If you ruled...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:03 am
If you ruled your country...what would you do?

Now, I'm for democracy, but I'd probably run my country under dictatorship, and give the people what I think they need, because I said so wink
So for starters:

Crime and Punishment: I'm sick of criminals getting away with things. I'm sick of someone drivign recklessly and not getting a prison sentence because the prisons are so full. I'm tired of people leaving prison and reoffending...so I'd chop off a limb for every serious crime, such as murder, huge theft etc...people would soon stop commiting crimes. and trust me, I'm deadly serious about it, I'm not joking about cutting their limbs off. I'd put them in jail as well as cutting a limb off...and cause they are so full, then I'd send them on a boat prison.
If you'd caused mass murder or something deadly serious, then I'd just fly you into space and deposit them so the dead body can float around...(ok that is a joke, cause I wouldn't want to litter up space..)

I'd make it so that all judges in court had to obey by the law, so that they couldn't put their own opinions into it: for example, letting people off when they think the crime isn't serious enough, or thinking that the person has already suffered enough emotionally and therefore doesn't need a sentence...cause that is a pile of crap. Technically they wouldn't actually "judge".

Bans: Smoking is already banned, but I'd ban hospitals from treating patients who have illnesses caused by smoking, they'd have to pay for their treatment themselves instead of the Government paying for it, cause it wastes so much money that could be spent better on health, just cause people refuse to stop smoking when they've been told it's killing them.

I'd ban restaurants and Bars from selling more than a certain amount of alcohol to people, so that people wouldn't get recklessly drunk and fight and hurt and kill each other whilst drunk. And I'd also make them pay for their own hospital treatment if it was an illness caused by drinking.
Some would argue that obesity is a self-inflicted illness, but that isn't always the case. So I wouldn't make overweight people pay for their treatment unless they were grossly overweight.

Economy: I'd stop footballers getting paid so much. Why should they? They play goddamn football, it's not a JOB.

If a person has worked very hard at their job all their life then I'd give them a bonus when they retire.

Education: I'd completely get rid of private schools. I don't see why people with money should get a better education than those who haven't. I'd also get rid of faith schools, because I don't see why kids should be taught any differently because of a certain belief.

I'd get rid of tuition fees so that no one had to pay to go to college and university.

I'd get rid of useless lessons in school, like "British'ism" or whatever it's called, where they teach kids about what's British. And I'd make them do more subjects which they will actually need when they grow up, like Sex Education, Cookery lessons, housekeeping lessons, rather than learning how to do goddamn Algebra and stuff that's useless.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:14 pm
Creatie expression would be allowed as long as it didn't harm people.  

Airforce Soldier

-Hellish Hatred-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:28 am
my country exists of the complete animal kingdom, with some modern techonology, and a selective amount of humans. Otherworldly spirits in human bodies are welcomed. Laws, basic nature laws really. Anyone who can't abide by them will be executed because they have been deemed a waste of breathe, and their lives will repay for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:37 am
Free pie for everyone.  

Airforce Soldier

-Hellish Hatred-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:09 pm
What's with you and the pie McLovin?
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 pm
When you say, 'If I ruled...', what are you meaning by it? What defines us as us exactly?  

Second-In-Command-Of-Hell

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:33 am
Second-In-Command-Of-Hell
When you say, 'If I ruled...', what are you meaning by it? What defines us as us exactly?

what I meant with the question is..if you had power over the people in your country...I don't just mean like president, because all the things I said there I wouldn't actually do because the people wouldn't like it..I mean if you had complete power...by some..unseen force or something..maybe like a King in the old days..because they didn't care what the people thought about them, they just gave rules out..

Or if you want to tackle the question a different way...if you could live in a perfect country..perfect in your eyes..what would it be like??  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:17 pm
Any ruler will have a rebellion.  

Airforce Soldier

KuRoAnGeL_826

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:54 am
airforce is right...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:07 am
Well there will always be people who diagree with the ruler...not everyone will like the way they think, it's inevitable.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

Airforce Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:58 pm
There is no such thing as a perfect country because everyones opinions differ so much.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:08 am
if i ruled .. i would prolly shoot myself before smeone else did.. semms like way to much stress for me and to much to del with.. either that or i would prolly go insane. xp  

Izlin

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:11 am
felillia
if i ruled .. i would prolly shoot myself before smeone else did.. semms like way to much stress for me and to much to del with.. either that or i would prolly go insane. xp

haha in reality yes it would be very difficult and I'd probably kill myself f it was my job..  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:23 pm
if i ruled it would be a dictatorship. in real life, no one listens to me, so itd be nice to have some power for once. people could believe whatever they wanted to as long as they didnt shove their ideas down other peoples throats. and people would not get paid for acting or playing sports or modeling because that doesnt do s**t to help the society.  

itsalwaysbeentoolate

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 am
itsalwaysbeentoolate
if i ruled it would be a dictatorship. in real life, no one listens to me, so itd be nice to have some power for once. people could believe whatever they wanted to as long as they didnt shove their ideas down other peoples throats. and people would not get paid for acting or playing sports or modeling because that doesnt do s**t to help the society.

hahaha I totally agree, can I rule with you xd  
*Debaters Cavern*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff