Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Your Very Own Yaoi Con

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:18 pm
These days, there are a few yaoi conventions around. There's the original Yaoi-Con in San Francisco, California. There's the brand new Yaoi Jamboree in Phoenix, Arizona. Anime North, up in Canada, has Yaoi North. And there's BLYG Con over in Sweden.

I hear a looooooot of people complaining about having no yaoi conventions near them, so here's my question:

If you could plan a yaoi convention, where would you choose to hold it?

Now don't just say "My home town!" Think about it for a minute, if you live in ******** nowhere and everyone's homophobic, that's not exactly the best place to hold a yaoi convention. Where would be the best location for a successful, fun, safe convention and why do you think it's suitable?

Moving beyond that, who would you want to be your special guest and what kind of events would you plan to keep your guests entertained?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:41 am
I would host it in Melbourne. Not because I live there (though it is an advantage) because they have great facilities ( there's a HUGE convention center thingy) AND Melbourne is also known as Australia's capital of culture <333

My special guest would preferably be Ayano Yamane, or Maki Murakami, because I know that they are very popular and talented. I'd also love to have a voice actor or two. If the voice actor was japanese, I'd ask him/her about voice acting for yaoi, and if they found it awkward and if they had giggly fits etc. If the voice actor was.."western" I'd ask their opinions on BL, and if they'd ever agree to voice one... as well as discussing unintentional(?) slashiness in "normal" anime.

As for entertainment... A cosplay show, naturally, and skits. A video gaming section with DDR, Street Fighter and such. Some computers with BL game demos would be pretty cool too. There'd be fun games as well; Yaoi charades (HEHEHE) and Yaoi pictionary (Stole that idea from BLYG con) Yaoi trivia... things like that ^^
There'd be anime screenings later in the evening, and everyone could come to the screenings in PJs and look super cute... sort of like a pajama party. Of course, there'd be a sales room with lots of discounted yaoi. I'd also have some craft corners, where you could make your own bunny/kitty ears, persocon ears, lolita accessories and badges. And drawing. ^__^ there'd be a doujinshi contest as well!

Also, I'd have a cosplay café serving anime nerd snacks and food, pocky, kasugai gummies, Ramune, miso soup, cookies, mochi, daifuku etc.

User_2629207

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:22 pm
might go to the one in Toronto it would be so cool at the August convention there was a group of people that were dancing and selling yaoi for a dollar to the people at the convention  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:38 pm
i rarely have conventions where i live, in brownsville tx  

- A y u C h u -

5,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

kina blaze

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 am
i always have to travel  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:46 pm
I'd hold it in New York City. Yes. it has everything to do with the fact that I live here! XD But it's not like it would be a bad location. I'd probably hold it at the Jacob Javits Center. Though if there's a big enough space in the Village, I rather hold it there. XD

I'd invite Kodaka Kazuma because I love her. I'd also invite seiyuu who have voice acted BL anime characters. Since I want to be inclusive, I'd try to invite Western actors who are either gay and/or have played gay characters in movies. And yes, it would be a completely shameless attempt to get Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal to reenact scenes from Brokeback Mountain. XD  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:41 pm
LadyNox
And yes, it would be a completely shameless attempt to get Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal to reenact scenes from Brokeback Mountain. XD

*squeal* I'd LOVE to see that! heart heart heart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:14 am
I live in Gulfport, Mississippi, and there are NO cons here! DX Or in Colorado, where I am moving to in two months. If I could make a con, it would have a lot of no-names, because anywhere I would hold it would be where there were people who are starved for anything anime.  

Urameshi_Yuusuke_2007

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:48 pm
Pittsburgh, PA
We get piddly over here in the east.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items