Reply The L Guild Forum
What if... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mond -an- mitternacht

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:15 pm
My friends and I wouldn't have as many inside jokes, that's for sure.

Yeah, I might've gone back to FMA, or find another series.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:27 pm
Tea with Bubbly
The majority of us (including myself) have said we'd be fangirling over FMA (and some other series as well) I think that's strangely awesome. xD

:3

Haha. Thats what I was fangirling over before this. Strange world, eh?

I cant find any L plushies. Where would I find these other than ebay?  

Konfekt

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:15 pm
xX_Elysium_Xx
I'm interested in things that are not well known.
so I'll probably pick up Death Note still.
*besides they sell some half-assed mangas and they suck but they still came here anyways*

I'd be sad and a loner if I'm one of the very FEW people to like Death Note IF
it were not to be popular. I would only have the mangas and nothing else of it.
but I would think about spreading the love, y'know?
eventually it'll get popular with the fans but to be REALLY big...
well... we just have to hope for that if this were to happen.

but also one more thing.
if Death Note was not to be popular.
then I'd probably stop watching anime...
`cause all of them seem kinda boring and only some are interesting...
but none of them to hold on to like...an evil obsession... xDD
so I'd probably have no obsession and nothing to fangirl about...
`cause I wasn't like that till I found this series. O:

=o No wai!

It's kind of true though, once you're hooked on DN it's hard to find something that outshines it (at least in my opinion... depending on the circumstances. xD)

DN is so addictive to me, and you meet so many cool people that it's kind of hard to imagine it just going POOF. D:

@ Kabayal: Just wait a bit, since the bringing of the anime I'm sure more of the L plushies will come. :3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:07 pm
Tea with Bubbly
xX_Elysium_Xx
I'm interested in things that are not well known.
so I'll probably pick up Death Note still.
*besides they sell some half-assed mangas and they suck but they still came here anyways*

I'd be sad and a loner if I'm one of the very FEW people to like Death Note IF
it were not to be popular. I would only have the mangas and nothing else of it.
but I would think about spreading the love, y'know?
eventually it'll get popular with the fans but to be REALLY big...
well... we just have to hope for that if this were to happen.

but also one more thing.
if Death Note was not to be popular.
then I'd probably stop watching anime...
`cause all of them seem kinda boring and only some are interesting...
but none of them to hold on to like...an evil obsession... xDD
so I'd probably have no obsession and nothing to fangirl about...
`cause I wasn't like that till I found this series. O:

=o No wai!

It's kind of true though, once you're hooked on DN it's hard to find something that outshines it (at least in my opinion... depending on the circumstances. xD)

DN is so addictive to me, and you meet so many cool people that it's kind of hard to imagine it just going POOF. D:

@ Kabayal: Just wait a bit, since the bringing of the anime I'm sure more of the L plushies will come. :3

I know.
oh and YES... there is nothing that could top Death Note ever since it became my favorite series...EVAR~ :B
but it really depends (Like what you said)
but if I were to find an anime/manga that is original *just like Death Note*
and interesting with lots of awesome character developments...
it'd probably be a runner-up to Death Note.
cause Death Note was the first anime that I've seen that got me hooked
and NOT bore the shizz out of me. also it doesn't last forever! :]

lot s of cool people... but not a big fandom... that's a no-no.
but wait... big fandom but the story itself is not well known in the media and the distribution and stuff...
but wait... if there is a big fandom... lots of people are getting it then.
and so the store *or wherever you're buying it* may keep a log of all things being sold, right?
and the people that published it are getting more money than usual...
hmm... I think in their minds "I think we hit the jackpot!" xD

xX_Elysium_Xx

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:35 pm
xX_Elysium_Xx

I know.
oh and YES... there is nothing that could top Death Note ever since it became my favorite series...EVAR~ :B
but it really depends (Like what you said)
but if I were to find an anime/manga that is original *just like Death Note*
and interesting with lots of awesome character developments...
it'd probably be a runner-up to Death Note.
cause Death Note was the first anime that I've seen that got me hooked
and NOT bore the shizz out of me. also it doesn't last forever! :]

lot s of cool people... but not a big fandom... that's a no-no.
but wait... big fandom but the story itself is not well known in the media and the distribution and stuff...
but wait... if there is a big fandom... lots of people are getting it then.
and so the store *or wherever you're buying it* may keep a log of all things being sold, right?
and the people that published it are getting more money than usual...
hmm... I think in their minds "I think we hit the jackpot!" xD

I have my tops and my runner animes. The runner animes are usually humor. xD
But nonetheless I end up cuddling over my DN books.
And OMG I love that factor about the anime, about it not running forever. I can barely handle 50 let alone over 200. Dx (I'm looking at you Naruto.... Inuyasha... Bleach... none of which I like. Dx )

xD!
The fandom is going to get much larger since the anime has reached Adult Swim. Not that I mind, more fans means a way to meet more cool people. I just hope it won't be turn into another Inuyasha epidemic. (I apologize to any of you who like Inuyasha. D: )
I mean I love reading the FMA manga, but...
because of the popularity in the anime, some of the FMA fans aren't the brightest in the crayons box. O_O
I doubt such a thing will happen, and if it does... then I always have my protective mental bubble. It comes with a filter. ;D  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:22 pm
Actually I think that it might have been better if Death Note stayed a manga rather than selling out to the anime industry. That way, all the fans would be true fans, and we wouldn't have anyone getting into the series just because it's part of the mainstream Adult Swim bandwagon.

I went to an anime convention recently, and I didn't even see hardly any DN merchandise at all. It really isn't as popular as the other big things yet.  

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100

Stephkotsu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:51 pm
Hm, I probably wouldn't have been able to show it to some of my friends until they were bored. I probably would've still heard about it via Misuki, but I doubt I would've found the initial sprite sheets that got me truely interested. I would've been more or less bothered into reading the series because I detest being out-of-the-loop. So I'd still know about Death Note if it didn't become popular, unless of course, Misuki never got into it. Then I'd be having a problem right there.

As for what I'd probably be fangirling over... Hm. Not entirely sure. Probably just more Itachi, Hiei, and Setzer. And perhaps James might've came back. O_o;

If I never met Misuki though... ... I really don't know where I'd be. Because for a very long time she's been one of my friends when I really needed somebody to talk to and stuff. Because I didn't have any friends back then, or anyone to talk to and stuff. Overall, not a happy Stephy. So I guess never meeting Misuki or Spot-ba-sama would've been quite the large deciding factor. Which is probably why I end up worrying about them, too... sweatdrop

And if I ever left, then my mother would've too. Gawd, this is making me feel horrible just thinking about it. crying I'd rather not have such happen. Even if I'm a bit emotionless and enthusiasticless on the outside, doesn't mean I don't have actual feelings. gonk

But I'm starting to get off topic? All in all, I'd probably still know about Death Note should Misuki still knew about even if it wasn't popular... and if she talked about it back so long ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:19 pm
Misuki Marishima
Actually I think that it might have been better if Death Note stayed a manga rather than selling out to the anime industry. That way, all the fans would be true fans, and we wouldn't have anyone getting into the series just because it's part of the mainstream Adult Swim bandwagon.

I went to an anime convention recently, and I didn't even see hardly any DN merchandise at all. It really isn't as popular as the other big things yet.

True, but considering before the anime came on Adult Swim, I consider Death Note one of those underground popular manga.

Interesting enough, I had the same problem in the past. And I still kind of have the same problem now with the merchandise. Someties you want to easily get it in a store rather than just getting it online.

I was in downtown L.A. once and went into thise store that sold some anime merchandise. I noticed there was a lot more Death Note items (mostly wall scrools) than usual. It hit me as odd. Then a couple days later I hear the rumor about DN airing on Adult Swim soon.

Sure enough I finally saw the short bump commercial for it and voila! DN on Adult Swim.

It's good in a way that we'll be able to find more DN merchandise and meet some cool new people. Not only that but I've only read the mangas and seen the movies but never the anime. I found some DVDs to it once but it was those generic ones with the really bad subtitles that translate the chinese subs to the english subs. Creating a big pile of bad engrish. @.@

That being said I do have the same dread because we all know a huge group of "noobs" will spawn from it. Dx

Tea with Bubbly

Stephkotsu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Tea with Bubbly

It's good in a way that we'll be able to find more DN merchandise and meet some cool new people. Not only that but I've only read the mangas and seen the movies but never the anime. I found some DVDs to it once but it was those generic ones with the really bad subtitles that translate the chinese subs to the english subs. Creating a big pile of bad engrish. @.@

... Death Note on Engrish... Oh my gawds. Knowing me I'd find that both apulsive and awesome at the same time. Plus it wouldn't be on my fault, which is good.

It'd be bad because it would be so awkward to see L talking in engrish. But then there's the fact that I happen to love engrish anyway. Only problem is that engrish in Death Note would make it really confusing.

That and I'm not going to say anything else without somehow getting in trouble. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:21 am
THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! I don't even want to think about that! eek  

rock_rox13

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:22 am
Stephkotsu
Tea with Bubbly

... Death Note on Engrish... Oh my gawds. Knowing me I'd find that both apulsive and awesome at the same time. Plus it wouldn't be on my fault, which is good.

It'd be bad because it would be so awkward to see L talking in engrish. But then there's the fact that I happen to love engrish anyway. Only problem is that engrish in Death Note would make it really confusing.

That and I'm not going to say anything else without somehow getting in trouble. sweatdrop

OMFG... that would actually make me laugh. I looked at this place called Worth1000 where they show different photoshop contests, and one of them was with Engrish... the way they word things just cracked me up so bad! XD

I bet others would weep to see Death Note in Engrish though.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:39 am
Misuki Marishima
Stephkotsu
Tea with Bubbly

OMFG... that would actually make me laugh. I looked at this place called Worth1000 where they show different photoshop contests, and one of them was with Engrish... the way they word things just cracked me up so bad! XD

xD!

It wasn't spoken in engrish dear. It was subbed in engrish. :3

Tea with Bubbly

Stephkotsu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:38 pm
Tea with Bubbly
Misuki Marishima
Stephkotsu
Tea with Bubbly

xD!

It wasn't spoken in engrish dear. It was subbed in engrish. :3

Either way, it'd still be quite amusing.

Though you'll never hear "Hurry up the cakes"... Or "You! Invaders! Get you the hot bullets of shotgun to die!" XP

Yes... I'm quoting engrish... ^^; Somewhat sad, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:51 am
Sweet lordy! xD!!

How can you not love Engrish though.

... Well I guess if it's in large doses you wouldn't love it but I think many of us are guilty of laughing at it. xD

Tea with Bubbly

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces