Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Hmmm I need some help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:33 pm
I'm looking for a new Star Trek book to read. I'm currently looking for TOS, next gen, and Voyager novels.

If it helps I loved "To Reign in Hell The exile of Khan Noonian Singh"
I like books that have good relationship plots and show the characters depth. I also like a some action to balance it out.

If you have any Idea of what I might like please 'step' forward ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 pm
Take a look at my topic "Post Series/Movies Books." There's a bunch of good books that I listed in there. But there's a few that come to mind immediately:

TNG - Death in Winter by Michael Jan Friedman (must read Reunion by same first.).

Voy - Distant Shores by various - it's an omnibus, very good.

Those are the first two - well, three - that come to mind...I know of a few others, but let me know if these or the ones from my topic are the type you like; if they are, I can get you some other ideas if you want.  

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:16 pm
Thank you ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:20 pm
A TOS book that I really enjoyed was "Strangers from the Sky" by Margaret Wander Bonanno.

But you'd probably only be able to find it at a used book store or online.  

Shai_Hulud

Red Roses in December

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:14 pm
I know that this book is kinda overplayed, but if you like TNG, then Imzadi Forever(a combo of imzadi1 and 2) is awesome!! Unless you have read it, I will not consider you cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:06 am
---_---_---_---_

Star trek: Invasion! is a good series, it's a crossover, and has one book for each series. It's rather interesting, although the last book makes a reference to the 'Omega Quadrent', which should not exist, as there are 4 quadrents (hence 'quad') Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta.

Also, the Captain's Table Onimbus is a huge book, but fun to read, as it is written from the point of view of the character. :3

Look on Amazon Marketplace for some cheap books. :3

_---_---_---_---

-[.Moo.]-

YoukaiLuvr

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:16 pm
The Captain's Table crossover is a really good series, plus if you don't care for a certain captain, or you don't want the omnibus, you can get all six seperately. It has Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Calhoun (New Frontier), and...Pike? Any help here, -[.Moo.]-? Anyway, I think the last one's Pike, but I'm not sure. The only one I know for sure I've read is Kathryn's - Fire Ship. VERY good.

But I just remembered one that I can't believe I didn't list:

TNG: Reunion by Michael Jan Friedman.

This is one heck of a book, oh my gosh. Not only is MJF one of the best Trek writers in the business, but this story brings in Jean-Luc's Stargazer crew. They come to the Enterprise-D and, by the end of it, we find out exactly how Jack Crusher died.

Plus, once this one is read, then the post-Nemesis book, Death in Winter will make more sense. xd MJF wrote that one, too.

Oh, anything written by Diane Duane is excellent! She has such a gift for writing - I wish I could write half as well.... Peter David is incredible, too!

I'm positive I'm forgetting several...(Greg Cox is another good one)...but there's a list of authors. Maybe searching that way will get you some results.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:10 am
YoukaiLuvr
The Captain's Table crossover is a really good series, plus if you don't care for a certain captain, or you don't want the omnibus, you can get all six seperately. It has Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Calhoun (New Frontier), and...Pike? Any help here, -[.Moo.]-? Anyway, I think the last one's Pike, but I'm not sure. The only one I know for sure I've read is Kathryn's - Fire Ship. VERY good.

---_---_---_---_

I read them up to uhm.. I read 1,2,3 and 4. I didn't fancy reading 5 and 6.. It would mean getting into a whole new thing...

Fire Ship was good.
I also liked War Dragons.. I even thought The Mist was good. Not to mention Dujonians Hoard- PICARD UNDERCOVER AS A ROGUE!

_---_---_---_---

-[.Moo.]-

Tevakh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:53 pm
A sort-of TOS series I can think of is Vulcan's Soul.
The books are:
Exodus
Exiles
Epiphany  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out