Reply Artwork {Adding beauty to the world}
[Pr] In The Beginning: A One-Shot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JJ-Freak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:34 pm
God created the earth and all the animals. Then he made Adam and this was how Adam was brought into this world (as I see it):

(I realize what I have written is not the exact way Adam was brought into this world, but I just wanted to write a way it could have happened because I was inspired to. I also realize it is not perfect. I have done some editing, but to be honest it is not completely right. I hope you enjoy it though.)

God created a man pure and holy. The man looked at himself, his surroundings, then he looked up at God. "Holy Lord, where am I?"

"You are on earth, your home." Then God led Adam to a tree. It stood tall and next to it glittered a clear pond.

"Father, what is this?" Adam asked as he pulled an object from the tree and bent to touch the glittering substance.

"What you hold is an apple and what you are touching is water. You must eat the apple and drink the water to survive. They are your lifelines."

As Adam twirled the apple in his hand, a light brown creature with off-white spots adorning its back approached and nudged Adam's hand with its nose. Adam opened his hand and watched in wonderment as the creature sniffed the food before traipsing off happily. "Lord, what was that?"

God smiled at Adam. "That, Adam, was an animal. More namely, a deer. Animals are your friends, Adam. You will name each animal as you come across them. They are your most loyal companions and greatest confidantes on earth."

Adam gazed at the garden and saw, secluded, a tree much taller and much grander than any other within sight. Adam questioned it and God replied, "Adam, that is not just any tree. That is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. You may eat the fuit of any tree but that one. I tell you, that fruit will kill you. That tree, my son, is your temptation."

Adam nodded seriously and looked into the distance where he saw dark blots at the edge of the land. "Father, what are those?" he asked as he pointed to what he viewed.

"Those are mountains. They are your wonderment, Adam."

Darkness fell and Adam decided to lay his head down and as he looked up, he found himself staring at a dark blanket speckled with glittering jewels and one full, bright circle. For a moment, Adam could not speak. He gazed at the sky before whispering, "Lord, what are those adorning the sky?"

God paused a moment as he gazed upon the innocent awe lighting up the face of his first son. "Those, my child, are the stars, and the bright circle is the moon. They will lead your path in the dark, like I shall. Those are important, Adam. They are your connection to me. You will look at the stars and be filled with such bewilderment and awe. You shall find hope in good because of their glittering. They are your hope and comfort and beauty."

Weeks passed and Adam fell more and more in love with all he saw. He began to name the animals he encountered and learned the name of many parts of life. He was content, but the Lord saw through him and knew he was lonely. "It is not good for man to be alone," God muttered softly to Himself. "I will make a helper suitable to him."

A week later, Adam woke up and God led him to the lake he found himself at the first time he realized he was alive. Once there, Adam stopped and gazed at the most beautiful creature he had seen yet. "Adam, this shall be your helper."

Adam smiled in joy. The creature stood as he did and looked like he did but was different. The hair was longer and the body held differences as well. He gazed at her with eyes full of, not lust or the like, but love and awe and reverence. "May I name my helper, Father? I beg of you. I would like to name this, a 'woman'. She is lovely."

"She should be, Adam. To one another, you shall be beautiful. In union, you shall feel most complete and closest to me. She will be called 'woman' and her name will be Eve. She is your everything, Adam, as you are hers. She is your home, your lifeline, your friend, your confidante, your loyal companion, your temptation, your wonderment, your hope, your comfort, and your beauty. And to her, you are that as well. She is your wife, and you are her huband."

The Lord watched Adam approach her and guide her to his home, showing her his land, now hers as well, along the way. The Lord knew Adam was happy, as was Eve. He now had a son and a daughter to love and care for.

The Lord smiled, and all was well.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:26 am
Interesting and creative rendition of the Genesis story. It follows a common yet comfortable form. Although hard to escape from the general pattern of Genesis, you did nicely with your descriptions and version of the story.  

Lyneun

dragongirl42391

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:38 pm
AWWWWWw! So cute! i love it so much! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:59 am
It was very well done! I loved it! You certainly have a love and passion when writing about God. I love how you made Adam so full of wonder... just as he should have been! wink Love it! You should do some more! Also, it was nice that you included the disclaimer for those who get easily offended xd . Lovely job, and God bless.  

x unobstructed pencil x

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:19 pm
nice blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:59 am
Where's the scene where God rips Adam's rib from his chest?

Just kidding. xd Fun story.  

Lethkhar

CrystalMind

Familiar Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:49 pm
Very creative. I like how you stayed true to the Bible while still expanding. Very nicely done. You have a gift.  
Artwork {Adding beauty to the world}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games