If Ryuk could see Light's lifespan... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:16 pm
Shinigami can see when a human would die of any non-Shinigami cause, homicide would count as one. So Ryuk saw whatever Light's lifespan was supposed to be... though the likelihood if him surviving after them all knowing he was Kira and getting shot like that was pretty low.

Knowing Ryuk, he probably wanted to wait until the last second to enjoy his fun for the longest time possible. So he killed Light right about when he'd die normally, since it is his job to kill Light in the end as stated way back in the beginning. Ryuk probably didn't gain a thing from the whole ordeal but entertainiment and a the miniscule amount that was Light's remaining lifespan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:11 pm
Jam-Kiske
Shinigami can see when a human would die of any non-Shinigami cause, homicide would count as one. So Ryuk saw whatever Light's lifespan was supposed to be... though the likelihood if him surviving after them all knowing he was Kira and getting shot like that was pretty low.

Knowing Ryuk, he probably wanted to wait until the last second to enjoy his fun for the longest time possible. So he killed Light right about when he'd die normally, since it is his job to kill Light in the end as stated way back in the beginning. Ryuk probably didn't gain a thing from the whole ordeal but entertainiment and a the miniscule amount that was Light's remaining lifespan.

All of this was either explained in the book or covered in the topic already. Thanks, though. :]  

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

fishkisser22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:42 pm
dont know dont care still hate him  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:17 pm
shark bait22222222
dont know dont care still hate him

I agree with on light.
I have a weird question though If Shinigami can see when a person is supposed to die then couldn't they save lives without writing someones name down? Like just warning them that they are going to be stabbed ect ect.  

azurerogue

Hayate-san

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:35 am
Yeah but look, the person would have to touch the book. Ryuk just wanted entertainment in the beginning. He wouldn't want to stop the excitement. Jealous barely had time to get to the scene when Misa was cornered. He learned about how she would die like moments before. Ryuk cares less, umm that would be prolonging the life in another way so if they told them then that would be showing love towards them and beach time. Ryuk didn't care for Light in the lightiest bit, hehe. Anyway Light was cool though, so was L. L is cooler but I would rather be Light then L because its either take over the world or be rich. Plus there isn't no L in the world so yeah it wouldn't be to hard.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 am
Persistence_of_Memory
TaiyoukaiLord
I think in the beginning, Light had a 2 for his lifespan. But thing is... Getting killed by a shinigami isn't natural, so he probably would have died after the day Ryuk killed him. Aww... I feel bad that he died! crying

In the beginning, it didn't show you his lifespan. It did, but it was in shinigami time... @_@
And back to the girl who was almost stabbed...she aparently lived a normal life after that random shinigami killed the stalker. Who's to say Light wouldn't have lived too?
I don't feel bad that he died...he deserved what he got.

as i remember...
i think it was said that the remaining life of the dead shinigami would be transfered to the one it saved... that is... what i remember...

^_^ domokun  

nevertepid

nevertepid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:13 am
Persistence_of_Memory
If Ryuk could see Lights lifespan, wouldn't that mean that he would know when the whole thing would end? I mean...I don't think he knew precisely how it would end until he was standing in that warehouse. But he knew how long the whole Kira thing would last, and he knew that Light would eventually lose.

yah yah... i agree...
^_^
as said by some people...
i think ryuk just enjoyed what kira does til the end
lol  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items