Submit

Do you ever write poems?
  yes
  no
  free money!
View Results

Akihide Reaper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:51 pm
Hey i was just thinking of the really cool quote from this book i read and i was wondering if anyone else had any other really good quotes they wanted to share, so please post here! ^_^ Oh and the quote from the book was:

basement room

i think its raining from my basement room
but basements make for faraway ears,
and rain dries up so quickly.
i still think it was rain.

i think a wind is blowing up above.
but wind is such a meaningless thing,
invisible and always gone.
i still think it was wind.

i think im up there in the wind and rain.
but dreaming is always done in bed,
and so many winds and rains are dreams.
i still think it was me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:10 pm
Wonderful idea for a thread! Here is the first of many I'm sure to post.

"This is my life, and freedom's my profession." - Gogol Bordello

Dariram
Crew

p934

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:05 pm
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:46 pm
"Live each moment as though it were your last" - Rent

"Light is dark as dark is light"

"Take it like a man, rub some sand in it" - She's the man

"The greatest thing you will ever learn, is to love and be loved in return." - Moulin Rouge  

Imperfect Hope

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:48 pm
Rosencrantz: Did you ever think of yourself as actually dead, lying in a box with a lid on it?
Guildenstern: No.
Rosencrantz: Nor do I, really. It's silly to be depressed by it. I mean, one thinks of it like being alive in a box. One keeps forgetting to take into account the fact that one is dead, which should make all the difference, shouldn't it? I mean, you'd never *know* you were in a box, would you? It would be just like you were asleep in a box. Not that I'd like to sleep in a box, mind you. Not without any air. You'd wake up dead for a start, and then where would you be? In a box. That's the bit I don't like, frankly. That's why I don't think of it. Because you'd be helpless, wouldn't you? Stuffed in a box like that. I mean, you'd be in there forever, even taking into account the fact that you're dead. It isn't a pleasant thought. Especially if you're dead, really. Ask yourself, if I asked you straight off, "I'm going to stuff you in this box. Now, would you rather be alive or dead?" naturally, you'd prefer to be alive. Life in a box is better than no life at all, I expect. You'd have a chance, at least. You could lie there thinking, "Well, at least I'm not dead. In a minute somebody is going to bang on the lid, and tell me to come out."
[bangs on lid]
Rosencrantz: "Hey you! What's your name? Come out of there!"
Guildenstern: [long pause] I think I'm going to kill you  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:50 am
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" - Ode

"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple" - Willy Wonka

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." -Albus Dumbledore  

p934

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:15 pm
Guildenstern: I think I have it. A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:00 pm
"Duck tape is like the force; it has a light and dark side and holds the world together" -anonymus  

Spacebeam

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:56 pm
"A work of art is one through which the consciousness of the artist is able to give its emotions to anyone who is prepared to receive them. There is no such thing as bad art." Muriel Rukeyser  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:14 pm
I hve like... a whole journal nearly full of them.... I couldn't possible choose just a few.  

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Non-Anime Related

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items