Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
LOOKING FOR NEW MODERATORS!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:41 pm
The title pretty much explains itself. ^^ Yes, I know, my finger seems to be stuck on the caps lock button tonight. What can I say? People notice it more, and we're in desperate need of more moderators. D:

My time on Gaia has been dramatically decreased, logging on maybe 2 to 3 times a month, if that. So I need some people who are more active to help me take care of this guild.

When I get on, I approve/deny requests to join, move a few topics if needed, and that's pretty much it. There's not much more to it. However, some fresh new ideas are welcome.

If you're interested, please complete and post the following application:

Why do you want to be a moderator?

What kind of experience makes me choose you over someone else?

Do you have any experience moderating? If so, please provide links.

Someone starts a flame war in a rather controversial topic. What do you do?

What one thing would you do to improve this guild?

What are your main subjects of guild-related interest?

Someone who eats meat makes a topic in the extended discussion area outling benefits to eating meat. What do you do?

I will be choosing no less than 3 moderators. My decision will be made at the end of the month, depending on the amount of applications I get. I look forward to hearing from you and good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:34 am
Hello! I just joined, and I am interested.
Why do you want to be a moderator? I know alot about vegan/vegitarianism and I would like to to help out with the guild.

What kind of experience makes me choose you over someone else? I can be activer than the guild itself sometimes, I am good at explaining things, and I am a vegitarian myself. smile

I own a guild myself. smile I am selling it, though.

I would remove the post.

Make lots of people join, of course!

Vegitarian things. ^^ Animal abuse topics, too.

Someone who eats meat makes a topic in the extended discussion area outling benefits to eating meat. What do you do?
I would remove the post. razz  

robots at the disco

VeggieCaptain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:28 pm
Ailinea here again! I logged on to approve some join requests and see how things are going. I really need some help now! Please, if you're interested at all, reply in this thread with your completed app! I'll be checking back every so often, and if I select you, I will send you a PM. I look forward to seeing some apps!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:51 pm
Now i know someone out there wants to help, and just reading guild apps and posts and thread, many of you are more than qualified. Come on, it's not that hard, I promise!  

Ailinea
Vice Captain

loony x lovegood
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:46 pm

I really love this guild and would be more than willing to help out in any way I can.

- I'm knowledgeable about many issues and topics within the veg*n community - from nutrition, to cooking, and animal rights.
- I'm polite, friendly, literate, and on Gaia daily.
- I have experience moderating.
- I'm one of the most active members in the guild.

Currently moderating:
- Crew member @ Vegan Nation.
- Selected as vice captain to build a guild about environmentalism, global warming, green living, & veg*nism. [The captain and I are still building this guild; it's unfinished and not yet open.]

Past experience:
- Served as vice captain at Taste the Rainbow • • • A Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans Girls' Sanctuary.

Lock the topic and contact those involved to work something out.

Encourage more activity through PMing members, contests, events, etc.

I'm unsure about what this question is posing. I am interested in discussing abolitionism vs. welfarism, nutrition, environmental impacts of our diets, & ethics.

Someone who eats meat makes a topic in the extended discussion area outlining benefits to eating meat. What do you do?
I would provide facts about why eating meat isn't good for humans and the sources of my information.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:06 am
-This guild needs active mods to take care of the topics and the members. Mods are more than just cleaners and topic lockers. Mods with good active members make the guild go around smoothly.

- I'm literate and have a lot of information about vegetarianism, veganism and ecological living in general.

- Unfortunately no. I used to be a mod in this guild in my shameful hiphophoe past though. I have no clue what the guild is nowadays. I left because I started hating the way things were done and the misogyny that was taking place in the guild.

- I remind the people in the thread about ways of good conversation that lead into something and ask them to quit flaming and change into conversation where they justify their points and remember that there is a person behind the nickname. If that wouldn't work and flaming would continue after reminding, then I'd lock the thread.

- I'd advertise us more and try to activate the old members better.

- I don't understand this question either. But IF I understood correctly:
animal welfare, cooking, enviromental issues and ethical consuming and living, veg*an food in general.

- I post a long well thought topic about why eating meat isn't good for you with some links and sources. Also pictures if possible.

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100

EvyGunner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:37 pm

•Because I have the pashion, for loving Animals, even though I am not able to have one, just because I have Asthma.
•And it'll be great to show and lead the other people to follow the right path with what they decide. Not because they tell them too.

•I am the Chief of the Vegetarian club. And I'm glad they like me.
•I have alot of information I want to share to people about Vegetarians, and Vegans.

•I am a moderator of the school Vegetarian club, but we don't have websites of it.

•I would tell them and make them relize what group and "Guild" really means. And that we shouldn't be on either or own sides, since we're in
O N E whole Guild.

•I'll add a little fun for the Guild, so people don't get bored. Such as: Meals, and Snacks made out of Vegetables, and Fruits.

•Animals, Vegetables, The enviroment around you: What are the Bad things they having in the Enviroment, and the Good stuff we have to keep up.

•I'd try to tell the person nicely, that it's just gonna make people complain and protest, so I suggest to tell the person, How about making a Guild, of join a Vegan Guild if they have. So the person won't be happy only, but they can bond with eachother.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:18 pm
So i can help people learn the facts and opinions of others to learn more about veg*nism

I can understand people where they are coming from and can talk to them so they can feel listened to and can give an opinion and debate too.

No, but i think i can do this much better

I would ask the person politley to remove themself from the thread, then if they keep doing it report them, then if they dont stop remove them from the guild.

nothing, it has most the facts and things that other would want to know.

Vitamans, Veg*nism, and opinions on meat and other meat realted topics plus animals rights.

Someone who eats meat makes a topic in the extended discussion area outling benefits to eating meat. What do you do? I would let them keep it unless it were saying vulger things against veg*s or the guild, if they were saying vulger things i would report them and kick them out of the guild.  

XxEmo_anaxX

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff