• Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:00 pm
Who here has heard of it?

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:02 pm
Heard of it, read it, loved it...

It just makes me think about how screwed I'll be if zombies do attack... heheh.  

Bloody Loon

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:59 am
Heard of it, haven't read it. Is any of the advice useful, or do you just hide and shoot them in the head?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:24 pm
It's quite well filled out with individual weapons, and escape strategies, all of which based firmly in facts. The only 'fiction' in it is the zombies...

Also, some of it is quite useful for emergency situations (of the non-zombie kind) in which all power goes out, or world war 3 occurs.  

Bloody Loon

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:36 pm
I've read it. It was pretty interesting. It kinda makes you wish there would be a zombie oubreak just so you can use all your new zombie knowledge!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:58 pm
I read that. I'm prepared.

I have a softball bat, canned food and there's a good mountain bike next door. I guess I'll steal a Swiss Army Knife from somewhere. Not like it's gonna matter if I rob places. While I'm at it, I'll get a bowie knife. Just because I can. Bam!

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:05 pm
BEST SURVIVAL BOOK EVAR.

Even though I would definitely be the first casualty if zombies attacked. I'm frickin' clumsy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:16 pm
Oh yes whee tis is an awesome survival guide, I have all the guns and amunition I needs to survive that, and a nice baseballbat as a back up!  

Dark Lord Youmi

SamuraiArren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:18 pm
It was rather scientifically sound for, you know, being about zombies.

I found it really amusing!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:40 am

Haven't read it yet. I did read World War Z however which is basically his fictional account of what happened when THE WORLD DIDN'T READ THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE. eek
User Image

Vexworth

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:22 pm
I loved the Zombie Survival Guide, and honestly, I learned a lot from it. Yeah, I get that it was a joke. I never thought otherwise. But there's a practicality and logic behind the book that makes it an oddly informational read.

I haven't yet read "World War Z", but it's on my list of books to read. I'm also pumped that it's getting a film adaptation.

On a side note, I must say that while I liked the Solanum virus more than most zombie canon, I still prefer Romero's canon more. The enigmatic nature of the zombie outbreak (suggested in the original film as being radiation mutation, later hinted at being a virus, as well as numerous other rumors and postulations made in the film) made it all the more terrifying, and I feel Romero's "rules" have the best balance of traits.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:56 am
I've herad of it, and SOOOO want to buy it <3  

gasp Account moved

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:25 pm
I bought it earlier this week, and I'm about half-way through. Enjoying it so far, though, it's far different from what I originally imagined it would be.  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games