Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
DUMBLEDORE IS GAY! (yaoi pairings coming true thread!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:44 am
i couldn't believe it at first but then when you read the article it just makes sense  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:58 pm
I really wished JK Rowling would of added that tid-bit of info actually IN THE BOOK!! If she did then maybe some kids who read it wouldnt grow-up to be so homophobic and think that being gay isnt so unnatural. I have two cousins who read HP and they are 10 and 8 years old... sweatdrop

Besides that Im just glad she said it at all!! Haha I need to give my props to whoever asked that question ("Did Dumbledore have a love interest?") in the first place! Or else we might never of known this awesome fact :O!  

silent_wild_rabbit

teddytoles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:10 pm
I prefer lesbian pairings in this one. I like Tonks/Hermione, but I do like Ron/Harry. Ron did get really upset when he found out that Harry had his first kiss, that could lead into a jealousy issue because he secretly likes Harry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:17 pm
Walter C Dolneaz
I had the feeling that Cedric Digorry was hitting on harry. When he tells him about the prefect bathroom and all. ESPECIALLY in the movie!

"You should check out the prefects bathroom" (Cedric was a prefect himself)
*leans closer to harry*
"It's not a bad place for a bath"

(He might as well have winked at him afterward)
Rulin' ya universes...

Oh, I KNOW xD
And then at the end and harry was clinging to his dead body... I was like o.o;;

But then, also, in the same movie, when mr.voldemort goes "I can touch you now" IT IS REALLY FUNNY. Watch that same scene but cover your eyes and just listen. It's pure gold.
...since 1992.

User_2629207

merobean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:30 pm
I was extatic when I heard the news! I'm so glad Rowling isn't a homophobe who denies her own character's obvious homosexuality.
Before you know it, everybody's going to be "coming out" about their characters!
There's already a very strong rumor that Masashi Kishimoto (mangaka of Naruto) has said that Sasuke is
gay in an interview.
heart

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 am
yeah, I knew about this a long time ago. I don't know why people are making such a big deal about this. A story is a story. I like the fact that in her mind JK Rowling didn't sacrifice part of a character to serve public interest. This is me speaking strictly writer-wise. If you read though, the series, it only makes sense that he's gay. He never had any decent relationship with a woman his entire life it seems.

Though if people start "coming out" with all their characters, I think that might actually pis me off. If the character was not meant to be homosexual and then is changed to be because of "fans" and that its becoming popular now to be homosexual, then that actually makes me mad rather than pleased.  

malicer333

Bulma Greenleaf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:52 am
Yeah, I heard about what she said.
Well, I'm glad he is.

Well done by Rowling.

@ Dandied Death Wish: Is that true? Wow, that would make a lot of people happy. surprised
(and a lot of 'Sasuke fangirls' unhappy, o'course)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:37 pm
Ace of Shadows
Montypythoniisss
Wow. Awesome. But, if she admitted that, why'd she do the whole COMPLETLY RANDOM Tonks/Sirius thing. WTF? I thought she was being homophobic with that.....maybe she was, and now she's realized that that's completely stupid......Y'know, I never acually noticed the whole angsty Grim/Dumbedore thing....probaley because I stopped looking for it a long time ago.

For all that the Tonks/Remus thing seems random we can't know that Rowling didn't intend for them to be a pair from the start. Plus, there's also the fact that Sirius had been dead for well over a year at that point. Perhaps Remus felt it was time to move on, and the spunky, vivacious redhead just caught his interest.

I leave you with this lovely icon that's perfect for the situation:
User Image

Wow. That's hilarious. Well, of course it could've been planned out but it felt like the whole 'Harry breaking up with Cho and getting with Ginny' thing--like she did it "for the fan's".  

Montypythoniisss

Montypythoniisss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:46 pm
Kitsune-chi
Hem hem!

So. First of all, the whole Dumbledore-is-gay-and-loved-Grindelwald-thing? ******** AWESOME comes to mind. I mean, seriously: Gay in the Potterverse? And said gay came from one of the most powerful, revered, and well-loved characters (both within the book and within the fandom) ever? Uh. Hell yes. Absolutely wonderful. Also adds to JKR's ongoing themes of advocating anti-intolerance, anti-bigotry, etc. which I've always admired.

Second of all! I actually do have an example of a "canon slash" (this is contradictary and I do not care) instance in fandom. Young Avengers.

SPOILERS BE BELOW.

So, Young Avengers is a relatively new, unfortunately hiatus'd, (MINI SERIES COMING OUT IN JANUARY FTW) western comic from the Marvel side of things. Now normally I'm not into western comics; just never really found my niche there. But my goodness did I find it in YA.

So there are two characters, Billy and Teddy. Their super hero names are Asgardian (later Wiccan to avoid inappropriate puns; yes this is canon) and Hulkling. They're gay. For each other. On top of which, they are completely adorable. Canonly. Ohyes.

What happened is basically this, in a nutshell: Wiccan (who was named, at the time, Asgardian- have you gotten the pun yet?) and Hulkling were fighting bad guys in a cathedral along with the rest of the Young Avengers. During this Hulkling is snuck up on by a bad guy from behind with a knife, and Asgardian prompltly yells for him to get out of the way. Hulkling punches the bad guy out. All is well.

Now, the original exchance in the original comic was:

Asgardian: Hulkling! Behind you!
Hulkling: I got him! *punch'd bad guy goes here*
Asgardian: You certainly did.
Hulkling: Yeah, thanks to you.
Asgardian: No, thanks to you

Awws were had.

Now, for some reason the exchance was changed in the TPB

Asgardian: Hulkling! Behind you!
Hulkling: I got him!
Hulkling: Thanks for watching my back.
Asgardian: It was a pleasure.

Pfft, innuendo says what?

That particular exchance, coupled with the fantastically loving look exchanged by the two in the art, prompted fan speculation on the letter page. One letter was all it took, asking if Hulking and Asgardian were meant to be a couple because the flirting was sort of obvious. (Not in so many words but that was the general idea.) Anyway, this prompted the fan letter section of the YA issues to be completely monopolized with letters about the relationship between the two: An overwhelming amount of them actually very supportive of the idea. Heinberg himself said that the positive feedback was overwhelming, and that he was surprised the fans caught on so quickly. His plan was not to introduce the idea until at least the twelfth issue, but because of the amount of feedback he got, he went to Marvel and asked if he could play his hand early. They said "Sure." Thus, Teddy and Billy were revealed as a couple in the sixth issue through one of the other characters, Kate, in this exchance:

Kate: So Billy, about your new code name-
Billy: Why do I need a new code name?
Kate: Because you're not an Asgardian, you're a warlock. Plus you need a name that won't become a national joke when the press finds out about you and Teddy.

So, Teddy and Billy were outed as gay and a couple, Billy changed his superhero name to Wiccan, and all was well. And so, my ship sailed.

The plans for Hulkling and Asgardian were actually going to be different int he beginning. See, Hulkling is a shape shifter. He was originally actually going to be a girl, but assume male form when fighting. He was still going to be in a relationship with Wiccan, though I'm not sure whether the writer intended to have Billy still be gay but have Hulkling shapeshift into male form for his boyfriend's sake, or to have Billy be heterosexual. Either way, it's speculated that this was probably the closest that the writer, Allan Heinberg (who is openly gay) could get to a confirmed homosexual couple in comics. There was going to be some big to-do about it, but he went to Marvel and (once again, not in so many words) said, "Ah, can we not make a big deal outta this?" And Marvel supported the decision, thus Hulkling was confirmed to be the obstensibly male and adorable Teddy.

A quote on Heinberg's take on it:

"It was something I hadn't seen before," Heinberg said. "I hadn't seen gay teenagers in a comic book. First of all, in a relationship with each other; second of all, in a relationship that was sort of untroubled, where they were just in love with each other and where their sexuality wasn't an issue. It's much more of an issue for those kids that their parents find out that they're superheroes than it is that their parents discover they're gay."

Their relationship, while not exactly downplayed, is handled in the way I think it should be: Not some big HAY WE'RE GAY DON'T YOU KNOW deal, making it seem like a gimmick, but almost like a total given. And that's what I love about it.

The two are my current OTP. If. Y'know. You couldn't tell.

Same here! Young Avenger 4eva!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:58 pm
OH. HARRY AND DRACO!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!  

hameko105

Choer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:00 am
Sirius/Remus is one of the best pairings ever. It just has to be true! <3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:08 pm
OMFGLMFSAOHWCLAB
(oh my ******** god laughing my ******** stupid a** off hysterically while crying like a baby)  

Skeeterpillar

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces