Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Do you love your Gods?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:39 am
Funny question, but I was lurking at a forum and a user said that some of the gods that he honours he dosen't even like. He just honours them because tradition requires it.

This made me think, how do you feel about the deities/other beings you honour?

I'll answer this myself later. I need to vomit again . ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:49 am
Some yes. Some no. Some I am apathetic towards outside of required practice. ~shrugs~

Same with any relationship really. I also think some of them do ******** up things- but while I don't have to like some things they do- I can still love them.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:47 pm
I adore all of the ones I deal with regularly. I don't know what I think of others because ...I don't know them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 am
Heilsan Allir,

Within the worldview of the Germanic Folk, I think that honouring the gods and goddesses, is a different concept to loving them. Honour is a set of behaviours defined within the culture within which one lives, or, as tends to be the case in our modern society, within which one chooses to operate. Hence honouring gods and goddesses needn't require that one like them at all, at least not according to the Germanic Folkway. I think that in many ways, one can come to the understanding that whilst one can appreciate a god or a goddess, one needn't necessarily like them.

Ver thu heil  

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:14 pm
I'm not sure....My feelings twoard them are that of a child to her parents.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:24 pm
@neko- I love my mom *shrug*

I love the deities I work with regulary to bits. I look up to them and feel genuine affection.
As for the others in the pantheon, for most I respect them, but I'm indifferent.  

patch99329

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:47 am
@ patch99329- I love my mom too. ^-^ It just happens that what I feel for the deities I'm closest (sp?) to is the same type of love i feel for my mom.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:36 pm
I love the ones I worship, like a lot of the ones I do not worship.  

[BlkCat]

ElikAruna

Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:50 am
I feel like one has to love their gods to truly worship and honor them. Its part of why I left christianity--I had no connection with that god whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:37 pm
I deeply love the deities I work with on a daily basis, but then there are some beings that I'm apathetic towards--such as the Lwa. I can't say I worship them, but I show them the same respect I show every other God and Goddess.

Miotas Sisceal

Shameless Lunatic

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:44 pm
ElikAruna
I feel like one has to love their gods to truly worship and honor them.
I've never held that reverence or worship was for those I love alone.

There are some figures within my theology that mark the only difference between me and those it protects me from by hospitality. There isn't love in that relationship, but tradition and hospitality is honored as a sign of worship.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games