Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Pearl Harbor Day

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did your ancestors fight for Japan or America?
  Japan
  America
  Neither
View Results

BeiZhiMing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:37 am
Well Dec 7th is a day for sadness and respect.Dec 7th is Pearl Harbor Day.This topic is for people to express their feelings and stories.This day is sad for me cause my great grandfather died in kamikaze attack.I respect him greatly cause he gave his life for his country and emperor  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:22 pm
Japan had an emperor? O.o  

Chongathan

RyuKlN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Yeah.. I'll be stoppin by Pearl Harbor memorial in about 6 days.
I live close by.. domokun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:35 pm
If the US military had taken Billy Mitchell seriously, Pearl Harbor could have either been prevented or we would have been ready to respond in time. During the time of his court martial, Mitchel predicted that (A) someone would make a transAtlantic flight and (B) the Japanese would attack Pear Harbor. That was sixteen (if I recall) years before Pearl Harbor. If the military had taken him more seriously and his campaings for an independent Air Force, Pearl Harbor would have been less severe or prevented.--in my opinion.

That being said, my grandfather made it out of there alive. He died recently, but the memories he had of Pearl Harbor stil haunted him. He never talked about it.  

Special Agent Nishin

Kempana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:46 pm
Friday is the day my home was bomb by the Japanese. Fourtunately none of my family died but many did. My grandfather fought on Iwo Jima and would like to thank him for putting his life on the line.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:49 pm
RyuKlN
Yeah.. I'll be stoppin by Pearl Harbor memorial in about 6 days.
I live close by.. domokun
eh wear do live? i might go to. and do u have school that day?  

Kempana

HideoKojima123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:53 pm
I have a long debt to this sad day and hope everyone Rests in peace for this tragic time  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:10 pm
my family where never proud to do stuff like that. my great grand father never liked the idea. he did what he was ordered to do, he made his mends after words. from my father side....well from what Elina told me his family where always about war. from roman time too the cold Vietnam.

going back, i never hope to see history repeats it self. i hope all the soul's of those who died during Pearl Harbor R.I,P  

miko chizaru

sHiRo_ChAn_10

8,550 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:40 am
[Nishin
If the US military had taken Billy Mitchell seriously, Pearl Harbor could have either been prevented or we would have been ready to respond in time. During the time of his court martial, Mitchel predicted that (A) someone would make a transAtlantic flight and (B) the Japanese would attack Pear Harbor. That was sixteen (if I recall) years before Pearl Harbor. If the military had taken him more seriously and his campaings for an independent Air Force, Pearl Harbor would have been less severe or prevented.--in my opinion.

That being said, my grandfather made it out of there alive. He died recently, but the memories he had of Pearl Harbor stil haunted him. He never talked about it.

I fully agree with you and I believe that if Billy Mitchell had been taken seriously then Pearl Harbour wouldn't have been half as horrible as it was...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:46 pm
They're not really "ancestors" since the people who I know in relation to World War II are still alive. Some of my relatives were in internment camps. The others were in Japan but weren't enlisted.  

Fuku Taichou

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:05 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

What do you think our lives would be like if Japan won?
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:01 pm
Animaznboy
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

What do you think our lives would be like if Japan won?
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

hard to say. mr. angmar feels that america would win, cause they would do what it takes to win  

miko chizaru

Azirru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:26 am
well... my grandparents did not give stories during Pearl Harbor.

But, I really hate the fact that Americans have been using Filipinos since. Filipinos fought for the Americans. They use Subic Bay (2nd largest marine base in the world) for war.

Now, Filipino Veterans are asking for their pensions. However, America refused to pay. They said "We just help your country to free you against the Japanese Invadors.", but because of them Japan invaded the PHilippines and lots of innocent Filipinos who "did not want really to be involve in the fight are affected".

darn it!  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff