Choosing the Impossible - Sosiqui's Quest! [ACHIEVED!!!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:57 pm
This quest is still under construction all updated and finished in terms of content!

Background: Hi. I'm Sosiqui. I have four Soquili, though one of them is sig-rights only, so it's more like three... anyway. My first Soquili is Tkoli, the Okapi from one of the first auction events the shop ever had back in 2005. She was a gift from Orestae.

My second Soquili is Cedar, the daughter of Tkoli and Quinny-chan's Wayra. She is co-owned between myself and Quinny, who has all RP, breeding, etc. rights.

My third Soquili is Cricket, who was a gift from mistalina13 out of a breeding from her stallion Colonel and the mare Daisy.

My fourth Soquili is Euterpe, a gift from (and co-owned with) Kamiki. 4laugh Foal of Nymph and Cadence!

So I'm not a newbie, but I've been kind of intimidated by the thread. I love my gifted Soquili, but I've also always wanted something... flashy. ;D Something out of the ordinary.

Behold...  
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?

No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.

—Andrew Ryan, ruler of the city of Rapture

The city of Rapture is from the game Bioshock - a vast retro-future metropolis done in high Art Deco style, located at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean. Rapture was founded by one Andrew Ryan, a man seeking to free mankind from government, religion, and morality - anything that would impede the intellectual advancement of humanity. (His ideals are Objectivist. Very Ayn Rand.)

Rapture was built in... the 1940s, I think, though I'm not 100% sure and need to confirm that. It thrived for several decades, with a population of several thousand at its height - until the scientists of Rapture made a startling discovery. I won't go into detail here, but the gist is that the people of Rapture figured out how to modify their genetics to endow amazing abilities upon themselves, using a technology called plasmids and a serum called EVE.

The rush of power was too much. Internal politics and instability from the plasmids brought Rapture down, and at the beginning of the game, the city is beginning to decay. It's still very beautiful, but it's also very broken...

(Note: I love the setting of Rapture very very much, but I've seen all of two hours of Bioshock itself. I really want to finish the game but I do not own it or a system capable of running it, so please, please don't spoil me on it!!)  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here is an image of another pet I did using this theme, with all shading/effects/gradients intact.
It gives a good idea of what I want, applied to a different species.

Rapture is uncertain, very out of place - the natural setting and low level of technology that she finds herself enmeshed in is entirely beyond her, as is her very shape. She is frequently frustrated, with dreams and aspirations that go far beyond what a simple horse is capable of... there is no way she'll ever achieve them. Period. It's simply not possible in the Soquili setting. No matter how she dreams, the Native American world will never match what she most desires.

But she does still dream... and she does what very little she can. Rapture is *extremely* unstable, though she is not violent... just eternally frustrated and trapped by her dreams, which those around her would (justifiably) see as completely crazy. Rapture remains quiet most of the time, though she has a tendency to make people nervous. She enjoys watching everything around her with a single-minded clinical intensity that's rather creepy, though Rapture is never intentionally creepy. She isn't hostile or cruel, just eternally out of place. If confronted, her first reaction would be to run, and she would be very shy until she was convinced that the Soquili talking with her was not going to ridicule her or hurt her.

Rapture does not make friends easily, though she is drawn to outsiders and those she feels more likely to understand her dreams and her strange appearance. She stays away from the village and spends a great deal of time moving around and exploring, looking for someone who might truly comprehend her dreams, for a place that could let those dreams become real.

Rapture is prone to hallucinations due to her unstable mind; she has issues with sleepwalking and waking dreams.

Custom Form
.:Edited Regular Soquili:.
Colorist wanted: Any!
Name of horse: Rapture
Owner: Sosiqui
Temper: Shifting
Breed: Plasmid
Description(eye color/hair color/hair style etc): See reference images - basically, an art deco/science/retro-future inspired Soquili loosely based on the undersea city of Rapture from the game Bioshock. The reference image basically explains everything way better visually (and less confusingly) than I could in words.
Reference Image(s):
http://sorayume.net/temp/rapturesoq.jpg
Main reference image with loads of explanation.

http://sorayume.net/temp/rapturedeco.jpg
An image of another pet I did using this basic theme, with all shading/effects/gradients intact. It gives a good idea of what I want, applied to a different species.

As a note, I have an excellent photoshop brush set for a very easy underwater look that I would be more than happy to share with the colorist! whee Just to make things as simple as possible.
Which stage you want them to start as?: Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: No default accessories please.
Tag Frame/Feather color: However the colorist feels would look best with the Soquili.
Hair/Clothing edits: Hair can be the long straight default hair if desired, or you can make edits to have it resemble the reference image - it's up to you. ^^ Otherwise, the edits are mostly surface, not so much going beyond the lineart other than a few bracelet-type things and the spines. See reference image information for full details.

Thank you Tara for making the freebie base that I used for the concept!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:58 pm
[Other quests on the back burner:]

- Weighted Companion Cube Usdia mare!
- Purple/Golden Hourglass Sand Soquili stallion!  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:58 pm
[I guess I might need a fifth post eventually, so here it is.]  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:40 am
Leetle bump and update: Tidied thread up some.

Got a basket from Kamiki! heart Thank you so much! 4laugh

Also keeping track of how I've tried to get Rapture. So far: 1 try, Ameh's January custom slots. Status: Failed miserably. Oh well.  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:30 pm
Two tries: Tried for Ameh's February slots! Failed at speed and at the rest. O wellz.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:30 pm
Trying for Rapture update: Lil's February slots!

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:55 am
Four tries: Mer's March custom slots. Fails, curses.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:29 am
Five tries: ende's custom slots, April!

SUCCESS THANKS TO MEEPFUR! *_*!!  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Questing HQ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items