Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Cosplay and Tekteks
The Slate Scholar's Cosplay Board.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:44 pm
So, since all of you are copying me, I'mma copy YOU. D:< Anywho, I currently have a few cosplays in mind. However, in order to do them I need to have several things in order. So...this probably won't be updated for a very long time. School sux like that.

I'm hoping that this will all be in order and done with by next year's conventions [such as Dragon-con on Labor Day]. Anywho~ So, here are the hopeful cosplays I want to do:

Vayne Solidor [Final Fantasy XII]
Captain Shunsui Kyōraku [Bleach]

This will update when I get a chance to get started. LAME a** SCHOOL. D:<

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:26 pm
Vayne Carudas Solidor
§ § §

BACKGROUND
Vayne is the third son of Emperor Gramis and Larsa's older brother. He is the twenty-seven year-old Consul-Governor of Archadian-occupied Dalmasca, Commandant of the Archadian Empire's Western Armada and a member of House Solidor, whose members had led the Empire for four generations. This in effect makes him a "Prince", though as he states, the democratic nature of the Empire makes him no more eligible for the throne than anyone. He often laughs off those who attempt to give him the respect his title would command and makes genuine efforts to reach out to the conquered Dalmascans who make up his jurisdiction.

During the Battle over Rabanastre, Vayne commanded the Sky Fortress Bahamut, and when confronted by the team, he was mortally wounded. But Venat restores him to life by giving him its power, causing Vayne to become monstrous Undying, a gigantic creature made of the mechanical components of the Bahamut's superstructure. Despite this monstrosity's incredible destructive power, a furious battle with the team eventually forced his mechanical body to break apart, and in the resulting explosion caused Vayne to be blasted into oblivion.

THINGS TO DO
-LOSE WEIGHT
I. Neck & Up
>Hair: Need to get Hair Spray to give it the lift
>Eyes: Black eyeliner for upper lashes
II. Torso
>Vest: Find metallic olive green "scaled" vest/pattern
>>Use white and red fabics + cardboard to make the collar
>>Purchase neck ruffle to attach to above portion
>Undershirt: Find olive green [hopefully thin] shirt/fabric
>>Purchase white lace sleeve ruffle
III. Pelvic
>Corset Belt: Cardboard, varnish, spraypaint
>>Belt 1: Purchase and spraypaint and build accompanying parts
>>Belt 2: Thinner cardboard or leather that will encircle body
>>Belt Plate: Construct with coardboard
>>Lower Chestplate: Cardboard, varnish, spraypaint
>Family Crest Cape: Red fabric lined with a thin wire
IV. Legs [to Knees]
>Pants: Find thin fabric/thin green pants
>Golden "Flames": Construct with cardboard, varnish, spraypaint
V. Legs [to Feet]
>"Bat" Knee Pads: Purchase and construct wings with cardboard
>"Stubby" Boots: Purchase tall boot and/or construct
VI. Arms/Accessories
>Shoulder Pads: Purchase or make from cardboard, varnish, and paint
>Chestplate: Use cardboard, varnish, and metallic spraypaint
>>Components: "Milk Chococlate" central plate
>>[2x] Circular Rings w/ accompanying "bat" blades
>>Central half ring plate
>"Bat" Armlets: Cardboard, varnish, spraypaint
>Gauntlets: Cardboard, varnish, spraypaint
>Gloves: Purchase white "gentleman" gloves

COMPLETED TASKS
None. Lovely.

UPDATES
None. Lovely.

PICTURES
None. Lovely.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:56 pm
Captain Shunsui Kyōraku
§ § § § § § §

BACKGROUND
Kyōraku is a laid back and flamboyant man, evident in his style of dress and general attitude. He wears a straw hat and a pink flowered haori over his captain's uniform. Although his haori and obi sash are cheap, his pinwheel hairpin is very expensive. In his off time, he can be seen drinking sake and napping. Other times, he likes to chase after women, particularly his lieutenant, Nanao Ise, whom he calls 'my Nanao-chan' (little Nanao). Kyōraku tends to use a more familiar speech style than most other characters in Bleach. He generally refers to his fellow captains and shinigami by their first name followed by an honorific. Kyōraku is a peace-loving man who will always try to talk his way out of a fight, though he doesn't wish to insult opponents by refusing to fight. The slightly eccentric Kyōraku also seems to like making an impression on opponents.

Shunsui is the second son of the high-ranking noble Kyōraku family. Despite being of such old and prestigious lineage, he disliked studying and training, and because of his behavior was sent against his will to the Shin'ō Reijutsu Academy. Although not much else is known about Kyōraku's history, it is implied that he and Jūshirō Ukitake are the oldest captains in the Gotei 13, with the exception of General Yamamoto. Along with Ukitake, he was the first to become captain as a result of training in Yamamoto's academy. Kyōraku is the only character who dispenses with honorifics when addressing General Yamamoto, calling him old Yama (Yama-jī) He is close friends with Ukitake, with whom he works often. During Rukia Kuchiki's execution, Kyōraku follows Ukitake's example and helps prevent Rukia's death, showing he will help Ukitake with whatever decision he chooses, despite whatever consequences there are.

The true extent of Kyōraku's abilities has not been seen in the series, but he has been hinted to be quite strong, as General Yamamoto hints that Kyōraku, along with Ukitake and Yamamoto himself, are stronger than any other captain. Kyōraku's zanpakutō is Katen Kyōkotsu (花天狂骨, lit. Flower Heaven, Crazy Bone, Viz: Flower-Heaven Bone of Madness). His zanpakutō is unique in that it exists as two completely separate swords, existing as a daisho sword pair. Its shikai command is "flowers are disturbed, god of flowers weeps, winds of Heaven are disturbed, demon of Heaven laughs" (花風紊れて花神啼き天風紊れて天魔嗤う, hana kaze midarete, kashin naki, tenpū midarete, tenma warau, Viz: "When the flower wind rages, the flower god roars. The wind of heaven rages, the god of the underworld sneers"). In Katen Kyōkotsu's shikai, the daisho sword pair transforms into two large scimitars or falchions. While the anime and manga have yet to depict what special abilities Katen Kyōkotsu possesses, some Bleach video games show it having the abilities of wind manipulation, with maple leaves or rose petals often seen flowing in the wind.

THINGS TO DO
>LOSE WEIGHT
I. Neck & Up
>Hat: Purchase
>>Make pinwheel pattern for top
>>Attach strings to both sides
>Hair: Purchase dark brown wig/Grow out hair [or deal with it]
>Ponytail: Purchase a blue one
>>Make or buy two mini pinwheels
>Eyes: Purchase brown contacts
>>Black eyeliner for upper lashes
II. Torso
>Captain's Uniform: Purchase
>Captain's Jacket: Purchase
>Haori: Purchase a pink one
>>Make designs for haori
III. Pelvic
>Belt: Purchase seafoam green cloth and wrap around
>Katanas: Purchase [plastic versions]
IV. Legs [to Knees]
[Covered in Torso Section]
V. Legs [to Feet]
Socks: Purchase thin, shin high socks
Sandals: Purchase
VI. Arms/Accessories
Purchase gin jug & gin cup
Blades: Construct out of cardboard, varnish, spraypaint, and red cloth

COMPLETED TASKS
None. Lovely

UPDATES
None. Lovely

PICTURES
None. Lovely

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:44 am
Kiros Seagill
§§

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
[COSPLAY FOR A FRIEND]

The Slate Scholar
Crew

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Even though you're making it for a friend... ******** YEAH KIROS. There needs to be moar Kiros cosplayers, darn it. D<  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:29 am
Wow. they sound like complicating Cosplays to me. But good luck ;D  

BreathLessX
Crew

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:27 pm
I like Kiros. I always thought he was gay for Laguna. c:  
Cosplay and Tekteks

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff