Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Faery (Fairy, or whatever) books- crowding our bookstores? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you oppose all these faery or however you want to spell it books?
  Yes
  No
  Goooooold!
View Results

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 pm
If you look at my name, then you probably realize that I love Faeries.

I basically love all of them, thought I do tend to shy away from the really dumb cutsie baby fairies...although I used to dislike Tinker Bell, but I'm kind of digging the new Disney Fairies. Especially after Gail Carson Levine wrote the first set of books for them. (Levine is one of my favorite authors who wrote Ella Enchanted)

Just about everything seems to go in trends, when Harry Potter was popular it was all about boy wizards or whatever, movies are always like that too. I don't really care if it's a fad, as long as the books are good.

There have been enough good books written for just about anyone to be happy for an entire lifetime, so it's really no big deal what the current fad is, if you don't like it there's always a lot of other stuff to choose from.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 pm
The Artemis Fowl series by Eion Colfer is brilliant, A 12 yr old master mind trys to take on a fairy race, one snag they have guns and huge amounts of technology

Read it if you like anti-heros, uncute fairys, gagets, comedy or are justlooking for a neww series to start (6 books and counting)  

eda bell

Kahahana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:26 pm
eda bell
The Artemis Fowl series by Eion Colfer is brilliant, A 12 yr old master mind trys to take on a fairy race, one snag they have guns and huge amounts of technology

Read it if you like anti-heros, uncute fairys, gagets, comedy or are justlooking for a neww series to start (6 books and counting)
Already read it.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces