Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
The Importance of Keeping Star Trek Alive for Posterity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shopping_Spree_101

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:26 am
Since 1966, Star Trek fans have turned on the TV and seen a portal to the future. This vision of a better life for all people, not just men, or white men, but all people, has given us hope that things could be better. Through it we have seen that not only can we make great strides technologically, but also personally.
Star Trek has also set a scientific goal. Can we discover some of the technologies we've seen on TV? In the Original Series, the technology to make handheld communication devices had not yet been invented. And now, mobile phones that flip open are fairly commonplace. How long until we can call our friends on a little badge pinned to our clothes? At this rate of technological advancement, not long.
But now we come to the point of my little speech. Today, the number of fans is huge. The problem is, many are adults. Being a teenager myself, I've noticed that very few of my friends even know that fans don't say "May the force be with you" and that no one ever really said "Beam me up, Scotty" on any of the episodes or movies.
I am concerned. I am concerned that in future years, the number of fans will slowly deteriorate. I am worried that we will begin to lose the vison of the future that only Star Trek can provide, as Science Fiction becomes more widely considered "nerdy", and those "nerds" turn to more recent TV shows.
It's up to us to introduce the non-trekkers to Star Trek, so that once more our society can hold on to the dream of a better tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:07 am
my parents raised me on Star Trek and i will do the same when (if) i have children. My children will of course tell their friends that mommy is a nerd but the messages ST has will still be alive in their little brains, and they, like i have, will come to realize its ok to be a nerd and that once upon a time there were tv shows of substance and quality and not just "reality tv"  

Victorie Rose

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:57 pm
I am proud to be a fan of Star Trek. At the barracks, people know that I'm a trekkie. Especially when I almost got the Starfleet Command insignia tattooed on my body.

I am proud of my nredness. My fiancee' loves my nerdness. So anyone that don't like it can kiss my pixelflague rear.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:30 pm
Redtail Rathan
I am proud to be a fan of Star Trek. At the barracks, people know that I'm a trekkie. Especially when I almost got the Starfleet Command insignia tattooed on my body.

I am proud of my nredness. My fiancee' loves my nerdness. So anyone that don't like it can kiss my pixelflague rear.

nerds are awesome... heart  

Victorie Rose

Swivils

8,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:09 am
I was soley an Enterprise fan at first, then I moved to Doctor Who, then to the other ST series, except for the original.
I wish Enterprise had lasted longer and that Trip hadn't died.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:42 am
I can't focus on the first ST's. I like Voyager. heart  

-RainbowFlavoredBubbbles-

2,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Swivils

8,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:34 pm
The Crazy One ALWAYS
I can't focus on the first ST's. I like Voyager. heart

I know, it's just the epitome of awsomeness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:56 pm
I love all ST except for ENT.
My girlfriend hates star trek, but I have told her that she'll just have to put up with my trekkie ways!
If we do decide to adopt or have kids, I would love for him/her to be a trekkie.

:'D

-[.Moo.]-

Admiral Dax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:51 pm
my kids will grow up watching and adoring star trek and maybe even have the little above crib thing Belanas baby had (you know the one with voyager in the middle and klingon ships on the outside) it will be thier lives.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:45 pm
voyager454
my kids will grow up watching and adoring star trek and maybe even have the little above crib thing Belanas baby had (you know the one with voyager in the middle and klingon ships on the outside) it will be thier lives.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

mine too... i wonder were i can get one.. my best friend and her husband are trying to have another baby,

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Victorie Rose

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:33 pm
I agree, teens these days (excluding mysef, a few friends, and the other ST lovers out there) are being raised with a preconceived notion that Star Trek is a show for mega-nerdy/geeky people. They are also taught to look down on those who watch it. This is obviously wrong!

I have already successfully converted one friend into a trekkie, and more will follow!

and lastly I pledge that if i ever have children (I really don't want to though....... maybe adopt? if my mind completely turns around) he/she will be raised in a home with ST all over razz Just like I was a born trekkie, my possible future kids will be too.

WE THE TREKKIES WILL PREVAIL!

LONG LIVE ST!!!  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces