Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Mad Hatter Chatter
Dang Writer's Strike!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:36 pm
That dang writer's strike! How long must it go on? xD I'm just kidding, I'm not that much of a television holic, but I know that I do empathize with the writers. They do deserve Royalties generated from online products as well! If they don't do this now, they may never recieve an honest income for their work as today's culture falls more and more into the capable hands of cyberspace!

Well, what do you all think? And what shows do you miss?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:46 pm
    I mostly watch cartoons, so it doesn't really affect me. But it figures that I just start getting into a couple of primetime shows, and the writer's strike starts. I miss House and Heroes. crying

But I would have been much more upset if the Broadway stagehand strike had lasted long.

radiocarbonn

Hakumei Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:54 pm
Teehee I watch mostly cartoon also... but I still watch a few tv shows. I want Heroes to start up again (its coming back soon isn't it?). And they haven't even started Lost yet because of that damn strike. I'm generally really against strikes of any kind. Most of the time the strikers don't even deserve the ridiculous amount of money they make, much less the increase in pay they're after. I mean, look what the bus strike did here in NY. I digress.

I just really wish the strike would end so Lost and Heroes would be on every week like usual.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:01 pm
Hakumei Kusanagi
Teehee I watch mostly cartoon also... but I still watch a few tv shows. I want Heroes to start up again (its coming back soon isn't it?). And they haven't even started Lost yet because of that damn strike. I'm generally really against strikes of any kind. Most of the time the strikers don't even deserve the ridiculous amount of money they make, much less the increase in pay they're after. I mean, look what the bus strike did here in NY. I digress.

I just really wish the strike would end so Lost and Heroes would be on every week like usual.

Cartoons<3

Wasn't the bus strike not just the buses, but the whole MTA Transit? I remember that. One of my field trips got canceled cause of it. I didn't actually know anything about it though. sweatdrop How much are they getting paid now and how much before the strike? I'm curious.

radiocarbonn

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:13 pm
Lucky. Feild trips.

Lost? I completely forgot about that show! (Sorry, it hasn't been on too much!) Yikes.

Alright, there is a "New Source Of Media." The Internet. And so far, the writers want a share in the royalties being made by the internet. Because they are getting none. (Ex. Itunes sell episodes online, in their Itune store. The writers get no royalties from that)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:04 pm
radiocarbon
Hakumei Kusanagi

Cartoons<3

Wasn't the bus strike not just the buses, but the whole MTA Transit? I remember that. One of my field trips got canceled cause of it. I didn't actually know anything about it though. sweatdrop How much are they getting paid now and how much before the strike? I'm curious.

Eh it might have been, but i only used the buses then so i don't remember but probably. I missed out on a couple of days of school b/c of it! And if I remember correctly, they didn't even get a pay raise and lost a lot of money. serves them right...  

Hakumei Kusanagi

inthefamily

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:29 pm
They deserve the money... but what happened to art for art's sake? lol, I'm kidding I generally support them as long as I get what I want.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 pm
I can't wait for the next season of Heroes... I think what the writers did there was write a bunch of extra material before the strike so the show could still go on a little longer even while they were on strike. Correct me if I'm wrong. ^-^ I support strikers, as long as they really do deserve what they're after, but I know also that a lot of unions don't even do very much for their members, and many union leaders are the only ones who get the real benefits..... *sigh* this world is a strange one...  

The Night Faery
Captain

Mad Hatter Chatter

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces