Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Speaking of Axis (Old Threads)
Angels: A Modern Fantasy Roleplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:01 pm
Angels: A Modern Fantasy Roleplay

Introduction
Various teenagers have awakened in many landscapes to discover a pair of wings perched on their backs, invisible to everyone around them. That is, except them and other fellow humans with wings on their backs.
And you are one of them.
Your reaction to this phenomenon is solely based on you. Do you freak out? Do you attempt to chop the wings off? Do you sit in a corner somewhere and cry? Do you attempt to fly? (Which I wouldn't reccomend due to the fact, like a butterfly recently emerging from it's cocoon, the wings are delicate)

But soon, you begin to realize that the wings aren't the only thing invisible to normal humans. You are slowly becoming invisible to your family, friends, loved ones.

Once completely invisible, you will be approached by an experinced angel (A crew memeber can partake as a second charachter to deliver this message to you, and no, they won't be the more experinced angel the whole time) and told to have time to adjust to this change. In the meanwhile, enjoy.

But the Angel will tell you something as well. That they have been unfairly chosen, from birth to fufill a duty to watch over those who do not see the magic that is happening all around them.
Unfortunatily, with the chosen from birth deal, it also creates the problem with enviromental and genetic influences that effect the angel's choices. There are four legions of Angels, those who protect, those who are evil, those who dedicate themselves to fight evil, and those who no longer care.

Also: anyone who has ever had a guardian can either feel the presence of one, and if they were deeply affected by that angel (ex. love, but not only love. Strong bond of friend ship, close in general) they could catch a glimpse of one, and hear them.

People/Other Angels can tell an emerging angel

After given a certain (it varies) amount of time to adjust, they are approached by the experinced Angel to recieve missions from her/him/it.
These missions are to protect:
Either potentially important people,
untainted (young) people,
important people,
those with connections to the angel world (which creates question of if there is a way to contact the humans from their angel form)
, and etc.

Angels are sometimes sent to take souls of those who are to die, due to the factors of evil who use souls to become more powerfull. This task is easy to get overwhelmed with, and there are cold and harsh angels who are indifferent to power that get sent to do this.

Everyone must be good to start off with, whether you like it or not. After your first good mission, they can apply for an evil application which consists of:
*One battle rp scene
*One good reason why their charachter would be evil. In a RP format.

Evil protects evil from good influnces, and makes sure evil doesn't die out.
Batteling will be primal, at first. But as the angels begin to grow, they will adapt to new powers. These will be set in stages.

Stages? Yes, Stages. As we go along, I will add more stages as well. Don't want to spoil things for you all.
Stages
Stage 1: Discovery of Wings. A path you must undertake yourself.
Stage 2:Approchal from an Experinced Angel.
Stage 3: Adjusting to your new lifestyle.
Stage 4: First Mission.
Stage 5:N/A
Stage 6:N/A
Stage 7:N/A
Stage 8:N/A
Stage 9:N/A
Stage 10:N/A

Message Me First SO I can approve your Charachter.
:Format:
Name:
Wing Description:
Physical Description:
Physical Trademarks:(Birthmarks, Scars, Tattoos, Etc)
Picture:(only if wanted. . . I will not provide one for you. It must match your description and cannot be too large, use common sense or I will not add picture.)
Personality:
Bio: (Must be five freaking sentences. No more, no less, no run ons, no fragments.)
Dislikes:(List Three)
Weakness: (I will change this if I want too.)
Strength: (I will change this if I want too.)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Wing Description:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Physical Trademarks:[/b](Birthmarks, Scars, Tattoos, Etc)
[b]Picture:[/b](only if wanted. . . I will not provide one for you. It must match your description and cannot be too large, use common sense or I will not add picture.)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b] (Must be five freaking sentences. No more, no less, no run ons, no fragments.)
[b]Likes:[/b](List three)
[b]Dislikes:[/b](List Three)
[b]Weakness:[/b] (I will change this if I want too.)
[b]Strength:[/b] (I will change this if I want too.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:12 pm
:::Charachters:::

CrimsonDestiny
Name: Kaia Desry
Wing Description: Purest white with red tinting the edges
Physical Description: Slightly short at 5'3 with jet black hair cropped short and spiky, but she and her sister enjoy wearing identical wigs to mess others up. Her blue-grey eyes always seem to have a smile hidden in them in contrast to her quite pale skin.
Physical Trademarks:(Birthmarks, Scars, Tattoos, Etc) A scar stretches across her right palm were she wretched a knife from her mourning sister's hand.
Picture: User Image
Personality: Kaia is highly charismatic and always has an excess of energy. She's generally up to new things, but can be quite stubborn when she wants to be. Still, she has a rather mischievous side that likes to bend the rules a bit too much.
Bio: Kaia and her twin sister Kiara where both born in Japan during the spring while their father was possitioned there. When they where five, the family moved to New York, again for their father's job, where their art-loving mother flourished. Kaia began to take dance lessons which she excelled at and her sister soon became a soccer pro. One evening, on their way to Kaia's recital, the father, mother, and eight year-old brother died in a car accident leaving the two sisters grief stricken and guilt wrought. The twins were then sent to Florida to live with their paternal uncle's family, the closest of kin, whom the two had never met before.
Dislikes:(List Three) Liers, the color brown, sudden loud noises

Strengths: She makes friends easily due to her charisma. Her fearless nature also lets her never hold back and put all she has into things.
Weaknesses: Can really only live in the present, which may have been a benefit for getting over the deaths in her past, but she can never plan for the future.

Vengeful Fox
Name: Ratel Siente
Wing Description: Black, feathered
Physical Description: Black hair, red eyes, pale skin, 6' 2"
Physical Trademarks: Scars on his side
Picture:User Image
Personality: Distant, moderately patient. Not the person to get into an arguement with, however. A self-proclaimed Atheist
Bio: He lived with his mother and his sister (age:6) before his wings sprouted. He spent most of his life up to then staying at home to take care of his sister, a hemophiliac. He attended public school before transfering to online classes to take care of her. His mother, an alcoholic, is rarely seen at home anymore. He remains the only reliable link to his sisters safety.
Dislikes:'Normal' people, Arrogance, insensitivity
Weakness: His attatchment to his sister, His overprotective nature, poor people skills
Strength: Strong-willed, intelligent, levelheaded

lunexor

Name: Ryan Cull
Wing Description: Soft Grey Dappled with Darker Grey tints.
Physical Description: Whispy pale brown hair that reaches under her jawbone, and to the base of her neck. Ryan has pale skin due to lack of sunlight. Her eyes are a stormy grey with blue flecks.
Physical Trademarks: Her skin pigment is unusuall on her torso leaving the right side of her stomach lightly tanned, while the other side is pale. More noticeable once sun has tanned her skin.
Picture:User Image
Personality: Ryan isn't bold or confident, but she can be cunning when needed, and mostly likes to be someone that people can talk to and trust. She has a cold exterior with a determined attitude most days, but if you get to know her, you'll realize her personal attributes are contradictory to each other.
Ryan likes to improvise, because sometimes following the rules doesn't work,
but she knows when to shut up and do as told.
Bio: Ryan was born in Alaska, and hasn't stopped moving since that day. Every year, Ryan can be expected to have her bags packed and waiting by the door of her current home, awaiting the news of her next destination. For this reason, Ryan despises long-term bonds that keep her in the past. She was in a family of five, two parents and two sisters. Ryan is the middle child, but most mature. Her younger sister, Cassandra is the brain child, while her older sister, Samanthat is a begining model.
Dislikes: Chance, Arrogance, Blogs
Weakness: Stubborn Nature, Empathy, Strength
Strength: empathetic nature, as well as her ability to accept change and find another way to do things.

Fairlee

Name:
Annalyn Baker
Wing Description:
White and feathered, with soft off-white down
Physical Description:
Pale complected, with a smallish frame and unspectacular blue eyes. Her hair is black, straight, and shoulder length.
Physical Trademarks:
None
Picture:
User Image
Personality:
Distant and quiet, she can be friendly enough but rather close lipped on her past. She likes to remain reserved and instinctively does everything possible to ensure how she truly feels about things is kept secret. She doesn't often speak her mind; she is slow to trust.
Bio:
Annalyn was born to a relatively stable family, the youngest of three children. Living a relatively quiet life; she had her first dose of reality when, during a party thrown by her elder brother, she was raped. Her testimony put him away, but Annalyn became extremely reclusive, refusing therapy in favor of time with her supportive family. She remained in the school system, but declined offers to attend college. Instead she took a job in a small antique store, working the evening shift.
Dislikes:
Arguing, nosy people, surprises
Weakness:
Self-doubt, mistrust, inability to say 'no' under pressure
Strength:
Fortitude, resilience, loyalty

pepperisawesome

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:10 pm
The first thought, notion, or idea that ran through Ryan's mind was the pounding pain in her back, or on her back. She couldn't really tell, due to the fact her backside was pressed against her bed and the wall. Like a seizure jolt, Ryan moved herself of the bed in a swift and fluid movement. Mirrors adjacent from the queen size bed that rested in her room did not only alert her of the apperance that she held, unrested and ragged. They also portrayed crooked and heavy wings perched on her pale back. "No. . ." Ryan muttered to herself, untrusting her eyes. She slammed her hands into her face, rubbing her eyes. Still closed, she traced her fingers against her upper spine, slowly trailing them down until she hit a jutting, solid obstacle. "This can't be true." She whispered, to only herself. Ryan straigtened herself out, and adjusted her tank top of a nightshirt to make the strange objects more comfortable. She faced the mirror, willing the wings to be gone. And she opened her eyes once more.
They were still there. Elegant, and spread out, downy feathers covering frail veins that would one day harden like any featherd creatures. Ryan cocked her head to the left, still not comphrending.
Slender fingers stroked her wings, trying to decipher what they meant. In yet another fluid moment, Ryan swept across the room, bruising her wings furthur and picked up the cellular phone that lay on her dresser. For a moment, she held the phone in her hand, staring at it. Who would she call? That previous school year, Ryan had effectivly burned every bridge that she crossed. She wasn't left with many friends, at all. Throwing the phone onto her bed, Ryan carefully emerged from her room, and into the kitchen where her sister sat, eating breakfast. "What's up with you?" She asked, looking up from her plate of half eaten heated waffles and microwave sausages. A glass of milk was clutched in her left hand, and her right reached for the fork. This was Ryan's youngest sister, Cassandra, and her favorite as well. All three sisters were close in age, but not in personalities. Cassandra was the most bearable to Ryan, being the nerd of the bunch. Her IQ was limitless, and she had won a plethora of science fairs.
Ryan only stared in disbelief.
"What?" Asked Cassandra defensively, shoveling more food into her plump cheecks.
"Can't you see?"
"See what?"
Ryan guestured to her wings.
"The air? No, I can't see it. Unless this is a trick question. Is this a trick question?"
This conversation was hopeless. Ryan had to start pointing out the spefics.
"My wings. On my back."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:59 pm
A raindrop landed on his forehead, stirring him from his sleep. A slight pain was felt on his back, but he made the assumption that leaning agaisnt concrete to take a nap would cause such an effect. He straightened out, stretching. What time was it? He withdrew his cell phone to check. 6:30. He would have to get downstairs and make dinner. He yawned widely, enjoying the dusk before him. He wondered if his mom would be coming home tonight, but banished the thought.

He had been taking to sitting on their apartment buildings for hours at a time while his sister slept downstairs. He pushed open the doorway to the stairwell, walking through. He felt concrete scrape his ba-not his back, something else. He looked over his shoulder to see what it was. Wings...black wings. He shook his head. There was no way. He tried to ignore the wings as he made his way downstairs.

He opened the door of the apartment, wondering vacantly if his sister was awake. His wings brushed the dore again, causing slight flickers of pain to run through him.

He walked down the hall to her bedroom, knocking softly on the door, "Leigh? You up?"

The sound of a light turning off answered him. He walked into the room, where he saw her laying over a pillow, obviously hiding something. She was wearing a pair of white pajamas, making her look like a cloud on her light blue bedsheets.

"What were you doing in here?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all." She smiled at him.

He already knew what she had been doing, and noted that her hands were bare, "You were reading without your gloves on, weren't you?" He asked, narrowing his gaze at her.

She shook her head, "No, I was just-"

"Listen to me. I know they may be uncomfortable, but you don't understand; The slightest p***k, the smallest papercut, could be fatal, Leigh."

She shook her head, "Your exaggerating." She was smart for her age, and sometimes that annoyed him.

He looked at her. The pain in his back had increased dramatically now that he was fully alert. He turned to Leigh, changing the subject without even the slightese transition, "Leigh...?"

"Yes, big brother?" She asked innocently.

"Do you...see anything? On my back, I mean."  

Vindictive Fox

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:10 pm
It was the sound of rain that woke her, the constant quiet tappings against roof and paned glass. It was this usually comforting sound that had blue eyes snapping open, staring at the white wall and the small window it sported in a daze.

It was late afternoon, but the storm outside made it feel much later to the pale skinned girl. She frowned, confusion filling her as she shifted her eyes to the red numbers on her clock. It was getting late... why was she sleeping again..? She sighed and pressed her face into her pillow, stretching out on her bed where she lay on her stomach. She instantly froze as a sharp prickling of pain danced along her back. It was noticeable, and she gasped, bewildered as pushed herself up on her hands and knees.

Something was wrong... something was shifting on her back as she moved, almost like a sheet, but more substantial. The girl brushed raven strands of hair from her eyes... and started as her elbow brushed against something distinctly animal: feathers. She automatically started away from the feel, twisting around to gaze with wide eyes at what she saw.

Wings. Sprawled out on either side of her body and sporting white feathers. Wings that should belong to some large, dangerous creature... but no, they were attached to her back. Pale hands reached back, trembling slightly as she traced over the place where one feathered wing merged with her skin... and Annalyn Baker screamed.

The effect was instantly rewarded with what the girl did not want: attention. There was a knocking at her bedroom door, a voice calling out to her that she easily recognized as belonging to her elder brother, Allan.

"Annalyn..?!"

"Don't come in...!" the girl replied in a breathy, panicked tone. "I'm fine... I just saw... it's raining!"

It was a horrible lie and she knew it; lying was not really one of her strong points. But it was what she needed to try and calm down enough to puzzle over these things on her back...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:34 pm
"Kaia what are you doing sleeping on your stomach?" came the all too familiar voice of Kaia's twin Kiara.

"Sides, you better kick it into gear if you even want to dream of getting to school on time. Move it!"

Kaia opened her mouth to begin some sort of retart along the lines of how good of an idea dreaming was and that Ms. I-Need-More-Coffee 2000 was no sort of person to be giving oversleeping lessons....but instead was simply met with a mouthful of pillow. Weird. She usually was such a restless sleeper she awoke to a nest of blankets that she rulled over face up. Her sleepy mind decided not to put too much thought into pointless reasoning and instead decided to let loose a muffled murmer resembling, "Yea yea I'm up." Kiara seemed to be satisfied with such a stark answer since her remarks were replaced with silence. Or perhaps she had left already. Patience wasn't really her style.

The teenager allowed herself a few more moments of warm comfort before dragging herself up. There was a strange almost weight on her back, but Kaia paid no real heed to it. She probably just needed to stretch. She had, after all, been practicing for several hours yesterday with her dance instructer.

Using whatever tools were available to her, primarily banged faces and stubbed toes, Kaia made her way to the bathroom to start her morning ruetine. After blinking in her contancts, she peered at the mirror strangely. What were those weird things behind her? A glance showed that nothing was there. Still they appeared in the mirror. When rubbing at the glass held that they still somehow existed. In horror, Kaia reached slowly behind her. As her hands encounter feathers, a scream could be heard throughout the house.  

CrimsonDestiny

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:40 pm
"Wings? On your back? You can't be serious." Cassandra snorted, turning her face back to the plate of breakfast foods. "Wings on who's back?" Samantha, Ryan's other sister asked, waltzing into the room from behind Ryan. She walked right into the wings, but seemed to take no notice that she had walked into anything. Ryan did, and the momentum from Samantha's push into her wings, and the pain that ensued led her to a sprawling position on the floor, her apparently invisible wings draped around her, as if protecting her. "Ryan. She's finally gone loony. I told her hanging around those drug addicts weren't good for her." Cassandra said, rolling her eyes. Samantha reached into the refridgerator and grabbed a protien water for her morning water. Samantha, like Ryan didn't eat breakfast, but she allways had her Berry-Berry Protien water that held off hunger. She usually didn't speak to anyone until she had the first swig of her berry-berry water but she always made exceptions if she could ridicule her sister, whom she despised. "Wings? Where?" Laughed Samantha, her tone had not turned cruel just yet. "On her back." Cassandra said in a chipper tone that matched her well.

"Wings." Samantha stated, one hand on her hip, the other clutching the protein water, staring at Ryan in disbelif. By then, Ryan had stood up, not to sure how to defend herself.
This whole wing thing was apparently in her mind, and she was obviousily crazy.
"Wings?" Ryan asked, repeating Samantha's statement in a question form. "What the hell are you talking about?" It took a deal of self control for her voice not to shake, and her to keep her body from not trembling. "The ones you told me about!" Cassandra protested, standing up with her milk in one hand.
"Which ones?" Asked Ryan coldly. This was obviousily unfair to her sister, but she didn't have much choice.
The strong survive, and now Ryan had to be strong not to end up in the mental insitution her bipolar anorexic mother frequented. They had more cause due to the fact that bipolar disorder was herditary, and more so because she had both illusions and delusions, such as Ryan was having at that moment.
Cassandra sat down, downcast and giving up entirley to early. Samantha slapped Cassandra upside the head. "Attention seeking idiot." And gracefully strolled out the door, also down cast at an opportunity to hurt Ryan. Ryan left back for her room, but not before looking in Cassandra's direction. Cassandra met her eyes. Hurt. Loniless. Unaccepted. Ryan knew these emotions. And she also knew that Cassandra didn't deserve feeling that way. But at that moment. Ryan had been betrayed, and older sister nice actions would have to wait until later.
Turning her adorned back on her sister, Ryan retreated to her room to decide what to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:03 pm
"What..?" Allen sounded skeptical. "I'm coming in..."

"No!" Annalyn screamed as the door swung inward, flinging a hand out as if to stop the inevitable... and tumbling from her small bed to land on her face. She winced as the wings thumped to the ground on either side of her body, fragile and clearly visible. A wave of horror at the insanity of it all rushed through her as she waited for the scream, the exclamation of disbelief...

"Annalyn..!" Allen hurried to her side and crouched before her. "What in the world is wrong with you? Are you alright?!"

"Am I...?" Annalyn blinked, slowly raising her head. Why wasn't her brother concerned with the freakish extensions on her back..?! He met her eyes with concern and guilt, no trace of surprise in their depths.

"Did you... have a bad dream?" he asked in a hushed voice, one layered over with guilt. "About... back then..?"

"N-No..." she sat up, white feathers sprawled out on either side of them. "Just... Allen, do you know what's going on..? Why do I have these... these things?!"

"Things..?" he only blinked at her, and fear twisted in her chest.

"The wings... these things!" she gestured to one of the feathered wings at her side despretly. He simply lifted an eyebrow. "Can't you... can't you see them..?"

"Hmmm... hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?" Allen asked sympathetically.

Annalyn didn't reply, only swallowing hard as she went cold inside. He couldn't see them. She... was apparently the only one who could. And that simple fact scared her as much as any nightmare could.

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:49 am
Crawling out the window was more difficult than Ryan had ever imagined. Her bulky wings didn't quite appreciate the bumping and squeezing they had to endure. Finally outside, Ryan stood up straight in the hedges, flexing her wings in and out. The flexing was like an instinct, a thoughtless action like scratching her hand if it were to itch.
She was now at a loss of what to do. How to act. Foolishly, she jumped into the air. Needless to say, her wings didn't even try to flap. Cursing under her breath, Ryan took a running start, and propeled herself into the air.

And landed right back down, on her stomach.

Dismayed, Ryan looked up at her surroundings. Typical suburban neighbor hood, with the smell of fresh cut grass still lingering in the air, and in her nose. Brushing flecks of dirt off of her, Ryan stood up once more. She was obviousily insane, the wings did nothing for her.

Once more adjusting her clothing to the wings on her back, Ryan closed her eyes for a moment. A soft wind brushed past her.
For a moment, she was calm.
Wings spread out and let the wind run into them.

And this time, Ryan fell flat on her back, after the gust of the breeze had caught her off guard.

Ryan opened her eyes once more, and turned her head slightly.

A neighbor, an old man that was wearing only shorts and a sweatband across his head clutching a glass of iced tea and the lawn mower handle had taken the time to stare at her awkwardly.
Ryan tried to imagine the sight from his perspective, possibly not the most sane thing he had ever seen.
"I'm all right!" Ryan called, standing up and waving at her neighbor.
That was embarresing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:57 pm
"I..." the raven haired girl cleared her throat, her mind racing. "I-It's nothing... I must have still been dreaming."

She pushed herself to her knees, wincing as she was able to feel the pull of her newly aquired wings tugging at her back. She gulped hard and clenched her pale hands in the baggy material of the white sweats she wore, trying to control herself. Hyperhentelating in front of the most doting of her elder brothers was not the way to reassure him that she was indeed alright.

"Yeah..? Hmmm..." eyes as sapphire as her own stared at her, and Annalyn had to force herself not to squirm under their intensity. For a long moment there was silence, and then Allen stood with a sigh. "Alright... just be more careful. Dream are dream, and reality is reality. Hurry up and come down stairs when you're done. Dinner's ready."

Annalyn only nodded as a reply, and remained immobile until her brother exited her small but clean room, closing the door behind him. The frail girl only then raised her head, closed her teeth over a trembling bottom lip, closed her eyes for a long moment... then opened them again to gaze at the wings. No, they had not vanished. Her brother's logic was flawed.

Fighting to take control of the fear beginning to fill her, Annalyn pushed herself to her feet. She allowed her wings to drag on the floor, the sickening feeling instantly bringing forth a desire to know how to move them to mind. Following her subconscious command they lifted into the air, folding neatly again her back with a precision that made her squeak. She stood stiff and still for a moment, then made her way to the door. Her mother, father, and brother... if they failed to see as Allen did, she would begin to panic. Putting it off, she used the hope of dreaming to keep herself calm as she descended the stairs.

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
Speaking of Axis (Old Threads)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers