Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Roleplaying
Questions and Assistance!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Euphemius

Vice Captain

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:56 pm
The "Roleplaying Character Profiles" thread made by XxGrieverxX was deleted.

I saw no need for that thread. All it did was cause confusion within roleplays. And people never even looked at this thread anyways, only to post their profiles for their characters that didn't even join any roleplay.

I have made this now a Questions and Assistance thread for any of the roleplays. If you have a problem with something in one of the roleplays, post in here and I will try my best to resolve the problem. I will send you a PM with the answer and post it in here too. <3

Here are some FAQs:

Q: What is roleplaying exactly?
A: See a definition here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roleplaying

Q: How do you roleplay?
A: You basically act out like your character would. Things they would do, things they would say, ect. You also type out what your character does, hears, sees, smells, touches and tastes.

Q: What if I'm not good at roleplaying?
A: That's totally fine, you're allowed to learn to roleplay in here. :] Just follow what others are doing and I think you'll catch on.

Q: What if I'm really go at roleplaying?
A: Unlike the previous question, you should shorten your typing to just a paragraph. I don't like having to read novels each time you post. Most people don't really care what kind of door your character opens, what kind of doorknob is on it, or what they think about the lovely decorated door. That's just...pointless, really. Try to look at your *novel* and take out some of the bigger words and leave it simple.

Q: I don't like any of the roleplays...but I still want to roleplay .hack, what should I do?
A: What I would do, I would make my own roleplay. Most of the time if you're making your first roleplay...keep it basic. No big storylines or any of that sort. Just...people in The World. Unless you think you're confident enough to have a roleplay like that, go ahead.

Q: Nobody is joining my roleplay, will you join it!?
A: First of all, if you ask me to join your roleplay, I'll most likely say "no". I'm not mean or anything, but I'll chose which roleplays I want to join and which ones I don't. Second, nobody is joining your roleplay? Well, just be patient and wait for the right person to wander into this subforum and think your roleplay is interesting. Some other people don't notice new threads often in here because there's so few and hardly any of them are active, unfortunately. ]:

Q: I love you.
A: I love you too. <3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm
I'll keep it in mind mrgreen  

MeIAm3330

Keime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:03 am
I have a question. What the heck is R:2? I'm surprised that's not in the FAQ when the far more basic question of 'what is roleplaying?' is. Is this something I've missed out on by not playing the .hack games, or is it part of the innate knowledge shared by certain members of this guild, or...? You get my drift.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:34 pm
Keime
I have a question. What the heck is R:2? I'm surprised that's not in the FAQ when the far more basic question of 'what is roleplaying?' is. Is this something I've missed out on by not playing the .hack games, or is it part of the innate knowledge shared by certain members of this guild, or...? You get my drift.

Here is my reply to the question:

R:2 is the second version of The World. R:2 is when the events in .hack//G.U. or .hack//roots games & anime take place. 3nodding

Reference link: http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_R:2

Euphemius

Vice Captain

Lonely Explorer

Epitaph Orealis

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:03 pm
Let's say I wanted to start up a roleplay. How would I see if people were interested in my ideas and wanted to participate?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:12 pm
I have one of those...personal questions. I can't decide if I want to be a twin blade or a wave master. I like to attack a lot but I think it would be nice to be out of the way of attacks to give out some damage. In the games, I have to tell the wave master to heal otherwise they'll do diddly quat but if I am the wave master, I won't have to worry about that.
Can you help me decide?

Oh, and once I figure this out, I would love to join you Epitaph Orealis. I just need to know this first and then I wouldn't care if I was a character from the animes or games or whatever you have planned.  

KikuMizu

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 pm
Assistance is missing an S.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff