Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
new character help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

H3NRYSAN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:32 am
im starting over (again all thanx to my lil bro messing every character i have scream )
and i'm not sure what i should be
any suggestions
btw, i don't know how to raise mages  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:49 am
The decision to start a class is really a personal preference.

I have a cleric and think it fits me the most. I love helping lower levels train and supporting other players (mostly just friends). I think I save more on pots than everyone else I know and therefore it's easier for me to save on Mesos since I don't have to constantly keep buying. Read up on guides provided on Gamefaqs, Basilmarket, or Sleepywood for raising a mage class if you don't have any experience with them.

My only other character is a Sin. That was my starting class, which I don't advise you do to if you're just starting. The equips were too expensive, I went through pots and mesos like crazy, and it was hard making friends since everyone thought I was rich as most people did the class as a break from their main. I created the Cleric to fund her.. so we'll see when I make Priest if she's worth leveling again.

I can't give personal experience advice about the warrior and archer classes since I haven't really played as one. My boyfriend tried to make a warrior as something different from his I/L and feels it handles completely different. Everything is close range when he prefers long range, but he still plays now and then.

If you like close range attacks: Bandits, and Warriors.
If you like distance attacks: Assassins, Archers, and Magicians.

Again, I think it's mostly a personal preference.  

Hari-Kari

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Xahero

Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:12 pm

I don't know much about the other classes, so here's some info about what I do know. And thats is of the Magician class =P
You say you don't know how to raise a mage, so I'm inclined to think you probably wont choose our job.
But so incase you ever do, it's very simple. Here are some of the basic things you need to know.

When you get to level 8, you can make your first job change into a magician. Any other job requires you to be level 10.
After you change into a magician here's how your skill and stats should look.
Your luk should only be 3+ your level. (EX. You're level 13. Your luk should be 16) The rest goes into INT. Don't place ap's into anything other than int and luk.

As for your skills, Max out Magic Claw, Improving MP Recovery, Improving Max MP Increase, Magic Guard, place only 1 (one) Skill Point into Energy Bolt.
And don't even touch Magic Armor.

And that should take you all the way to level 30, where you'll then make your 2nd job advance.
There, you'll have the choice of becoming a wizard of Ice and Lightening. A wizard of Fire and Poison. Or a Cleric.

F/P wizards have the fact that to do a bit more damage than those of us I/L mages. But with that small drawback we I/L mages can freeze a lot of the enemies within the game and deal out more damage to fire based monsters. F/P do deal more to fire weak monsters, most of which reside in Orbis. Clerics are of the holy position and are mainly used as the buffers/healers within parties but they are very useful when it comes to fighting a dark/undead monster, as they're weak to holy attacks.

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out but thats roughly the basics to the 1st job and info on the 2nd job change.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:11 pm
k, thanx, i'll remember that  

H3NRYSAN

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas