Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Visual Art's Key/Tactics Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: AirTV, Kanon, Clannad, AngelBeats 

Reply Anime: Kanon
If you fully understood Kanon 2006..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SPOILERS
  SPOILERS
  SPOILERS
  SPOILERS
  SPOILERS
  SPOILERS
View Results

Frost Leaf Withers

Clean Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:36 pm
(Sorry to post this here. Hopefully it can be moved once we have a Kanon sub-forum or something. my thread looks weird here since it's the only one thats not a sticky or announcement xD;; I also didn't place it in the "Kanon TV" discussion because it would destroy that sticky since you wouldn't be able to go inside without seeing spoilers. Stupid that they charge you to make sub-forums. I should save up some gold.)

Hi! This thread is for people who have fully watched and fully understood Kanon 2006. (To help me understand) This thread will be FILLED WITH SPOILERS! So thats why I'm saying if you haven't seen all of Kanon 2006 please do yourself a favor and watch it before reading this thread lol. Kanon is a must-watch. crying

Well years ago I began to watch Kanon 2002 and was only at episode 4 when I read about Kanon 2006 coming out. I decided to wait until it was fully out before watching it again and for some reason I didn't start watching it until now. I watched Kanon in 2 12-episode sittings because I seriously don't know how anyone who watches 1 episode a week could understand whats going on! How do you do it!?!!?

This is also why I'm waiting for Clannad to finish before I start watching it.

Anyways! Please discuss in great detail the events in Kanon. Maybe I even need a list of all the promises Yuuichi had made.

The writing for Kanon 2006 was amazing. When something would confuse me, or didn't make sense, they always explained it later. For example, I sat here thinking "Why the hell does Mai fight demons at school instead of somewhere else? I seriously didn't think they would explain it. I was shocked when the reviled the whole thing about the school once being a field where yuuichi and Mai played. And that is where she made up the thing about demons where yuuichi was supposed to come back next year and fight them with her. The story writing got event better when I realized that many episodes before, like one of the first ones, Nayuki mentioned "This school used to be a field" or something like that. Sense that bit of info actually meant something later on.

I'm so glad I didn't play the game before watching because I must say that some things were VERY unexpected. When I thought I was understanding what was going on, something friggen intense would happen, and then afterwards the event would make sense.

My mind is filled with questions and thoughts and I just don't know what to say. II'm going to jaught down some stuff.

Twice Nayuki says "I love this town so I really hope you do" WTF! Get out of my heaaad. Everything the characters say usually have some meaning. So what the heck does this mean or refer to?

the whole past, present, dreaming, unreal, reality thing confuses me. When Makoto disappeared, the hill was snowy where as before it wasn't...almost as if it were Spring season on that hill...

Episodes 19+ completely killed me. I got so lost and confused. Nayukis mother saying "The girl who fell off the tree didn't die" and " a tree got cut down." huh? So she knew Ayu was hospitalized yet the girl was also in her house. how was Ayu in 2..or 3 places at once. Grrr, and here I thought Kanon would end in a way where I wouldn't have to wonder what happened. I STILL wonder about Air and it's been 2+ years. =(

And I'm interested in something. Makoto used to annoy the heck out of me, and I hated her until she started getting close to Yuuichi. Then she became my favorite. But what made Makoto randomly start to like and fall in love with Yuuichi? I'm guessing Kitsune Makoto looks like the real Makoto because maybe child Yuuichi used to describe how she looked to the fox? Hmm then in one of the last episodes, Yuuichi passes out in the snow, a car pulls up, and the fox-Makoto is seen hugging him and looking up at the car. THe episode then ends with the real makoto getting out of the car.

Damnit I really wish to understand Kanon sense I'm guessing that it's not supposed to be an open ending like AIr. I don't like making up my own conclusions and I have a feeling that I'm really missing a lot of whats going on in the episodes 19+, or Ayu's Arc, and the ending of Nayuki's arc.

I also thought a Da Capo thing would happened between Ayu and Nayuki. Also, Nayuki in a middle episode was telling Yuuichi of "the guy she once loved". (I think it was Yuuichi she was talking about) and she said that "that guy" used to always have his mind on another girl (Ayu). So why is she so nice to Ayu and why are they friends? Yuuichi also used HER money to show feelings to Ayu with winning the doll. I thought nayukis arc would be some confession of love and jealousy to Yuuichi, and not her mom getting slammed by TWO cars. That completely was not expected by me! xD I said Holy s**t about 7 times while crying.

I still have more to say but first I hope some people stay and chat. I can only find year old threads discussing Kanon 2006 and those are on other forums. =( I am reading them though but rather talk to people about it this way~

EDIT:

in one of the last episodes, think it was episode 23, Nayuki says to Yuuichi" Please don't trouble Ayu" and he goes "isn't she the one troubling me?" and
Nayki says "well she is..." and Yuuichi says "is what?" and Nayuki refuses to tell him. What was that all about? I thought I'd understand later on but I didn't catch anything.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about the scene when Ayu and Yuuichi are kind of like boyfriend and girlfriend now and she takes him to see her school ( crying ) She seamed to really believe it was there. And claimed to have gone to the school many times from when yuuichi first met her after the seven years, to this point. Now all of a sudden she doesn't see it as her school. Is this because in the beginning of episode 21, Little yuuichi and Ayu promise that next time they meet will be at the school. And since this is the first time they've been "at the school" together, the promise was finally done with. Hmm, that doesn't make too much sense though, crap.

I'm trying to understand the meaning behind everything.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:03 pm
Asian By Default
Well years ago I began to watch Kanon 2002 and was only at episode 4 when I read about Kanon 2006 coming out. I decided to wait until it was fully out before watching it again and for some reason I didn't start watching it until now. I watched Kanon in 2 12-episode sittings because I seriously don't know how anyone who watches 1 episode a week could understand whats going on! How do you do it!?!!?

Well, when an episode comes out, it is talked about for a week on forums. Within that time, it is talked about so much, that those people tend to have everything in their minds until next week. Well, that is what I do, haha. I am constantly on forums talking about the week's episode.

Quote:
Twice Nayuki says "I love this town so I really hope you do" WTF! Get out of my heaaad. Everything the characters say usually have some meaning. So what the heck does this mean or refer to?

I forget where she said it, but it is known she loves Yuuichi. In 2002, Yuuichi was supposed to leave again, so my thoughts are that Nayuki was saying that to hint to him to stay in the town with her. Poor girl.

Quote:
the whole past, present, dreaming, unreal, reality thing confuses me. When Makoto disappeared, the hill was snowy where as before it wasn't...almost as if it were Spring season on that hill...

I believe that was an illusion, like how when she faded, the whole place looked desolate...no grass, no anything, it was like there was no life at all. I believe that was for the dramatic effect. The hill itself was not snowy though. I suppose you could call it location. Some places, it snows, some it doesn't. I just think the hill was far away enough to avoid the snow. When they had the marriage scene, you could see how far away the town was.

Quote:
Episodes 19+ completely killed me. I got so lost and confused. Nayukis mother saying "The girl who fell off the tree didn't die" and " a tree got cut down." huh? So she knew Ayu was hospitalized yet the girl was also in her house. how was Ayu in 2..or 3 places at once. Grrr, and here I thought Kanon would end in a way where I wouldn't have to wonder what happened. I STILL wonder about Air and it's been 2+ years. =(

Well, let's just say, Ayu, the one not in the hospital was a "Lost soul" in a way. It was like...Ayu's dream. Whatever that Ayu was doing, was what she was dreaming about, and the dream became a real life image of herself running around. (Ah, the magic of Key). The Ayu on the street was not the real one, but a dream, that is why she disappeared on episode 23.

Quote:
And I'm interested in something. Makoto used to annoy the heck out of me, and I hated her until she started getting close to Yuuichi. Then she became my favorite. But what made Makoto randomly start to like and fall in love with Yuuichi? I'm guessing Kitsune Makoto looks like the real Makoto because maybe child Yuuichi used to describe how she looked to the fox? Hmm then in one of the last episodes, Yuuichi passes out in the snow, a car pulls up, and the fox-Makoto is seen hugging him and looking up at the car. THe episode then ends with the real makoto getting out of the car.

The way I see it, as she was going back to her fox roots, she was getting back her fox-likeliness, and becoming helpless and dependent on him. Before Makoto became human, she was seen on episode 1 by Nayuki and Yuuichi. At that point, when you next see her, she is in human form (Because as a fox, she saw Yuuichi, and wanted to see him again). As a fox, she must have loved Yuuichi, because they used to hang out all the time (And it is sad...Makoto was abandoned....poor thing). Yuuichi always loved the REAL Makoto, and talked to The Fox Makoto about her all the time, so for her to get Yuuichi to love her, she became the Makoto Yuuichi loved, but lost her memories, and was never able to tell him anything until she was part way back to her fox roots....that is why she said she wanted to marry him. She probably always did as a fox, and now that she remembers her fox memories, she wanted to say that right then and there. (Alot, but i hope you understand that.)

Quote:
Damnit I really wish to understand Kanon sense I'm guessing that it's not supposed to be an open ending like AIr. I don't like making up my own conclusions and I have a feeling that I'm really missing a lot of whats going on in the episodes 19+, or Ayu's Arc, and the ending of Nayuki's arc.

Actually, none of Key's anime is truly open ended. Some might be either to understand than others, but all are pretty much ********, haha. I recommend watching the end of Kanon 2002. 2006's was really rushed, while 2002's end was at an even flow.

Quote:
I also thought a Da Capo thing would happened between Ayu and Nayuki. Also, Nayuki in a middle episode was telling Yuuichi of "the guy she once loved". (I think it was Yuuichi she was talking about) and she said that "that guy" used to always have his mind on another girl (Ayu). So why is she so nice to Ayu and why are they friends? Yuuichi also used HER money to show feelings to Ayu with winning the doll. I thought nayukis arc would be some confession of love and jealousy to Yuuichi, and not her mom getting slammed by TWO cars. That completely was not expected by me! xD I said Holy s**t about 7 times while crying.

Yes, you have that exactly right. Even though they are cousins, Nayuko loves Yuuichi....hell, to be honest, the hug on episode 23 was MENT to be a kiss. Like I said above, watch the ending to 2002. I prefer it's ending to 2006's ending. It shows you that Nayuki was really in love with him, and that Nayuki actually had spite of Ayu too.

Quote:
I still have more to say but first I hope some people stay and chat. I can only find year old threads discussing Kanon 2006 and those are on other forums. =( I am reading them though but rather talk to people about it this way~

EDIT:

in one of the last episodes, think it was episode 23, Nayuki says to Yuuichi" Please don't trouble Ayu" and he goes "isn't she the one troubling me?" and
Nayki says "well she is..." and Yuuichi says "is what?" and Nayuki refuses to tell him. What was that all about? I thought I'd understand later on but I didn't catch anything.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about the scene when Ayu and Yuuichi are kind of like boyfriend and girlfriend now and she takes him to see her school ( crying ) She seamed to really believe it was there. And claimed to have gone to the school many times from when yuuichi first met her after the seven years, to this point. Now all of a sudden she doesn't see it as her school. Is this because in the beginning of episode 21, Little yuuichi and Ayu promise that next time they meet will be at the school. And since this is the first time they've been "at the school" together, the promise was finally done with. Hmm, that doesn't make too much sense though, crap.

I'm trying to understand the meaning behind everything.

At that point, Nayuki accepted that Ayu was destined to be Yuuichi's girlfriend, and she didn't want to finish the sentence. (She was already in pain.) I think it was supposed to be an obvious thing, back from when they were talking in the cafe.

I suppose you could say that. The school was like a pretend thing with them when they were younger, and like i said, the Ayu running around was like a hollow dream, so she still was pretty much like the young Ayu....still wanting to be a kid and all that. When Ayu woke up, she was back to reality.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer for you. Don't hesitate to ask another thing, or if I worded something too difficult.  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

RaiMidori

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:03 am
Teehee. Minak0 stole the words from my mouth sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:27 am
Minak0 is our resident Key analyst razz

I still say, though I feel bad for Nayuki, I don't approve of family love interests... sweatdrop I DO Feel bad for her though, the poor girl.

Key can be very confusing, but you just need to try and think outside the box of "Normal".. This is KEY MAN!

Minak0, since he thought Air was open ended, perhaps you could clarify the ending for him?  

CageNightwind
Crew

Desirable Genius

10,150 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
Anime: Kanon

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers