Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:51 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

how dare you say that about Dan Potthast? lol. from what I've heard the stitch ups are pretty much like Dan Potthast's solo stuff w/ a live band. No its not ska, but I love Dan Potthast. lol.

and I'll pass on the streetlight.

Dance

They cover two MU330 songs. "La la la," and "Raw Fish." The performance was overall... bad, though.

Thats cool about the covers. how are they bad though? like they're not perfect musicians bad? or they're boring bad, or what?

Dance

They were REALLY, REALLY, awkward. They all just stood there...
Haha I see, well idk, I'll just have to see for myself. I'm hoping they're good, but then again I've got no clue yet.

Dance

They were alright, but no one really knew the music... so... yeah. The crowd wasn't into it, so I wasn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:00 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

how dare you say that about Dan Potthast? lol. from what I've heard the stitch ups are pretty much like Dan Potthast's solo stuff w/ a live band. No its not ska, but I love Dan Potthast. lol.

and I'll pass on the streetlight.

Dance

They cover two MU330 songs. "La la la," and "Raw Fish." The performance was overall... bad, though.

Thats cool about the covers. how are they bad though? like they're not perfect musicians bad? or they're boring bad, or what?

Dance

Haha I see, well idk, I'll just have to see for myself. I'm hoping they're good, but then again I've got no clue yet.

Dance

They were alright, but no one really knew the music... so... yeah. The crowd wasn't into it, so I wasn't.

damn. thats what I was afraid of. I hate when crowds are s**t for bands that are good. hopefully people down here are better. haha.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:05 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

damn. thats what I was afraid of. I hate when crowds are s**t for bands that are good. hopefully people down here are better. haha.

Dance

They were really into the MU330 covers, but no one knew their new stuff, so it was hard to get into something you don't know. Especially when the sound quality is garbage.

...oh, and I just got word that Streetlight was robbed... again.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

They were really into the MU330 covers, but no one knew their new stuff, so it was hard to get into something you don't know. Especially when the sound quality is garbage.

haha yeah I understand the hard to get into something you don't know. it depends on the band though. like some bands you can really get into, but some you just can't I suppose when NO ONE knows the band yeah that doesn't work. lol.

lol wait they were robbed? you sure you don't mean suburban legends? cuz they got their van stolen a few days ago. if streetlight did too then damn. That could be awesome if they magically can't play here and suburban legends can and plays for like ever. haha. no offense to streetlight, suburban legends is just 1000x better, especially when they get a really long set. and especially when I get to kick Brian Klemm's a** in marvel vs. capcom. but state theater doesn't have it so I can't this time. haha.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:15 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

haha yeah I understand the hard to get into something you don't know. it depends on the band though. like some bands you can really get into, but some you just can't I suppose when NO ONE knows the band yeah that doesn't work. lol.

lol wait they were robbed? you sure you don't mean suburban legends? cuz they got their van stolen a few days ago. if streetlight did too then damn. That could be awesome if they magically can't play here and suburban legends can and plays for like ever. haha. no offense to streetlight, suburban legends is just 1000x better, especially when they get a really long set. and especially when I get to kick Brian Klemm's a** in marvel vs. capcom. but state theater doesn't have it so I can't this time. haha.

Dance

From what I've heard it was both, I could be wrong though.

Suburban Legends... I like them, don't get me wrong, but for every one song I like by them... there's another four I hate. They're a lot of fun, but I only have like four songs I really enjoy listening to.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:18 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

Suburban Legends... I like them, don't get me wrong, but for every one song I like by them... there's another four I hate. They're a lot of fun, but I only have like four songs I really enjoy listening to.

Hah yeah I can understand that. I've been into them for like ever. they've strawyed from ska, but well, their new music is just, them. haha. I mean when you're awesome enough to dance and play at the same time while being awesome. you can pretty much do anything. haha. there are a couple songs I don't like, but they don't usually play them live. and disney covers are always awesome. haha

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:22 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Hah yeah I can understand that. I've been into them for like ever. they've strawyed from ska, but well, their new music is just, them. haha. I mean when you're awesome enough to dance and play at the same time while being awesome. you can pretty much do anything. haha. there are a couple songs I don't like, but they don't usually play them live. and disney covers are always awesome. haha

Dance

Yeah, Under the Sea is amazing. They really are a completely different band live, I wish their recordings could capture that more. Same goes for Westbound Train. I LOVE their recordings, but they bring it to another level live.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:25 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

Yeah, Under the Sea is amazing. They really are a completely different band live, I wish their recordings could capture that more. Same goes for Westbound Train. I LOVE their recordings, but they bring it to another level live.

Yeah I have the DVD, problem w/ it is that the sound quality is horrible. still amazing specially if you have itunes cuz you can use an EQ setting to fix the fact that theres almost no guitar on the CD. lol

Dance

Guns of Navarone

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:30 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Yeah I have the DVD, problem w/ it is that the sound quality is horrible. still amazing specially if you have itunes cuz you can use an EQ setting to fix the fact that theres almost no guitar on the CD. lol

Dance

Yeah, haha...
Speaking of live albums, I don't know about you, but I was REALLY disappointed by Reel Big Fish's live album. It's not that I didn't like the music... it's just that it was barely live. They obviously edited it and whatnot, which completely ruined the live feel. It just feels like studio recording + applauds.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:32 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone

Dance

Dance

Dance

Yeah, haha...
Speaking of live albums, I don't know about you, but I was REALLY disappointed by Reel Big Fish's live album. It's not that I didn't like the music... it's just that it was barely live. They obviously edited it and whatnot, which completely ruined the live feel. It just feels like studio recording + applauds.

haha yeah, they did keep whitty banter and all. I was kinda sad it wasn't just like one whole live show. but oh well. it was still great, and yeah on the DVD they literally are like yay overdubbing! haha.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:17 pm
apparantly no one got lifetime jokes...  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items