Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
The pains of Trading.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feather

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:29 am
You know how it is, you are killing enemies and suddenly one of them drops an equip. It's good, it can't be bought in the shops and it's sellback suggests that a character that could use it should be able to put up some serious mesos for it in the freemarket.

But that would involve USING the freemarket, skipping to channel 1 and DROWNING in other peoples desperate screams for scrolls and quest items. It's so annoying! You waste tens of minutes of your time desperate to find a buyer, eventually give up and sell the item to the stores for a fraction of its actual value.

Has this ever happened to you? What do you do? Does anyone here use Basilmarket regularly and is it effective?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:59 am
    I use BasilMarket, but sadly you don't get the kind of bids you should. User Image

User Image

Lazy Brandon

Myrtle Bramble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:13 am
Basilmarket is VERY effective!
Use eet! :0  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:29 am
I like Basil Market. For the most part, I have gotten slightly higher bids than I was expecting. I think putting it up on Thursday and letting it run for the weekend helps since I figure more kids are able to use the Internet at that time rather than the beginning weekdays. I save a fame for my bidders, and have yet to give out a bad review. This guy one time wouldn't answer my requests for a meet time, eventually the 7 days ran out, and I just gave him a neutral. I got a positive in return about a statement about how nice I was. I didn't know the situation, maybe he bid on it and was grounded, had no Internet, vacation, or account stolen. I would like to have as many positives as Etherpendant one day. She's uber nice. whee

I always try channel 2 first... 1 is a last resort if I am even desperate for something in the FM. My irl BF likes to visit there whenever he's bored. He found a 10 int purple adventurer cape for 3.5mil one time when he was helping me look for INT equips. Someone definitely mispriced it. I say if you're interested in merchanting by buying low and selling high, popping in once in a while wouldn't hurt.  

Hari-Kari

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Cintax Error

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:13 pm
I use a shop. :] Sleeping > Looking for a buyer.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:50 pm
I use basil market occassionly and sometimes when a good item drops a noob takes it so i do this

User Image

lol xD  

Xzabitor

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:56 pm
I use Basil Market to sell my junks. Same for buying items. =D

Channel 1 does irritates me when I'm in an urgent need of an item and have to rush through shops. My computer is way too weak for such... powerful spamming. e_e  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:17 pm
Basil is good, sometimes. It's also pointless to go to fm 1. I rather keep on training at a well populated spot and wait until someone needs an item you have and ask them if they want to but it. If it doesn't work, try on the next person. biggrin hope this helped.  

Ninja no Ryukage

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff