Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Az_the_Wox's Furry Gallery :3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read?
*reads* o.o
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

Az_the_Wox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:31 pm
(removed by the artist)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:04 pm
Do you have other sketches showing other things you draw. That can give people a better gauge of where you are and how we can help.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Az_the_Wox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:09 am
(removed by the artist)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:03 am
(removed by the artist)  

Az_the_Wox

Az_the_Wox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:14 am
Wait what....? I made some light blue skeletons to make those (surprisingly flat) sketches in the previous post. Why does it not show the sloppy blue lines I made everywhere? Can my scanner not see them? neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:45 pm
The scanner should pick them up if you're NOT set to print/text/newsprint or any other 2bit setting. Like a copy machine, blue pencil may not show.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Az_the_Wox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:48 pm
Oh. OKie then. domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:17 pm
I'm going to suggest reading through a few things in the resource thread (main forum) about human anatomy. Then draw something new. As you do that one, keep some reference of a person beside you to check things. When it comes to anatomy, you're starting from the ground up, so there isn't much I can say about it until you get your feet wet in trying to learn more.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Az_the_Wox

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:43 pm
Errol McGillivray
When it comes to anatomy, you're starting from the ground up, so there isn't much I can say about it until you get your feet wet in trying to learn more.

Woowwwww, was that a "you suck and know nothing, start over" in disguise, lol?! xd heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:33 am
Nope that's a helping hand to make your drawings more real.
I really like that angel one though. It shows you have potential to make much better art. It's time that can be silly. lol  

Freaksrus

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250

Az_the_Wox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:56 am
Freaksrus
Nope that's a helping hand to make your drawings more real.
I really like that angel one though. It shows you have potential to make much better art. It's time that can be silly. lol

I'm quite happy with my style, but I think he implied that I put NO effort into my figures at all. My feet are QUITE wet, thank you, that comic took 11 months to make! stare  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:43 pm
He wasn't saying you suck at all. Please -- this is a place to critique, it's not just a picture post area.
Expect to get critique.

I would have to agree that you need to go into human anatomy a bit more if you're going to draw anthro art. Everything you have here seems rather flat and stiff.
Try doing some random gesture drawings, and study from real like how anatomy moves. And don't forget to draw skeletons before drawing the frame of the person.

The muzzles of your anthros are rather...all the same, from what I can see. Despite the angle, they seem to go off to one side. Occasionally, they'll be front since it a straight-on view, but still... Remember that there's different perspective and view depending on how the person is facing.

Second, it's rather hard to scroll through all of the comic. Would you mind maybe putting links, or thumbnails, or something other than the full images.  

Shadizilla

Az_the_Wox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:46 pm
I'm just about SICK of the word "Anatomy" by now. stare Pardon if I don't take criticism well. I've gotten no "good job" or "good effort" 's since I got here. Nothing but "this needs work" and "that's not right." I'm not here to be put down every step of the way. Sorry but this isn't the guild environment that I want. I expected at least ONE person to say "hey I read the whole thing and I like it!" or "nice nice, I like best." But nope, nothing but critiques from artists far beyond my own ability. This took a YEAR for me to make and I'm getting nothing but criticism. I was feeling pretty great about my comic until I got here.

I think I'll find another guild, sorry. stare

*poof*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:02 am
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I believe that this is what the guild is for; Constructive Critisism.

It says that this isn't just a glorified picture post.

Shadizilla

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff