Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
...i need a new plan....damn

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

help please?
  hi
View Results

Jen_wow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:05 pm
ok i weigh 240 now i lost some weight and i had it all planned out,
eat right
go to the YMCA every day doing something different
bring lunch to school everyday
walk around the block 2 times a week...

PROBLEM

1.im tired of sandwhich everyday
2. mom doesnt allow me to go everyday onless she goes she doesnt pick me up till 7pm

i WANT a good work out movie to do everyday but i dont want it to be a stupid one that doesnt work.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:51 am
We've had a few other threads about getting a good variety of meals so that you don't get too bored. Have a look at those and see how they might work for you.

I can tell you that I'm happiest, and feel least hungry, when I get some dairy and some fruit at the start of the day (breakfast, late morning snack), and a little protein and vegetables during the later half of the day (late lunch, dinner). You need variety in ALL your meals, not just lunch!

Breakfast ideas:

Cup of yogurt and a banana
Cereal with strawberries and skim or low-fat milk
Half a grapefruiit and a cup of yogurt
Apple and some sliced low-fat or non-fat cheese

Mid-Morning Snack ideas; mix and match fruit, dairy, and/or grain idea:

Another piece of fruit, not the same kind as at breakfast
Cup of yogurt
Weight Watchers english muffin, toasted, if your cafeteria has a toaster
Sliced non-fat cheese

Lunch ideas:

Tuna sandwich on a Weight Watchers english muffin (the muffins are 1 point as opposed to 4 for a regular one -- way less calories and fat, way more fiber)
Turkey wrap with lettuce or a whole-wheat tortilla
Chicken salad made with low-fat or non-fat mayonnaise
Thanksgiving Special: a salad with chopped or shredded leftover turkey
Sliced veggies and some Oasis Zero Fat Hummus

Dinner ideas:

Since you're still living with your family, this may be where you have the least leeway. But ask your parents to buy whole-wheat pasta instead of white pasta, lean meats and fish instead of the fattier stuff, loads of fruit and vegetables.

Forego the chips, candies, and other junk foods -- for the most part. But that doesn't mean you should deny yourself those foods, either. If you feel denied, you'll only go off your good nutrition plan that much faster. Instead, indulge yourself just a little bit every day or two. Allow yourself ONE big indulgence per week: a candy bar, a cup of ice cream, a SINGLE-SERVING bag of potato chips, a (skim, no whip) caramel latte at the coffee shop, a slice of pie. Also, allow yourself one small indulgence every day or two: three Hershey kisses, three hard candies, a small handful (about ten) chocolate covered espresso beans.

Full-sugar soda pop may taste good, but so does Coke Zero, and it won't wreck your good nutritional plan (some people call this a diet, but I hate anything with 'die' right in the word). Full-sugar, full-fat lattes may be tasty, but so does the same latte when made with skim milk or soymilk and sugarless caramel flavoring. Pizza is great -- but do you need to eat the whole thing? Get a veggie pizza (because pizza places do not use lean meats, but the fattiest stuff they can get their hands on) and have one or two slices. As with all 'treat' foods, remember, one bite is for taste, and the rest is for your waist (and is a waste).

Finally, the exercise issue. Do you really need to be picked up before 7pm? Can you hang out at the Y, doing your homework, until your mom can pick you up?  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games