Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
SECRET SANTA 2007 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simon Wells

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:19 am
Secret Valentine, Secret Easter Bunny...

Should we do this again? Change the way it works?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:56 pm
That is a good idea.

Do you think that we should be allowed to tell our present persons who it was after the 25th? That's usually what happens, right?  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:10 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
That is a good idea.

Do you think that we should be allowed to tell our present persons who it was after the 25th? That's usually what happens, right?

I've been in about four of these and I far as I know they never told. For sure I never did and whoever gave to me never told me. I don't know what other people did privately.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:28 pm
I thought it was Awesome!

Thanks Guys ^_~  

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Catherine of Aragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:18 pm
I loved my gifts, thank you so much Secret Santa!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:36 pm
My Secret Santa got me AMAZING gifts! I loved them! Thank you so much Secret Santa!

We should definitely do this again! It was a lot of fun!

(I wish I knew who my Secret Santa was...I want to thank them properly! It's driving me nuts! whee )  

Lady Midori

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:33 pm
Lady Pole
Lhia_Dunwaith
That is a good idea.

I've been in about four of these and I far as I know they never told. For sure I never did and whoever gave to me never told me. I don't know what other people did privately.

Well, scratch that. Today, one of my other guilds did their Secret Friend and the way they did it you don't send the gift anonymously at all. It was only a secret until the day of exchanging.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:02 pm
Let's make a poll: tell or not to tell! I wanna know SO BAD so I can thank the person, like, a MILLION times over!  

Lhia Dunwaith

Simon Wells

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:42 am
Lhia_Dunwaith
Let's make a poll: tell or not to tell! I wanna know SO BAD so I can thank the person, like, a MILLION times over!

I should have done this! But I wrote it up as a "never tell" so some Santas may not want to declare themselves.
Next time we do this (Valentines Day?) I'll have that poll up in the top so we'll decide before it runs.
For this one, I guess everyone should just decide for themselves whether or not to tell.
I'm sorry about the confusion.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:25 am
Thank you very very much Secret Santa! My gift was absolutely perfect! 4laugh  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

a work of art

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:17 am
Lady Pole
Lhia_Dunwaith
That is a good idea.

I was in one in another guild and they sent clues with the gift and then revealed after christmas. I like revealing because it allows you to thank the giver personally. but reveal or not.... it is really fun to do. No matter what the holiday .... its always good to give... it feels good.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:18 am
Thank you to my secret santa..... I love all my gifts... you were so generous!! Merry christmas!!!  

a work of art

dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces