Multiple entries per user?
  yea
  nay
  what or what?
View Results

Abaratsumo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:19 pm
Firstly I want to apologize for my lack of activity in the guild for the past couple days. My wi-fi connection had like a nervous breakdown or something because my internet was working fine and then lost all connectivity and then came back to me today like nothing had ever happened. Other people in my dorm experienced the same difficulties so it was probably a problem with the network. I hope it gets fixed and that things run better than they did before because everyone's connection has always been crap anyway.

Anywho...I got a submission for the avatar with many many submissions, largely concepts for avatars with different themes, rp characters, etc...

Now I'm putting the question up to you guys, the members of the guild, to see if you want to allow and submit for yourself multiple entries.

It makes more work for me but I'm up for it as long as they are in on time and aren't ridiculously numerous...yeah don't send me a thousand avtars with minute variations...

It also may make it harder for you guys to reach a decision on who should win since there will be more to select from.

However it may also give you a chance to spread your proverbial wings as a tektek artist in creating interesting and cool avatars. Not that this contest was meant to be one big art gallery.

I must say that personally I would like to limit the number of entries to one or two per member for the sake of saving space on the front page of the contest thread and to keep the contest more small and friendly.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:47 pm
I personally say no.
I dislike TekTek avatars, because it promotes the thinking that more is better. My entire outfit only cost me less than 100k. Yet it looks cool and the parts can be used in *other* concepts.

Personally, it shows more imagination and guts to stick to a concept and you create cooler ideas when you look at your items collected over time and find something you want to build with it.  

Emoryss

Angel of Flames2
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 pm
I understand if people complain about older gaians having more gold and items but we should be rewarded for having no lives LOL xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:19 am
Tektek's make it too easy to be creative.
I don't think it's the cost of the avi that counts, because I've seen amazing avi's that are way cheap to put together.

Breo_Saight

Emoryss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:44 am
*coughs* yeah, I honestly hate the "Million G avies Only!" mentality some... people... cultivate.

It shows a lack of thought or creativity to demand a monetary amount. Then again, anyone with a Horns of Demon or the like is instantly in even if they have a peasant top and nothing else. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 pm
No kidding xd Cheap avi's are fun 3nodding  

Angel of Flames2
Crew

Abaratsumo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:14 pm
It's the last day to submit anyway so I'll say only one avi per person is the rule from here on out.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:53 am
I hate tekteking, because the layering is always wrong... And people use impossible layering and it bothers me.  

GAKUGAKU BURUBURU
Crew

Familiar Explorer

3,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Abaratsumo
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:51 am
Ho snap! I probably don't even nedd this year old thread anymore. Ah, I'm sure the question'lll come up again though so I'll leave this here.  
Contests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games