Reply Books/Movies
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I AM A GRAVEYARD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay, so, I'm a complete bookworm, and let me tell you, when it comes to books, I've been reading Stephen King since I was ten. wink heart
But, my favorite book I have ever read is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It's not exactly a hard book. Mature, I suppose, considering the fact that there's sex, drugs, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, you know, all of that good stuff. XD
I really think it's one of those books where you either love it or hate it. I just happen to love it.
Also, because of The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I have a new favorite quote:
"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."

These are also some of the more memorable quotes from the book:
CLICK HERE, FOOS! ;DDD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:31 pm
    I saw that book on my English teacher's bookshelf and from what I heard was pretty good. I might read it when I have the time.

P!NKIE

Wheafy the Squirrel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:58 am
I've heard of it, and from what I've been told, it's similar to A Million Little Pieces.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:29 pm
I remember that tunnel. Very powerful scene. For some reason, that book always reminds me of The Case of the Dog in the Nighttime. They aren't similar at all, but I can't shake the association.  

7OuterElements

OblivionCake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:53 pm
I've just finished this book and it was amazing. The part about being infinite really made me think 'I so want to try that'. The strange part is that I bought it at the same time I bought "The Curious Case of the Dog in the Nighttime" and it is really weird how they seem kind of the same, but not because of events. Really odd, but I agree.  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:14 pm
OblivionCake
I've just finished this book and it was amazing. The part about being infinite really made me think 'I so want to try that'. The strange part is that I bought it at the same time I bought "The Curious Case of the Dog in the Nighttime" and it is really weird how they seem kind of the same, but not because of events. Really odd, but I agree.

i just read both of those, and i think they're both great reads.  

Teh Jellyfishy

Blushingchinadoll

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 pm
I thought it was an amazing book, but my school banned it for a year because of a crazy religous middle school parent freaked out, but the highschool students and teachers put it back on the list. I read it at first because it was banned, but it is very well written and the topic is realistic too. One of my favourites!  
Books/Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games