Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read the Blood books?
  Yep.
  No.
View Results

Wissakins

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:32 am
I actually have read this entire series. I happened to find all of them at a used book store a few years back before the show came out. I thoroughly enjoyed them actually. I was a bit disappointed that vampires can't peacefully coexist though. I was relieved to find all the books at once. They aren't easy to come by.

A friend of mine actually discovered the show and recommended it to me. I watched the first episode and realized I'd read the books. The first episode is almost taken completely from the first book. Its actually a pretty good show and following episodes are very true to the book characters. Many times, I hate shows based on books I like.

Speaking of Tanya Huff, I've read another one of her books, but it was more straight up fantasy. I much prefer her vampire books.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:47 pm
I love her books. Wasn't able to find this series till I was hunting out a book to buy my mom, also by Huff. If you liked these, or like something with less vampy darky stuff and more um...fantasy magicy stuff? you might like The Summoning series, starting with Summon the Keeper. Its nice and short being a trilogy. And the House in it is based right around the corner where I grew up...and when I say corner and grew up, I mean 20 min by bus from where I currently live rather than the 45 min to get outta the country where I actually grew up biggrin  

Domiera

5,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items