Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Calling or being called? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Nuri
TeaDidikai
Nuri
I'll leave the troubling language of "my god or goddess" aside for a different discussion.
No fair teasing! Are you going to start a new thread?

On Hera, would you consider that her calling you to a relationship within a marriage and your understanding of what marriage is to mean, or would you consider your relationship with her purely a function of you calling her?

I'm sorry, can you reword that?
I'm hoping that at some point you'll actually address the "my god or goddess" concept.

I will. It's a language issue, and I'm trying to think how best to word it.
[quote
I was also wondering where the cause and effect fell within the relationship you had with Hera and your Marriage.

I got married; I decided to work on a relationship with Hera  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:05 pm
Nuri
I got married; I decided to work on a relationship with Hera
So the marriage prompted you to develop a relationship. Okay. Thanks!  

TeaDidikai

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:41 pm
I feel like I am being drawn back to my roots and beginnings as a Hellenic witch. I was flipping through the channels today when a documentary on the Oracle at Delphi was on. Unfortunately I didn't catch it from the beginning, but what I saw spoke to my heart. While I don't know who specifically is calling to me, or if any one is even calling to me, I feel I should go back to my roots and start from scratch. I'm not going to force them into the MMC and other forms I did before.

On a side note, does any one know anything about ASKLEPIOS and Apollo?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:12 am
loona wynd

On a side note, does any one know anything about ASKLEPIOS and Apollo?

I have a toy woodpecker called askelpios ^_^

www.theoi.com is alway your friend smile  

patch99329

Roukan Ookami

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:46 pm
ll i feel really stupid for asng this but how wouldi know if ive been called? (or if im beeing called?) ive had alot of weird things happene to me and i do have the problem with the crows, and these 3 dreams and with being poked . . . ive also seen things that no-one but me has seen and heard voices but none of which were bad. i also want to know who(if anyone is) callin to me. could anyone help me out? sorry if this isnt the right place to post this  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:25 am
Actually I am still unsure about that even after lengthy periods of thought and interaction with the divine.

All I do know is that I abandoned Christianity after I personally watched a few...atrocities committed in the name of "Christ" (Quoted because though he may be the savior of many he isn't anything more than an influential man to me.) that I don't care to elaborate on...unless I'm well and plastered. (Yeah I know care for your body so that you harm none I know I know...I'm not perfect.)

And I spent a few years searching about for something to fill the spiritual void in my life. Actually for a long time I was a fluff wiccan/pagan without even knowing it. But at one point I found a post on gaia about some girl trying, and failing miserably, to defend wicca. She failed mostly becuase all she did was claim it's right to exist as a religion and post a link to www.wicca.com. But I followed that link out of curiosity.

Everything took off from there.  

~zzang~

Madruk Nergal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:50 pm
I was literally called. Somebody with the wrong phone number left a message on my phone about a meeting their coven was having.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:39 am
Heilsan,

I'm going to be rather blunt here (like those whom know me would expect otherwise), but I am firmly of the opinion that no-one is ever called. Personally I feel that the vast majority of people that say that they were called, were in fact searching, even if unconsciously, and were actively seeking, one way or another, something different and something else in their lives, many times, not knowing what they were looking for. But these people, invariably, receive a return message, either a direct "Hey there, we're here, so... now what?" or maybe something a little more subtle.

I know in my case, I started looking, and made the first move. Then it was like, ah, there you are, welcome home (about bloody time you got here). That sort of thing.

Ver thu heil  

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:04 am
Ulfrikr inn Hrafn
Heilsan,

I'm going to be rather blunt here (like those whom know me would expect otherwise), but I am firmly of the opinion that no-one is ever called. Personally I feel that the vast majority of people that say that they were called, were in fact searching, even if unconsciously, and were actively seeking, one way or another, something different and something else in their lives, many times, not knowing what they were looking for. But these people, invariably, receive a return message, either a direct "Hey there, we're here, so... now what?" or maybe something a little more subtle.

I know in my case, I started looking, and made the first move. Then it was like, ah, there you are, welcome home (about bloody time you got here). That sort of thing.

Ver thu heil

This was my experience too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:33 pm
I personally agree with the seeking. However in the case of Wicca I think you are generally called to them. Though I could be wrong. Other times I think you seek a deity and some one may answer (it just might not be who you were expecting). So I think the deities pick and choose who they want to work with, but you have to make the first move.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers