Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
In-Game Friend-Making

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lazy Brandon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:51 pm
In Maplestory I'm generally just grinding away and have little to no time for casual chattery with people, which may eventually lead to having new friends, so I have a small buddy list overall with just people I've met outside of Maple. One of my friends whom I got to know outside of Maple is big on the in-game friends and is trying to get me more friends but it's actually quite hard!

I want to know how you guys [and gals] make your in-game friends and how these friendships work out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 pm

quite a few came from Sleepywood.net

the rest are random people ive partied with, or met through chatting with others...

Ask most of the people that know me, my buddychat moves fast, but its a riot if i get a chance to read it...

LordVada

Raider

qutefoxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:36 pm
Pqing and sharing or partying with people in the same map. Since I'm a priest, my heal and holy symbol is greatly love so I usually party with others while training. We chat through the party chat and made friends. Then its "Can I buddy you?" and "Of course ^_^"
Thats how I usually meet and get to know others.
~Foxie  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:06 pm
Everyone likes to buddy the Cleric.

Half of my BL is a mixture of people I've done trades with through Basil Market that were the same level as me atm and wanted to PQ, those who are serious PQers that I've never done trades with but have shared maps with, and those that are lower leveled and tried to train on my maps but the damage was higher than they could handle. I'm nice, I share maps and heal. :3 The other half are people I know IRL and close guild mates non-primary characters who are not in the guild.

What's funny is that I don't like to PQ with strangers and it's always with guild mates. So.. I'm pretty sure I'll need to clean house one of those days of those avid PQers since I quit parties when I hear "SPAM HEAL NOOB CLERIC". Psh, I now how to press 'shift' to heal. /rant.

Meh, I didn't have a real BL until I got in my current close knit guild. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Friends will come in time.  

Hari-Kari

200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

x3Crystalize

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:35 am
[The path of my memories is fading]

Most of my friends I have are from LMPQ or were
Though a small minority I've known for 3 years online starting at a small forum that probably no one heard about.
Though I think the easiest way to get friends from my point of view is to just go on the Ship to Orbis/Ellinia and chat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:41 pm
Being a Cleric definitely helps~ <3

Guess that's one reason why I became one. Other than that fact: random parties with people, Basil Market, talking to people on the ships between continents~Random places where I just talk to random people... they usually end up liking me enough to buddy me. :3

i R strawberry

__penguin__
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:22 am
I meet a few from random places but I meet most of them from PQ. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:08 pm
It's hard for me to keep mine not full. I can't even remember the last time that there wasn't anybody on. xD And all of them are people I met randomly because I get into conversations easily. Tons of friends of friends who became my friends and such.  

Cintax Error

Andoruu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I try not to make friends PQing. They end up only backstabbing and tracking me. >_> But I guess mainly through other friends and my guild. There's also occasionally just that random cool person you meet in a random location from time to time.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:06 pm
Cintax Error
It's hard for me to keep mine not full. I can't even remember the last time that there wasn't anybody on. xD And all of them are people I met randomly because I get into conversations easily. Tons of friends of friends who became my friends and such.

That.
And PQ.  

beyond absolute

Jeoffroi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:36 pm
My buddy list consists of 3 friends from outside of Maple and 2 noobs that added me. =/

I would like to have more friends (not just random noobs D smile but it seems hard and if you ask someone "friends?" it just makes you sound like a nub. -_-;  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 am
I think it tends to be better meeting folks on forums and such than in-game. 99% of the people I chatted with were from here. I only really met a handful of people in-game worth keeping on my buddy list in the couple years I played. Maybe other servers are better, but most of the people in-game were jerks.  

Imaginary Fox
Vice Captain

Aged Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Grabber 50

mejoel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:10 pm
From going on the boat from ellinia mostly, lmao  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items