Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Serious Discussion
Men get More Respect... even on the internet!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

No spoonfeeds anymore. did you notice that?
  OMG YEAh
  ew your right D=
  Uhh... No. >>"
View Results

RazorBlade-Masturbation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:18 pm
Ok, so another site I joined up as a guy, right? I decided to keep y gender secret for a little while. And I noticed all theliterates came buggering over to me instead of another girl who had a better arguement than I did. They ll tended to avoid beign emtional recks about me.. and well in general were alot less btchy to me.

Then I told them I was gir... and well yeah! It was only then I started getting their problems in life, whining, and then stomping on my bad arguements. XD

Does anyone here agree with me?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:34 am
Yes, us men never got further than caveman mentality.
Looks can be deceiving. domokun

Don't be fooled by anything any guy tells you
Underneath it all, he's still as primitive as can be

I should know
I like to pretend I'm not. cool

Cheeto Bandito

Professional Bandit

22,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100

its Aemo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:41 am
For me, nope. Not in real life nor on the internet. I give them just as much respect.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:45 pm
At my mothers work men are shown alot more respect than the women. I don't understand why men are so much better than women.  

Randa Lee

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:08 am
RazorBlade-Masturbation
Ok, so another site I joined up as a guy, right? I decided to keep y gender secret for a little while. And I noticed all theliterates came buggering over to me instead of another girl who had a better arguement than I did. They ll tended to avoid beign emtional recks about me.. and well in general were alot less btchy to me.

Then I told them I was gir... and well yeah! It was only then I started getting their problems in life, whining, and then stomping on my bad arguements. XD

Does anyone here agree with me?
Hey, I get people's problems a lot on MSN. XD (Block button, KEEP MY SANITY!)
But yeah, Cheeto's pretty much right, no matter how you look at it.
And, sexism is still rampant, I mean, at my mom's work, women have to go to these meetings, 'cause the guys didn't wanna. XD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:07 am
I don't think women are 'inferior' to men. It's unfortunate that they can sometimes be treated less respectfully, but they do get better clothes!
<.< >.> <.<

Now, how many of you thought that was strange? Would you have a similar reaction to a women who actually wears guy's clothes? Yeah, it works both ways, just a little differently. It's not 'fair' how it is, but it's undeniable that there are differances. A quick trip to the bathroom will prove that.

I tend to get along better with 'women' than 'men'. I think it's because I'm an emotional guy and I prefer the usually more empathetic females over the usually more stoic males. It's for this same reason that I do tell girls my problems much more readily than guys; it's just more comfortable and fitting! I'm sure some other guys do it for the same reason... but a good deal probably just don't want to b***h to their friends. >.o  

Kaize

undrempt_dreams

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:05 am
I think that how a guy treats a girl all depends on were they were born and how they were rased.
Like the guys at my moms work are form Africa and they will respect you but only if you act like they are more important then you...
I think that every region has its own opinions on such things and that rubs off on people...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:08 pm
Uhm.
No.  

Ty-Tuff

Elmihy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:16 am
Yeah, I think like racism, sexism still exists, even if it is a little more toned down from how it used to be. You can change how people act with laws, but you can't change how they think... *shakes head* Of course, unless your communist or nazi germany.
Anyway, I haven't encountered a lot of problems on the internet as a girl (then and again, I've never tried being a boy), but I've seen a lot of it in real life. I mean, men and woman are different physically (as mentioned before), but i think the social and mental differences of both genders is more media and traditionally influenced. People, especially men, are capable of giving women proper respect, but even if they've been raised "well" and understand the equality of both genders, they are still bombarded with sexism messages by their peers and others throughout their lives, and often sexism is subconscious. Once again, that's similar to racism. I was talking to an ex-friend a couple of months ago about my troubles with racism (I'm asian) and she bluntly said, "prejudice no longer exists." That's what actually a lot of people think.
Anyway, I sometimes feel that in order for a woman to be respected and have power is just to influence men by acting "sexy" because some, but not all, men are that easily and stupidly influenced, and although it might give a woman more power, it also propogates the notion that only beautiful woman have the power to influence.

Hmm... what a rant... that was fun. Nice idea for a thread, I'm glad people can address this issue. ^^

Serious Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games