Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
probably a silly question, but I was wondering

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boadicia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:16 pm
It's pretty much been decided that a fluffy bunny is someone who delves too far into the happy light side of paganism while almost, if not completely, disregarding the dark side. Is there a term, or anything else for that matter, regarding the other side of the extreme, a person who goes too far into the dark (so to speak) while ignoring the happy light side?

I'm not refering to any religion that's extremely pessimistic, but religions that seek to strike balances between the two.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:50 pm
Boadicia
It's pretty much been decided that a fluffy bunny is someone who delves too far into the happy light side of paganism while almost, if not completely, disregarding the dark side.

I disagree with this definition. Really- a fluffy bunny is someone who ignores objective reality in favor of personal delusion or favors flawed sources because it furthers self-aggrandizing mythos.

There is room for “light” and UPG within serious traditions; it just shouldn’t be touted to create historical and theological revisionism and delusion.

Quote:
Is there a term, or anything else for that matter, regarding the other side of the extreme, a person who goes too far into the dark (so to speak) while ignoring the happy light side?

I'm not refering to any religion that's extremely pessimistic, but religions that seek to strike balances between the two.
Fluffies are fluffies- no matter if they are obsessed with pretty shiny or dank darkness.  

TeaDidikai

Boadicia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:08 pm
I can see it like that, then. A dark fluffy -- that's kind of weird. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:23 pm
Meh- No more or less than any other group.

I mean- "white lighters" and "dankity-dank hole" people exist across religious bounderies.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:46 pm
Heh, I usually refer to that as Vlading, after a local Mr dark we had who always pretended to super ebil and dark power... power so dark, you couldn't seen it...
He was the direct descendant of Vlad Tepes, which was fortunate, as he was the reincarnation of that self same impaler... which is quite a feet considering his pure Cherokee, Souix, Atlantean, Basque, and Celtic blood. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:50 am
I call them Gothbunnies. Insubstantially (mis)informed, with dark eyeliner, a konstantinos book, and plenty of angst at their disposal.  

Specter Love

godhi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:01 am
Specter Love
I call them Gothbunnies. Insubstantially (mis)informed, with dark eyeliner, a konstantinos book, and plenty of angst at their disposal.

I prefer the term Goth Poseur. Posing and posturing, trying to act the part of the dark and tragic anti-hero, filled with angster and suffering but in truth is more like a pathetic whiner who refuses to grow up and accept responsibility for their actions. Oh, these Goth Poseurs proudly wear their silver pentacles and spout nonsense about how they have embraced the dark side of the Craft, but nine times out of ten they actually know less about witchcraft than the fluff bunnies. It's absolutely pathetic. Los Angeles is FULL of Goth Poseurs, and if you're on Hollywood blvd. you can't swing a dead bat without hitting one--and believe me, I've lost count of how many times I've wanted to swing a bat at one!
Excuse me while I climb off my soapbox. evil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:41 am
I like Vlading/Vladers- it is a popular tale for those who fall in that group. I even knew a Catholic who claimed such.

As for Konstantinos- I think people might be a little too harsh on him.

Some of his stuff is pretty good if you cut away the fluff- much the same way Cunningham is.  

TeaDidikai

Shorti Rock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:42 pm
gothbunnies, that's cute, i agree that a fluffy bunny is a fluffy bunny no matter how you look at it, but a gothbunny is an interesting way of putting it...(mind you, i wear heavy black eyeliner most of the time, but that is not because i want to sustain a certain image, it's because that is how i feel comfortable...but at the same time, i am quite informed yet modest, nothing at all like a gothbunny)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:51 pm
Not a big fan of the term "gothbunnies" myself. The goth culture is bastardized enough.

Oh for the good ol' days when Goth was a subgroup of punk and not just a bunch of folks with black clothes and silver jewelry.  

TeaDidikai

Boadicia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:23 pm
Sounds like emo on crack. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:46 pm
TeaDidikai
Not a big fan of the term "gothbunnies" myself. The goth culture is bastardized enough.

Oh for the good ol' days when Goth was a subgroup of punk and not just a bunch of folks with black clothes and silver jewelry.

Yeah, the good ole days when they could back up thier angsty attitudes and would be poseurs asses. Yeah, that was when Goth was cool.  

jaden kendam

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:27 am
jaden kendam

Yeah, the good ole days when they could back up thier angsty attitudes and would be poseurs asses. Yeah, that was when Goth was cool.
Jaden? Do you know about the Goth movement that stemmed from Punk?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games