Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Speaking of Axis (Old Threads)
Scifi/Fantasy-TinMan-Roleplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:12 am
Alright, even if you haven't seen the sci fi mini series: TinMan, you can still roleplay this. But I would advise you watch it, it has about all refrences to children's fables in it. But if you read it, this is a huge spoiler.

Quote:
TinMan: This is the tale about a young girl who lives on a farm. (Sounds farmiliar?) She has been having some vivid dreams about a woman calling her from a large distance away, and confusing images such as spinning dolls flying through the sky. But all this girl, Dorthy, knows is that she is restless on this kansas farm and needs to get away.

On the other side, in a land called Oz, there is an evil witch who has captured her mother in a small atmosphere (really, I don't know how to explain it.) which she can visit frequently. (I couldn't see why someone didn't just shut the lid while the witch was visiting her mother, and take control but. . .) And she does visit this mother frequently, filling the audience in with current events.
She found out about a girl, from across the portal who knows were an Emerald is. This emerald will help power an evil contraption to bring darkness to the Oz forever! Mwahaha. . .ha ha? Ok, back to the story line.
The evil witch sends her evil goons to go capture the good Dorthy and bring her back to the Oz. But as they are doing that, a tornado strikes!

And before you know it, Dorthy is in the Oz.

So Dorthy is lost, alone, and wandering the woods screaming out for her parents. So what happens next? Well, midgets take her captive and while in their cage for being a suspected villian, she meets a man who's brain has been removed. He has a zipper on his head, just incase they ever put it back I suppose.

They escape, with the bad guys right on their heels.

and travel to the Oz, where Dorthy will be searching for a magic man, who has some vital piece of information she needs.

Along the way, they meet a man who was stuck in a virtual reality pod, and has had to watch his family get killed over, and over, and over, and over again.
Poor guy.
He was supected to have betrayed the empire. (When you hear the word empire, you immediatly know they are on the bad side. Why is that? In this case, yes the empire are the bad guys, the evil witch controls the empire)

So he has a vengance for those who killed his family.

And they travel to the Oz in hopes of finding a magic man who will help them all.

Unforunatily, the Magic man has gone a little tipsy with drugs and strange concoctions so. . . he provides no help.

Hmm. Somewhere along there, the man who was stuck in the virtually reality pod was talking to the man without the brain. It turns out he was a Tinman, or a police officer for Oz.
It was also discovered that dorthy was the chosen one.
And that her mother was the queen of the Oz, and her sister now was the evil witch. (bummer!) Even better is that it was Dorthy's fault that her beloved sister was possesed by the evil witch.
The man without a brain was a genius. His brain was currently helping invent a way to reverse an ingenious idea which aided crops.
To bring darkness to the Oz forever! Mwahaha! Oh, sorry.

Ok, so far they've discovered things about themselves.

Dang I'm not good at explaining this.

So basically, they end up meeting Toto, a magician who is working for the Evil Witch who pretends to be on their side.
Dorthy asks a fortune teller about her father, and luckily the fortune teller already knows Dorthy's father, and the bounty on Dorthy's head if she brings dorthy to her father. (bounty: not right word)
But if she brings Dorthy to the TinMen who work for the evil witch she gets a reward. Or so the poster says.
The fortune teller decided to bake the cake and eat it too!
Unfortunatily, she looses both ends of the deal. The TinMen are evil, they don't give out rewards. And the dad was pissed at the fortune teller, so he packs up Dorthy and himself and leaves her friends for bait.
There, Dorthy meets her father (and captur!), who takes her to a hidden castle inside a floating air balloon to find the emerald. Dorthy meets Dorthy the first, and gets the emerald.
Yay, right? Nope.
Outside, with the father captive, is the Evil Witch.
Pity.
She takes the Emerald, Dorthy, and the Father back to the castle, and releases her mother so she and her husband can watch Oz die.
Of course that isn't going to happen.
Toto helps Dorthy and her friends (I think. . .) and Dorthy saves the day when the OZ is on the brink of despair.
And her sister, the evil witch went bye bye!

Science Fiction, Fantasy, Wizard of Oz, what more can you ask for?

I know, I did a terrible attempt at explaining this, if you would like to, you may post below corrections, and I'll add (and give propper credit) to aide the summary.

:::Here is the Basic Charachter Format:::

Name:
Species: (Yes, you may be a made-up charachter from the Oz)
Hair Color:
eye Color:
Physical Apperance:
Physical Trademarks: (Such as a birthmark or a missing left eye.)
(Picture if wanted)
Personality:
Biography:

To make it easire if you like this format:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b] (Yes, you may be a made-up charachter from the Oz)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]eye Color:[/b]
[b]Physical Apperance:[/b]
[b]Physical Trademarks:[/b] (Such as a birthmark or a missing left eye.)
[i](Picture if wanted)[/i]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Biography: [/b]

Base Plot:

You are either a visitor of the Oz (which yes, does mean you have to post an entry post to enter this world from our own) or an occupant of Oz. Currently, the Oz is rebuilding, moving the castle from the deserted wastelands back to it's former glory in the icelands. A good deal of people were killed under the Evil Witch's rule, and a lot of territory was lost. There are creatures that must be put to rest, and those who must be reckoned with.
You can be:
An occupant of the Oz who was brought up in these dark eras.

One of the new kingdom recruits (over time, you will be able to hold a good position.)

A magician's assistant (you have the magical abilities, but still need to work on it. Unfortuntily, in this role, you are poor. So you have to work, to learn, as an assistant under an untrustworthy magician. (They often do strange concotions/drugs.)

A trainiee (You are training to become a witch/wizard)

A robot (highly technical lifeforms that resemble humans)

You must ask permission to become:
A Tinman
(You don't have any magical powers, but you do have superiour skills that can overrule most skills.

You cannot:
Be over powerfull. A good thing about being a Magician's Assistant is that you have more power than the average Trainee, who is typically a rich occupant of the Oz. But without proper training, that power can diminish. You can't train yourself, so before going out on any long term adventures, one has to make sure they have a trained professional with them.
Magic is hard. It took two girls to get a doll to spin in air, and two lives to get an emerald running.
Summoning things will drain you, depending on how far.
A lot of magic will drain you.
You can't become a Tinman without my express permission. Below, it will tell you how to become one.

Want to be a tinman?
Message me with a roleplay sample, and that you want to be a tinman. Along with this sample I will need to see your charachter bio.

There are other ways to become a tinman.
You can give up your magic, after becoming a Magic Master. You can still train young ones magic, but can't do anything yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:25 pm
OMG I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (You forgot poor glitch (I love my zipperman) and raw (OOOO fuzzy fuzzy) *huggles them*)

I will try and figure out what I want to do....may I be an inventor's assisstant or a maid/bulter?  

inthefamily

pepperisawesome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:41 am
xD Yes, you may do either of those trades, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:20 pm
lol, you got some stuff wrong, but not bad Ginny.  

xXxHellequinxXx

inthefamily

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:38 pm
Come on people's I want a rp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'll pick when they come)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:48 pm
Name: Hexen
Species: Robot
Hair Color: Brown
eye Color: left is brown, right is blue
Physical Apperance: Tall, around 6 feet. Not fat, but not skinny either.
Physical Trademarks: N/A
Personality: Quiet and ever present.
Biography:

WORK IN PROGRESS, DO NOT DISTURB!!!
I'll work on it when I can!  

xXxHellequinxXx

Hakumei Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:59 pm
You know... her name isn't Dorothy, it's DG. And it wasn't Oz, it was the Outer Zone... just pointing that out (^ ^)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:50 pm
Thank you, I didn't remember too much about it. I decided to put it together from a request, are you sure it wasn't Dorthy though? I thought DG was a nickname, after her dad said "The First Dorthy" and something else. I think . ..  

pepperisawesome

Speaking of Axis (Old Threads)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff