Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Capital Dee's Art Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dumble Dee

High-functioning Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:37 pm
User Image

Hi-lo, I am Dee, 18 years old living in the middle of nowhere with my laptop. I, like many of you, hate introducing myself. I'm a Senior in High and don't have a lot of art education. I have taught myself to draw by watching my older sister and mother.

Umm, I'm better at drawing women than men, but I'm trying to draw men more. They scare me. D,= I am a traditional media person and work badly with photoshop (the only program I've used). I like colored pencils and graphite the best, but I'm getting into painting and ink pens.

My Deviantart.

At the moment I'm hoping to get opinions on some of my WIPs and maybe the finished works. I won't post any of my older works, you'll have to check them out yourself. Okay enough, on with it.

User Image --> Image Update User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:29 pm
User Image
Great job w/the shape of the nose and mouth!
The back of the skull needs to be rounded out a bit more. It looks a bit flat, and unproportional to the length of the face.
I'm in love with the neckline/collarbone/shoulder though.
And the torso-when the human body is stretched that way, you see some of the rib sticking out, and then the rest of the torso curves concave down to the waist, and then flips to convex going to the hips.....I really wish I had a tablet >__< The right (left as you're looking at it) looks a bit small. Not small as in like an a cup compared to a d cup. Small as in the line that defines the inner side is drawn a bit high I think. It makes it look like it should be drawn on a smaller torso.

User Image
This one is excelent. Once again, i'm in love with the way that you drew the curve of the back, and the collar bone, and the neckline.. sigh. Anyways. The left (right as you're looking at it) shoulder looks like it's a bit too far forward, and/or draw too far toward the center.
But great job on everything else, and the ears look fantastic.

Hope this helps?  

Yuri Mono

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces