Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Cleanup time!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:56 pm
So hey, over the next week, I'm going to be going through the PM/Link List, and possibly the Recommended reading list, putting everything into categories.

Think there is something to be added? Subtracted? Let me know here! I may actually roll out the general guidelines of the guild finally. We generally live by them already, after all.

Thank goodness for time off of work, yah?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:10 pm
I recently came across a really good book on the symbolism of Ancient Egyptian cosmology. It's called Temple of the Cosmos by Jeremy Naydler. I think it would be a great addition to the recommended reading list.

Also, Christian Jacq writes some really good Ancient Egyptian fiction. I've read four by him already, and I think his most famous books are part of his Ramses series.

As for links, some of my favorite Ancient Egyptian websites include http://hwt-hrw.com/
http://www.philae.nu/akhet/sitemap.html http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoichi/themestream/egypt_column.html and http://www.per-bast.org/

Can you tell I like Ancient Egypt? whee  

Bastemhet

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:34 am
I just did my first runthrough of the PM list. If you want to know the critera for being removed, its very simple. You must be a member, and you must have logged in sometime after September-ish.

As a result, there are a few catagories that have been decimated. If you would like to volunteer for any of the following catagories, or any catagory, let me know, and I'll look into it

General Wicca
Astral Plane/Out of Body Experiences (OBE
Energy Work/Manipulation
Herbalism
Psychology of belief
Meditation
Tarot
Egyptian Mythology  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:49 am
Maybe some more stuff on people's book of shadows? Like organization tips and stuff?  

Lydia Blue

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:00 am
Whutevah
Maybe some more stuff on people's book of shadows? Like organization tips and stuff?

If you've got a link, I'll be happy to take it. That also sounds like a fantastic topic for discussion. You should write something on that!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:28 pm
Anything you'd like me to pitch in for Nuri?  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:39 pm
TeaDidikai
Anything you'd like me to pitch in for Nuri?

What ever you would like. If you'd like to make up a catagory, thats fine too.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:50 pm
Feel free to toss me under Meditation- and put Alternitive beside it. wink  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:46 am
I'd be quite happy tp be put on a greek mythology list. It's all I spend my time researching and talking about now anyway xD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:31 am
I wouldn't mind being put on the Egyptian mythology list since I've been studying it a lot lately.  

Bastemhet

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:35 am
I've been trying to lookup
Slavic, Baltic, and Vedic Heathenism/Paganism/Reconstruction . . . anything really. If anyone has helpful resources (links or books) I think it would be nice.

Anything on Indo-European Culture . . . I need as much help as I can get as I attempt to write my ADF Papers sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:40 am
Sophist
I wouldn't mind being put on the Egyptian mythology list since I've been studying it a lot lately.

You got it!

Naomi: Peak around the link and recommended reading list for some good ideas.  

maenad nuri
Captain

deito

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:08 am
I studied meditation techniques for a while, I wouldn't mind being put down for that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:40 am
Oh! Okana's Web is back up!
~does a happy dance~  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out