team

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheshire Lee Kat

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:23 am
this is my team on firered and i am about to take the pokemon league and i am in victory road but could you offer me to a training place and some improvements?

Articuno lvl.50{Blizzard,Rock Smash,Mind Reader,Ice Beam}
Charizard lvl.43{Blast Burn,Earthquake,Return,Fire Blast}
Snorlax lvl.38{Body Slam,Strength,Rest,Sleep Talk}
Moltres lvl.51{Fire Spin,Fly,Endure,Flamethrower}
Vaporeon lvl.44{Bite,Water Pulse,Surf,Aurora Beam)
Kabutops lvl.38{Scratch,Mud Shot,Absorb,Endure}
well could you let me know of improvements?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:20 am
You've got a huge electric type weakness here--5 out of 6 would be taking double damage from electric. On top of that, 3 out of 6 would be taking x4 damage from rock.

I'd say get rid of the kabutops in favor of another rock and/or ground type that will be immune to electric rather than weak to it. Perhaps you should get rid of moltres as well--you've already got a charizard on your team, there really isn't a need for two fire-flying types. If you want a flying type move, replace return with fly on charizard. It'll be more powerful with stab anyhow. Then you can put a nice grass or electric on moltres's place. Better defensive coverage is good.

Suggested movesets for the other four:
Articuno lvl.50{Aerial Ace/Fly,Reflect,Agility,Ice Beam}
Charizard lvl.43{Blast Burn,Earthquake,Wing Attack/Fly,Flamethrower}
Snorlax lvl.38{Body Slam,Strength,Rest,Belly Drum} (holding cherri to wake it from rest)
Vaporeon lvl.44{Bite,Water Pulse,Surf,Ice Beam)  

LinkSage

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:51 pm
Your team remins me of mine from FireRed. I'd definatly recommend an electric type, like LinkSage said, plus it's not too well balanced. With a bit more level training, you COULD defeat the elite 4, but for a better team, you definatly don't need both Moltres and Charizard. I'd go for Zapdos if you like having the legendary birds, or find another electric type that you like.

Also, having used a Snorlax when bettling the Elite 4, I wouldn't keep the move rest unless you feel like you need it. You could have a much more powerful move there, Snorlax can learn some interesting ones (mine knows Psychic) Level your Pokémon up a bit while in victory road, too. That'll help a LOT.  
Teams

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games