Welcome to Gaia! ::

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Back to Guilds

Community for those interested in the darker, alternative side of life 

Tags: Alternative, Community, Rock, Chat, Goth 

Reply † The Dark Sanctuary †
"I promise you'll love it!" ~ Recommended books/games/films Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:31 am
Airforce Soldier
Shadow__Dweller
Airforce Soldier
The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. BEST BOOK SERIES EVER!!!!!!

I tried reading one of those but didn't like it. sweatdrop

You have to start to start at the beginning, you can skip the prologues. It takes a chapter to get into. But they are great books.

Yeah I read some of the first book but it just isn't my sort of book.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:13 am
The Best Game... DUH!!! Kingdom Hearts

khlouiie-nicole

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

my tacos go rawr 8D

6,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:25 pm
evermore and the sequel blue moon r pretty good i also heart edgar allen poe
emo  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:03 am
For anyone interested in the magickal(yes it is spelt right) side of things. Goth Craft is a great book.
Its by Raven Dighets(I think thats wrong).  

redtearsblackwings

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 am
I suggest "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies." It's a satire on the original Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin but it's funny and enjoyable because of the inclusion of Zombies. I definately suggest you read it!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:38 am
It sounds like it would be intersting to read.  

redtearsblackwings

Ardua

6,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:45 am
Shadow__Dweller
I suggest "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies." It's a satire on the original Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin but it's funny and enjoyable because of the inclusion of Zombies. I definately suggest you read it!

I heard about that one, they've done the same thing with Sense and Sensibility. Instead it's Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters heart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:57 am
Midnight Thoughts
Shadow__Dweller

I heard about that one, they've done the same thing with Sense and Sensibility. Instead it's Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters heart

Yep, I've not read that one though. there's also one called Mr Darcy, Vampyre.

I would suggest Coraline to everyone. the movie that is...it's really great.  

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:45 pm
For anyone who is into Witchcraft, I got a new book thats really good for that.
Its called Witchcraft Theroy and Pratice, but I can't remeber who it is by.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:44 pm
I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I don't know I didn't really like it. It was cool how Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth was zombie killers. But I don't know it just fell flat for me.

I did really love Vampire Darcy's Desire. That was really good. I love how it showed Darcy with a dark side. But I felt Elizabeth was a lot stronger of a character then from the original story.

I really want to read the Mr. Darcy, Vampyre. But I got side track cause I found the amazing-ness of the BDB.  

Vampire lockk

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 am
Vampire lockk
I read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I don't know I didn't really like it. It was cool how Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth was zombie killers. But I don't know it just fell flat for me.

I did really love Vampire Darcy's Desire. That was really good. I love how it showed Darcy with a dark side. But I felt Elizabeth was a lot stronger of a character then from the original story.

I really want to read the Mr. Darcy, Vampyre. But I got side track cause I found the amazing-ness of the BDB.

I agree that Pride and Prejudice was pretty flat. It was amusing but the writing wasn't particularly good. It was amateur-ish.

The thing I don't like about modern adaptations or modern perspectives on Pride and Prejudice is that the women in those times couldn't be as "strong" as we are today because socially they had to be flimsy...so if they try to make a character like Elizabeth stronger it doesn't go with historical fact.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:04 am
redtearsblackwings
For anyone interested in the magickal(yes it is spelt right) side of things. Goth Craft is a great book.
Its by Raven Dighets(I think thats wrong).

Raven Digitalis. Who is a sweetheart, by the way. Great book, and a great person.  

Esoteric Order of Dagon

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces