Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
New Captain Kirk

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sherlockgirl89

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:05 am
Hey i found out that Chris Pine the guy from Princess diaries 2 is going to play captain kirk! Thought? wink  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:08 am
I'm withholding judgment until I see the movie. I don't want to say something now and feel the exact opposite later.  

Diamond Rika

Blessed Fairy

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:38 am

Where did you find this info?

:'D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:31 am
I haven't seen Princess diaries. I don't think he'll do a terrible job - he's probably a fine actor. But nobody can replace Shatner. rolleyes  

Tevakh

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:41 am
You know what is awesome?
Simon Pegg is playing Scotty!
^_^

I think Masi Oka should've been picked to play Sulu- John Cho is too much of a teen comedy actor.. D:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:48 am
Oka wouldn't be good as Sulu, he's no fun to watch when he has a straight face. i think Cho will do fine, and honestly has more experience acting in movies, ive only ever seen Oka do tv stuff.

Simon Pegg may turn out great as scotty, so long as he gets the accent right. i cant think of any one better to deliver the occasional joke to lighten the mood.

as far as Pine... well he has the good looks they would want for kirk down, but he's only what, 27? i know kirk was a young captain but this guy looks more like a frat boy than a starship captain. confused  

meatsack

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:42 pm
-[.Moo.]-
You know what is awesome?
Simon Pegg is playing Scotty!
^_^

I think Masi Oka should've been picked to play Sulu- John Cho is too much of a teen comedy actor.. D:

He does an amazing george tokai(sp)

I heard it he's awesome  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:32 am
I don't really like the idea of prequels that use already established characters. I have never liked when movies have done that. It just never seems to be good to me. So when I heard about the story behind this next movie, I felt just a little disappointed. And getting big name stars I don't think will help.  

Nurkie

Saoraan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:54 am
Tevakh
I haven't seen Princess diaries. I don't think he'll do a terrible job - he's probably a fine actor. But nobody can replace Shatner. rolleyes

Absolutely true! Also I will see the movie when it comes out and withhold judgment until then.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:56 pm
I am quite saddened at the fact that Mr. Shatner will not be starring in the new film and that they are just getting the idea from something non-original. IE: THey are just using the characters from TOS instead of making something new. MoneyMaker: More or Less.  

Cronixix

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff