Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Finally, some pics. (huge pics) updated 10/26 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:40 pm

I love the blue grey skin. Personaly I've never been fond of how grey orcs are portraid, but the way you did it make's it look realy good. The metal's also realy good too. Better than the way my metal comes out, and I've been playing Nurgle, Skaven, and alot of other army's with rust for most of the gaming carier. What paints do you use to get it like that? I agree with Kento though, they do look a little too bland.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:53 am

@Ruric- The paints I use are actually just normal craft store paint. Prolly some of the cheaper acrylic paint that you can get, lol. It's called Delta Ceramacote. No where near as expensive as the Games Workshop paints. I only have about 7 different colours along with gold copper, and silver so I just mix my own colours each time.

@King- I have way too shaky of a hand to paint on symbols myself. If I tried that I would have to use tape and cut out a stencil to use.

Aidenn K

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:28 am

Aidenn K

@King- I have way too shaky of a hand to paint on symbols myself. If I tried that I would have to use tape and cut out a stencil to use.

My hands shake as well.

You have a few options. Sometimes I brace my wrist, I did this more often when I was just starting out. Number two is to learn to work with the shakes. I usually just hold the model still and let my hand shake on its own, I odnt know how to describe it, but its possible. Number three is medical. My hands shake due to some issue with my nerves or whatever. So in my case I can take a swig of something alcoholic, or use this really cheap blood pressure med that cost me a buck at a CVS that has a side affect on people like me of calming my body the ******** down.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:13 pm

King Kento
Aidenn K
King Kento
I really do love the metal, but I think you should add some designs or symbols. Some ork glyphs would really add some interest to the models. Theyre very detailed, but still bland due to all the grays and no real contrast.

The dreadnaught came with a whole sheet of transfers, and I asked my friend if he wanted them put on, and he said no, because he wants them to be bland.

If it was my own army, they would have some sort of transfers on them.

Personally I dont like transfers. I paint my symbols on my models. The transfers end up shiny, dont blend in too well, and in the case of marine shoulder pads, they dont always fit.

Ya, this is true. Marine pads never fit correctly for me, I end up filing and painting over the folds caused from the curves, though they usually come out fine.

P.S. Nice orks, I've never seen any other than green. Go for thinking outside the box. *Thumbs up*

PyroXTech

Questionable Genius

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas