Terry Pratchett's Discworld Novels

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:33 am
I've learned that there are a few fans of the books out there in this guild, so come here to talk about it 3nodding

Who are your favourite characters??
Mine have to be:
Death (and the death of rats and the raven: Quoth)
Nobby
Rincewind
(and pretty much all the wizards)

Mr Teatime (tee-a-tam-eh) - If any of you have seen The Hogfather film then you'll know Mr. Teatime. I LOVE the way he is played in that film. He's just so brilliant heart  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:06 am
Is it that obvious I like the series? razz

Who are your favourite characters?

Death (or DEATH if you prefer )
Granny Weatherwax
Susan
Sam Vimes

Although I tend to like whoever the main character is depending on which book I'm reading ninja

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:32 am
xp I love Susan too. She's brilliant. I don't like some of his newest books..they're quite alot more serious than they used to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:10 am
I did like the last one though. Mostly because I have a soft spot for Moist, the conniving ******* xp

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:54 am
I've not read the latest one. My dad bought it, he's read it, but I've got other books to read first 3nodding
what's your favourite Discworld book?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:41 pm
That's a difficult one sweatdrop

If I had to choose one I suppose I'd go with 'Maskerade'. The fact that it's one of my signed copies has nothing to do wth it at all ninja

Kalvaya

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:07 am
*is jealous* whee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:11 am
The world has suffered a great loss. Terry Pratchet has been diagnosed with a very rare form of Alzheimer's disease.. It is a great pity to see such a wonderful mind go like that. Although he has announced that he has a few books left in him, it is a painful blow none the less  

Summoned Shadows

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:10 am
bleak eternity
The world has suffered a great loss. Terry Pratchet has been diagnosed with a very rare form of Alzheimer's disease.. It is a great pity to see such a wonderful mind go like that. Although he has announced that he has a few books left in him, it is a painful blow none the less

I heard about that..I thought it was Dementia he had...whatever it is..it's really sad to hear, and I'm really sorry sad His books will always continue to be loved though, even if he doesn't write anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:30 pm
Shadow__Dweller
bleak eternity

I heard about that..I thought it was Dementia he had...whatever it is..it's really sad to hear, and I'm really sorry sad His books will always continue to be loved though, even if he doesn't write anymore.

Yeah.. I almost burst into tears when I found out  

Summoned Shadows

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:46 am
the Colour of Magic is showing on Sky One over easter. After the success of Hogfather I'm really glad they've decided to carry on making movies out of his books. David Jason is playing Rincewind. It looks great and I can't wait to see it.
You can find more information here: http://www.skyoneonline.co.uk/tcom/index.html  
*The Hall of Diversity*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games