Don't really care/know
View Results

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:11 pm
I was watching Sci-Fi the other night and they had one of their weekly Ent mini-marathons on, which got me to thinking....

Why in the world did the writers of the show pair T'Pol off with Trip? scream

Ugh...I can't stand it! If you watch certain episodes (Twilight, The Forge, Awakening, Kir'Shara....), it's kinda painfully obvious that she cares for Jon, and vice versa.

Yes, there are the episodes with Trip/T'Pol interaction (Terra Prime, for one), but all of that interaction seems...I dunno...more forced, more fake - like you can tell they are acting - than it does with Jon/T'Pol.

Am I delusional, or do others see this, too? 'Cause it really seems like the majority of fans are Trip/T'Pol shippers. Especially in the fanfiction, but that's another story....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:38 pm
Meh, I don't care either way.
that might have something to do with the fact that I just started watching Enterprise when Trip and T'Pol hooked up.
Upon watching some of the earlier episodes, it does sort of become apparent that something's going on between Archer and T'Pol, but I guess it didn't really surface into anything.
Hell, that's love...  

Travis III

Josh Paris

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:54 am
before the episodes with Trip and Tpol, which were very much forced by Phlox on both of them. Tpol and Archer though, had a friendship that grew from mutual discomfort towards eachother, to a friendship akin to that of Kirk and Spock, but in some episodes, such as the one where Tpol took care of Jon his whole life, their friendship was then, in my opinion growing much more than that. However, there is a reason, and might I add, a very good reason, why they changed the way it was going, to Trip from Jon. You can't have the Captain and First Officer dating each other. It is not right. The only way Riker and Troi got away with what they did, is that Deana isn't first or second officer, and she is good at her job, him at hers and they were already married when he took over the Titan.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:54 pm
Josh Paris
before the episodes with Trip and Tpol, which were very much forced by Phlox on both of them. Tpol and Archer though, had a friendship that grew from mutual discomfort towards eachother, to a friendship akin to that of Kirk and Spock, but in some episodes, such as the one where Tpol took care of Jon his whole life, their friendship was then, in my opinion growing much more than that. However, there is a reason, and might I add, a very good reason, why they changed the way it was going, to Trip from Jon. You can't have the Captain and First Officer dating each other. It is not right. The only way Riker and Troi got away with what they did, is that Deana isn't first or second officer, and she is good at her job, him at hers and they were already married when he took over the Titan.

There were some hints of Kathryn and Chakotay getting together, though.... Before the writers went screwy again and freakin' put him with Seven! Of all the people on Voyager.... Or even in the Delta Quadrant, for cryin' out loud! If that wasn't forced, I don't know what was....

I guess that's part of the reason I was so upset with the Ent writers. Don't get me wrong - Voy is one of my fav series - but their authors went so freakin' far off the deep end with the Chakotay/Seven pairing in the 7th season that it's not funny. So when we had something similar happening with Ent - just with Jon-T'Pol-Trip - I was really not happy.

But oh well...that's what fanfiction's for, I guess. Though, technically, Seven broke it off with Chakotay when they got back to Earth, so he's free game...hehehe..... twisted  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Saoraan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:38 pm
I can't speak to the Enterprise pairings having never seen the show (though I do want to I just cannot convince my father to buy any of the seasons on dvd and I don't get TV at my house ...) I will say that there was never anything between Chakotay and Janeway other than a deep friendship and great mutual trust it never got romantic despite what many fans wish and fantasize about and I personally am pleased with that as to the Chakotay/Seven pairing I too was displeased with that because I was hoping that Seven would eventually end up with Harry they seemed a better match ... that's just my opinion on the matter.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:50 am
id realy rather see Tpol and Hoshi hook up. 3nodding

(hey if we want to see the first gay startrek characters why not have it be hot lezbos?) xd  

meatsack

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:28 am
Saoraan
I can't speak to the Enterprise pairings having never seen the show (though I do want to I just cannot convince my father to buy any of the seasons on dvd and I don't get TV at my house ...) I will say that there was never anything between Chakotay and Janeway other than a deep friendship and great mutual trust it never got romantic despite what many fans wish and fantasize about and I personally am pleased with that as to the Chakotay/Seven pairing I too was displeased with that because I was hoping that Seven would eventually end up with Harry they seemed a better match ... that's just my opinion on the matter.

Umm...did you not see "Resolutions" or "Coda"? Or even "Year of Hell" or "The Killing Game"? "Equinox"? There's something there, I'm telling you.

Harry and Seven...that wouldn't be too terribly bad, I guess. Harry was just always striving for women out of his reach...maybe he unconsciously did that because he knew he wouldn't get them - and that Libby was waiting for him back on Earth. Which she was.

I'm a sucker for the Doc/7 pairing, though.... I know it's practically impossible physically, but still...it's totally sweet.... heart The guy practically worships her and she barely notices him. (Okay, bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.)

But I guess a lot of my feelings on the pairings come from the books...there are a ton of good ones for Voy - Ghost of a Chance, Murdered Sun, Invasion!: Final Fury, Marooned, Pathways, Distant Shores, Captain's Table: Fire Ship, Homecoming, Farther Shore, novelizations like Equinox and Endgame, and more I'm probably forgetting....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:43 am
People say I look like T'pol...  

Shai_Hulud

Swivils

8,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:27 am
Hey, I liked that pairing!
I just realized the actors didn't have much chemistry, though, only in the most touching moments they did, I guess that's why they kept on writing it in. I cried when their test-tube baby died.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:22 pm
It's too bad that the series ended early. I bet there was some tie in to the rest of the trek universe at the end like as a result of the relationship. They seemed to force so much background of the future trek in Ent. that I'm sure the writers had something in mind. It would have been cool to see T'Pol in a movie or something like that.  

sensei_ken

NiennaSayyadina

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:48 pm
I was also upset that T'Pol wasn't paired with Archer, as the first few seasons clearly imply. I think it was just a way to up the lowered ratings, but when you pander to the masses, your show dies. (Which is why it only lasted 4 years out of the 7). I think if the writers had stuck to their convictions, they could have ridden out the ratings slump and made more out of Enterprise.

(Then again, BSG writers rode out their initial criticism and got their show cancelled, hhmm. Maybe not such a good hypothesis.) ninja  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games