Reply Specific Anime/Manga Subforum
Ghost Hunt

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HiddenBeliefs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this anime! its fantastic, its based on a novel series called Akuryou Series created by Fuyumi Ono. the manga is still running, and the anime has finished at episode 25.

heres a synopsis! (from wikipedia)

Ghost Hunt follows the adventures of Kazuya Shibuya, the president of the Shibuya Psychic Research Center (SPR) and Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student. The story begins during an exchange of ghost stories between Mai and her friends, who are interrupted twice: first by a mysterious "male student" and then by a fellow classmate, who warns them of how their ghost stories attract spirits.

While out walking, Mai sees the building that all the ghost stories surround and decides to go in. As she is about to touch a camera in the middle of the room, a man stops her and ends up injuring himself. Mai is then forced to work as a stand-in assistant for the man, an employee of the "male student," who was hired to study the "paranormal" events occurring at the school. Mai nicknames this "student" "Naru" for his narcissistic attitude. Naru owns a paranormal investigation company SPR and Mai eventually earns a part-time job at SPR after assisting with the first case. The more involved Mai becomes with Naru, the more she learns about herself and her feelings towards him.

Along with Shibuya's assistant, Lin, the SPR also finds itself assisted by various spirit mediums and exorcists.

The anime has already ended its run. Many fans have asked for a second season, but while there has been no firm confirmation, some fans believe there is a possibility of a return to be around this fall. The manga is still ongoing; hence beliefs that there could be a possibility of a second season. The author has been quoted as saying that she is currently working on a girl's horror story that she began years ago (she stopped writing "Ghost Hunt," the novels, in 1994).

```````

I havent met much people who have seen this anime! and if anyone here has seen it or read it! would be great.

-Kate xoxo  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:46 pm
I've seen it!
It's great really..
Especially File 7:Blood-soaked Labyrinth
Oh, man was that great!

Natsumei

Shy Browser

9,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

darkcrystallynangel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:34 pm
I've seen the first couple of episodes and I've read some of the manga as well... It's pretty good, I just haven't been able to get around to reading/watching more of it yet  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:21 am
I looooveeeeed this serie biggrin I was really sad when there was no more to see =| I was really enjoying myself watching it.
By the way is there any similar anime?  

LucyOnee

4,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pommes Frites

Fashionable Fatcat

34,375 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Waffles! 25
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:42 pm
I'VE SEEN IT!mai is so COOL! i cant believe theres no 2nd season though crying *cries in corner* this series is one of my favorites!
i love when mai is like kidnaped by the ghost in her dream, that was so cool! the blood bath was awsome! X3

Specific Anime/Manga Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games