Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:58 am
Want to share anything about the second book you particularly liked, or disliked? Here is the place to share such revelations.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:34 pm
I liked the chessboard thing going one. But I loved the first more.  

inthefamily

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:07 pm
True. it offered a different perspective than a deck of cards.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:36 pm
I don't know why but I think I actually enjoy the second one more, maybe its because I love the fact that everyone thinks that what happened in the disney movie all took part in alice in wonderland and I feel smart when I can tell them wrong.
Its just the fact that not many people have actually read the second half of the story.

_DeVamp_

Alice_chan10210

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:52 am
I kinda liked this one better, especially the darker poems.
Wonderland was more about nonsense, and tho this one is nonsense too, there is a purpose to Alice's journey.; ie she's not just chasing a funny rabbit. I especially liked the poem Jabberwocky =^_~=
Say, what the heck are "scented rushes"??
3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:45 pm
Through the Looking-Glass rules, as does Alice in Wonderland. I like them both. Jabberwocky is extremely intriguing...

Currently my school is doing a play Alice in Wonderland and it incorparates both rather nicely. The Queen of Hearts tells Alice she can't go home until she crosses the chessboard and becomes a queen. When the cards attack Alice, she runs to Looking-Glass land and experiences Through the Looking Glass there, while being chased by the Queen of Hearts who wants to behead her (obviously.) Then all the Wonderland creatures turn up for Alice's coronation. I like how they don't make the Red Queen evil. I also like their version of the White Queen scene, though I never get to see it crying I'm the baby/pig, and I got more laughs today from our fourth grade audience than the caterpillar Tim, who is considered hilarious in his acting but is very obnoxious and full of himself really and now I can hold it over him that I was funnier than him... Well, I don't think our fourth grade audience understood what a hookah was.  

White Queen Amata

All In the Golden Afternoon

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff