Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:36 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
nightwish is norwegian

Quote:
Nightwish is a Finnish symphonic power metal musical group, formed in 1996 in the town of Kitee, in eastern Finland.

HIM hasn't been very close to metal until their new album, even. I will claim that Venus Doom has an obvious metal presence, more present than in past albums.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Lordi was, "GWAR?" But I like GWAR, I do not like Lordi. GWAR is funny.

Folk metal from Scandinavia is rarely in reference to the traditional Goth tribe. Most of it is Viking-centric, and very Odalist, and I doubt any Odalist would support expansionism into Roman Europe.

You talked about Finnish metal and didn't list Children of Bodom, Havoc Unit, or Finntroll. Shame.

Out of the Scandinavian nations, Finland is probably the least metal to draw from. Norway is a huge buffet of metal just spread out for you, you should sample some of the Burzum.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 am
I have listened to Burzum. I love COB and Norther but I wouldn't think of themas gothic in any way.

Swallowed in the Sun perhaps?  

Nockz the Dark Cellist

broken_joker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:24 am
Quote:
The 69 Eyes (Helsinki vampires)
Apocalyptica
The Rasmus

Is it really that bad that I love those bands?
OK, they're not the most well-liked of bands...or goth/metal. But damn it I like them.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:23 pm
This thread makes me really sad.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:36 pm
-Isel-
Soviet Mudkipz
nightwish is norwegian

Quote:
Nightwish is a Finnish symphonic power metal musical group, formed in 1996 in the town of Kitee, in eastern Finland.

HIM hasn't been very close to metal until their new album, even. I will claim that Venus Doom has an obvious metal presence, more present than in past albums.

The first thing I thought of when I saw Lordi was, "GWAR?" But I like GWAR, I do not like Lordi. GWAR is funny.

Folk metal from Scandinavia is rarely in reference to the traditional Goth tribe. Most of it is Viking-centric, and very Odalist, and I doubt any Odalist would support expansionism into Roman Europe.

You talked about Finnish metal and didn't list Children of Bodom, Havoc Unit, or Finntroll. Shame.

Out of the Scandinavian nations, Finland is probably the least metal to draw from. Norway is a huge buffet of metal just spread out for you, you should sample some of the Burzum.
Finland is actually the least "Scandinavian" Scandinavian country, some don't even consider it a part of Scandinavia.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:41 pm
broken_joker
Quote:
The 69 Eyes (Helsinki vampires)
Apocalyptica
The Rasmus

Is it really that bad that I love those bands?
OK, they're not the most well-liked of bands...or goth/metal. But damn it I like them.

I love Apocalyptica! Best Band Ever!
Now here's one that hasn't been mentioned yet: Within Temptation. How's that?
Their song Solum Hour (I know that's misspelled) is really dark

Diana Ishtar

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:01 am
There is a time of my life wher HIM was the best of the best for me, but now I'm not a big fan of what some call the finnsh metal. Only when I'm so sad I sometimes listen to them.  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff