I use my Gold to save up for items
  I wish I could buy MCs with RL money
View Results

Bunai

Angelic Blob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:35 pm
and grabbed myself a Gaia Cash Card
after much debating with myself.

i figured since i bought a 10 dollar game from Walmart (Diner Dash BTW)
that Gaiaonline is also a very game like environment, so i snagged a card.

what i was debating was. what if at some point something happens to my account? then i thought, what if something happens to my ps 2 games?
hmm...either way, something could happen that could prevent me from enjoying my hobbies equally.

since people seem to take spending Money to a Website more serious/ridiculous then spending the same amount of money to other activities.

basically you can just balance it out.
5 bucks to Gaia or 5 bucks getting candy?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:08 pm
XD That's very close to the same reasoning that I use when buying MCs. ><

It's just like spending money on a movie in the theaters. I can go pay around seven dollars to sit and see a movie once... that would last around maybe one and a half to two hours.
Or... I could spend $7.50 on Gaia and get items that will entertain me for much longer than that. <.< >.>

It's also coupled with the fact that I'd want to buy those items anyway. Annnd... I lose more time/energy/money by posting and earning the gold that I'd need to buy each item...
It takes less time to earn the money to buy the items than it does to earn the gold to buy the items. ^^;;

At least... that's how I've reasoned it out. ^^;; It still bothers me that I'm giving money to a site on the internet... which I don't have to be on...

But yeah~ >D I like these Cash Cards. How'd that work out, by the way? O:
Did you go on a major shopping spree?

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

MsxTina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:51 pm
Feedback Feedback =0
How'd it go? How does it work>?

I osund like a little kid on candy xD

I dunno
Sometimes I want one
But I feel bad spending money on it  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:39 pm
mwahha as of this post. i didnt activate it yet.
i might save up to buy October MC with gold, then activate the card and buy the third October with Gaia Cash.

or just avoid buying the Hunter. and save up for next month!! so confusing. i have to figure out what i want by the end of this month though.
-

for 10 bucks you get 1000 Gaia Cash. that can only be spent on store items and monthly collectibles. its basically an easier way to get MCs without the use of paypal, money order, checks, and snail mail.

its like. if i am going to spend money anyway...might as well be on something i like. i have no idea why i get hang ups about sending it to Gaia! but have no hang ups dropping a few bucks on a game or food. hmm either way the money is gone.

i guess too many influences got to me.  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:19 pm
I want one from target so I can sell that kitty and but me 10 MCs

I spend to much gold on MCs and never have time to buy regular items because I want to buy all the new items while they are low. That is why cash is great for me.

I also reason that way. "Come on Tokyo. Its not that bad. Fallen spent 70 bucks on a snowboard for flyff. Just buy the target card tokyo. Your birthday just past! YOU HAVE THE MONEY!"

>3 >3 >3

lol I edited this post 3 times cuz I kept leaving stuff out =D  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:20 pm
pfft wish i had that kind of dough.

yeah. i need more Commons too LOL

-
as of this post.
i redeemed the card. and now i have some GCash sittin in my...um GCash thing  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

_Neo_X_DonutMan_

Witty Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:47 am
I got one of the $10 card's

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:37 am
scary xd
do you live in Erie.
i swear the RITEAID i went to had the same arrangement.  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

Oulixeus
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:56 am
I used to buy them but I stopped after the ancient katana. It was a good investment. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:42 pm
Bunai
scary xd
do you live in Erie.
o_ o Wheres that?  

_Neo_X_DonutMan_

Witty Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

negi_magician

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:44 am
I'd prefer to spend it on the one that will be easiest to access. pirate I can get on the internet 4 days a week, but can't get on my PS3 more than twice. 3nodding But I only get about 30 minutes of internet versus 2 hours of PS3. gonk Yup, I can relate to how you feel. sweatdrop But if I had to get something, it would probably be the $25 card from Target.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:36 pm
_Neo_X_DonutMan_
Bunai
scary xd
do you live in Erie.
o_ o Wheres that?
xd ha guess not
Erie is in Pennsylvania.
i guess the store has similar looks regardless of where you go.
-

if i had a car and knew how to drive. i would probably save up to get a 25 card.

i can play PS2 anytime i want. i am just a procrastinator.  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

Blaiz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:08 pm
like cabbi said, its not something thats needed, but then again neither is a ps3 or FF (damn you sqsoft/sony!!).

maybe it just feels weird since you can earn the gold doing other things and its a simple outfit (part of an outfit) you are buying. purely aesthetic, not much other use than that.

and on a website that mainly is comprised on forums, at least we're not paying to access it though. that would suck.

so yeah, ive kinda stopped thinking about it. if i like it, i want it, i check my moneys, then buy it.

if i think too much then ill have that whole predicament about what i can use the money for and if its worth it, blah blah blah....so on and so forth.

but i havent bought the card. dont see much point when i can buy it online, ya know? and the cat...well, i dont really care for it, even though its my fave animal in the world. it just looks funny to me. Just like Tokyo said, the gold from it is tempting.

(Indecision is such a plague. They have to stop coming out with so many cool things, then I wouldnt want anything and would be able to save for things i really need/want.)  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games