Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Basics Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:35 pm
Recursive Paradox
And sometimes people are far too oblivious or stupid to notice those big bold letters, which become oh so very more big, bold and obvious after the consequences wrap themselves around your neck and drill into your eye socket... or other unpleasant metaphors.

Well, it does leave the lesson etched very clearly in the mind.
While I am not nearly as sadistic as it may seem, I do support knowledge thru pain.
It is far better than not learning anything from the pain, and it gives us a very clear look at ourselves.
It is easy to profess something loudly, to beat at one's chest, rattle one's sabre, and make great oaths... however, do we truely know anyone, even ourselves, until we have had our convictions challenged? Until there is conflict, difficulty, adversity, there is no proof of virtue.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:34 pm
Fiddlers Green
Recursive Paradox
And sometimes people are far too oblivious or stupid to notice those big bold letters, which become oh so very more big, bold and obvious after the consequences wrap themselves around your neck and drill into your eye socket... or other unpleasant metaphors.

Well, it does leave the lesson etched very clearly in the mind.
While I am not nearly as sadistic as it may seem, I do support knowledge thru pain.
It is far better than not learning anything from the pain, and it gives us a very clear look at ourselves.
It is easy to profess something loudly, to beat at one's chest, rattle one's sabre, and make great oaths... however, do we truely know anyone, even ourselves, until we have had our convictions challenged? Until there is conflict, difficulty, adversity, there is no proof of virtue.

I don't think I'd be able to handle some of the things that had been done to me or happened to me in the past if I hadn't been able to find the lessons within the pain.  

Recursive Paradox

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces