how many songs really hav any meanin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:37 pm
crying Oh wow healing rain that song had tears welling up in my eyes. I've never actually heard it before but I'm going to have to look it up so that I can see if it has the same effect on me while it's being played. It's really deep and I can tell it has meaning. Again it had tears welling up in my eyes(and for those who know me they can tell you I don't cry so that's got to mean something about the song am I right? sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:26 pm
One-Mr Amazing XS
VNV Nation-Illusion
Sum 41-We're All to Blame
Sum 41-Pieces
Mario Vasquez-Gallery
Kekai Boyz-One Night Stand

That's only a few of them that I know of.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Nocturnal Walker

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:02 am
Usually every song has a meaning, it's just that some are blatantly, explicitly revealed (I kissed a girl and I liked it) and others are more symbolic and hidden (Are we human? Or are we dancer?). The second one, the Killers song Human, is a great example of a great song with a meaning- you just have to know that Brandon Flowers based it off of the quote "We are raising a generation of dancers." Songs that use things like that in their lyrics are very cool.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:25 am
User Image
Praise to Him With Strings...

Most songs have a meaning. I don't think every part of the song has to have meaning but usually at at least one part there is something there. Some artist always have something to say like Ozzy and Randy all their songs have some sort of message and meaning; "Under The Bridge" by the Chili Peppers and "It's So Easy" by GNR are nothing but meaningful and tell true stories.

...oh, by the way I'm Awesome!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

C0FFIN

Angel_Of_Witness_Patrol88

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:58 pm
I totally agree, i was supposed to search for songs that have a meaning for my music class but i found very little! I guess that if ur famous u get to sing about and make whatever u want.... =[  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:47 pm
Well, every song in a way does have some meaning or another, even if the meaning is to have no meaning (example: the Beatles' "I Am the Walrus"). However, many songs' meanings tend to be redundant.  

Lord Beckon

Dake_Akumu

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:14 pm
I think that song is mostly a musik so the lirycs are some kind of bonus to good melody. We want to listen tekst with the meaning but sometimes it is hard to filnd lirycs to good melody. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:13 am
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.. There There by Radiohead.. All of my favorite bands have well put together meanings. That's pretty much how I choose my favorite bands.  

Moneysucks

The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces