Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
I'm new at Maple Story

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

II ONiiSan II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:37 pm
I'm a Lv 12 Magician in Khaini.
I have 30 intelligence
about 10 strength and
about 14 luck.
Do you guys have any tips on leveling up?
I know about Henesys' Hunting Ground 1.
Also, is it true that you can only use the items you buy with real money for only 3 months? :|

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:40 pm
Pick up everything you possibly can, unless you know it's value when selling it to a shop is 1 meso or so, because when sold it all counts towards your potions funds.

And yes, sadly, the items go away after 3 months. However I think that cosmetic items such as eyes and hair stay forever. neutral  

Lazy Brandon

II ONiiSan II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:44 pm
I wouldn't like to buy the same hair, skin and face all over again every 3 months :|
Do the items such as weapons that you buy with real cash do damage? or are they just for show?
Do they increase strength/defense?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:49 pm
II ONiiSan II
I wouldn't like to buy the same hair, skin and face all over again every 3 months :|

Hair, skin, and face stay once you buy them. It's the clothing and weapons that go away after 3 months.  

Isgebind

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

II ONiiSan II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:51 pm
Isgebind
II ONiiSan II

Hair, skin, and face stay once you buy them. It's the clothing and weapons that go away after 3 months.

that's dumb :|
but I'm gonna keep playing to show my ex I'm better than her. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:23 pm
o.o You shouldn't play for that kind of reason. neutral

Oh, and to answer your other question about the items and equips: The Cash Shop equips replace your normal equips, they hide them with newer, more stylish items. There are items that allow you to do special things in-game, though, and they're very helpful.  

Lazy Brandon

Takahashi Retsu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:53 pm
u needa restart anyways 10 strengeth on a magicain isnt good =/  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:58 pm
^^ I agree with the above. Later down the road the damage difference will be very noticeable compared to those that rolled a 4/4 with STR and DEX. It takes a while, but it's worth it. KEEP ROLLING and READ a GUIDE about stat builds. :[ Seriously, 4/4.

If you don't this as a long term thing and want to continue training, then I suggest the slime tree for you to level faster, IF you can 1-2 KO with your current stats.

SLIME TREE DIRECTIONS:
Start at Ell. go 3 rooms to the left towards Hen. The 3rd room is large and has several trees with a warp at it's hole. Enter the lower left one-tada! Slime tree. If you went in the wrong hole, keep looking in that area until you enter the interior of a tree with loads of slimes. I do want to warn you that upper levels will hang out there and KS lower levels, noobs will KS each other, and you might find hackers. Keep channel surfing though. It's worth it.

Anyone please feel free to correct my directions.. I haven't been there in a while.  

Hari-Kari

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

II ONiiSan II

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:33 pm
I ain't starting over again. I'm just gonna keep playing with what I got. I can 1-2 KO pigs already, so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:39 pm
II ONiiSan II
I ain't starting over again. I'm just gonna keep playing with what I got. I can 1-2 KO pigs already, so.

I did the same thing, and the only reason I'm doing good damage as a 6x bandit with screwed up stats is my equipment... seriously, at that level, it would be MUCH better to start over if you plan on playing for a long time.  

beyond absolute

Xahero

Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:02 pm
Your luk should only be 3+ your level. The rest goes into INT. Don't place ap's into anything other than int and luk.

As for your skills, Max out Magic Claw, Improving MP Recovery, Improving Max MP Increase, Magic Guard, place only 1 (one) Skill point into Energy Bolt.
And don't even touch Magic Armor.

And that should take you all the way to level 30, where you'll then make your 2nd job advance.

**Edit** Since you're not starting over where it's most easiest. Well then you're pretty much screwed. Good luck trying to do whatever it is you're trying to do. Hope you really don't plan on being better than whomever it is you said you were trying to be better than. Cause it's not happening with those stats.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 am
II ONiiSan II

Getting to level 12 is easy. I've had to redo my character 5 times because I kept getting the stats wrong (didn't know about the builds other players have created on the Maple sites at that time)and decided I hated the class (and had the wrong stats). My IRL boyfriend did it 4 times.. My brothers just created 3 charries each last week and all are level 3x.

If you're going for the Mage class again. ROLL THE 4/4 FOR STRENGTH AND DEXTERITY. Strength means absolutely NOTHING when you start using a staff/wand. On Maple Island, when you level put the points into the snail thing for JUST the green snail since you have low strength and these are the easiest to kill, train on those for a while and horde those shells. Use those shells to kill the other things on Maple Island. Do Mai's Orange Mushroom quest only if you are capable of snipering them off with the shell throw, otherwise it's a waste.

Leveling 30 below will be the EASIEST you will ever have in game. If you can't restart and get to level 12 again, then just quit because if your ex has proper stats, even if she's a lower level than you, she can still possibly beat you damage wise.. if that is your ONLY inspiration for leveling.

I have a Cleric on the Khaini server. Buddy Bambisdead if you decide to restart, I can help you train.  

Hari-Kari

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items