Submit

Hows it doing?
  Burning out
  Stronger than ever
  Staying stable
View Results

xStephanx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 pm
How do you see it going right now? Ronin Harris already said sorry for making up the name, hehe. smile

I'd say the scene was stronger than its ever been. Last years Infest was incredible thanks to the double headliners Apoptygma Berzerk and VNV Nation, the two founders as the two headliners. It seems its still dominating the EBM scene. In fact I don't think there's many non-futurepop stars rising, just staying stable through rep like Nitzer Ebb and Funker Vogt.

I'll make a list of my top artists of the moment, but most likely anyone who gives a s**t already knows everyone I'm about to list:

VNV Nation
Apoptygma Berzerk
Covenant
Code 64
Colony 5
Angels & Agony
Deviant UK
Assemblage 23
Seabound
Essexx  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:27 am
I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I like a few artists. I think my main hesistance into jumping into the genre is that so many artists sound alike. There are certainly numerous talented and unique groups out there, but it also seems as though there are thousands of ulttra-generic carbon-copies.

My favorite of the genre (or scene, some might consider it) is probably Assemblage 23.  

GilAskan
Crew

xStephanx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:11 am
Really? I always found it kind of diverse, I mean it has the trance side, it has the EBM origins, and the overlapping synthpop stuff. From that formula there's a lot of potential for diversty.

There's some blatent VNV clones I suppose, like Pride And Fall. There's also stuff in there I'm not into, like I was never really into And One (seeing them at M'era Luna, they looked good but not that great).  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 pm
My economics teacher listens to Apoptygma Bezerk. Hearing that he did made me giggle. whee  

Ende_Neu

This Old Oscillator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:57 pm
I like Seabound and Frozen Plasma  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:39 am
Seabound rule. I saw them live at Slimelight in September 2007, and they were incredible. Slow by most standards, but incredible.

Frozen Plazma I'm not that sure of - bit too cheezy for me, but good melodies.  

xStephanx

Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff